Transform

Transform

Kyungsoo wriggled slightly in his grey blazer as he stuffed his books into his locker. He tugged at the collar of his dress shirt and wondered if his uniform was always this uncomfortable.

“How you holding up?” Joonmyun asked as he leaned against the metal lockers next to Kyungsoo’s.

Four other boys crowded around the smaller boy as well, hands stuffed in their pants pockets as they waited for the wide-eyed boy to answer their alpha’s question.

“Okay I guess,” Kyungsoo shrugged, “But am I supposed to want to smell everything?”

“You’ll get used to it,” Chanyeol clapped him on the shoulder.

 “Well I think I can do without this stupid itch behind my ear that I have to scratch every ten seconds,” Kyungsoo muttered as he rubbed the skin behind the shell of his right ear.

“But you have to admit there are some perks that come with the transformation,” Jongin pointed out, lazily scuffing his shoe against the linoleum tile.

“Yeah, the enhanced vision is pretty nice,” Kyungsoo chuckled and placed the last book into his locker.

“Can we hurry up and just go to lunch?” Sehun whined as he tugged Joonmyun’s arm, “We can talk about this at our table and I’m hungry.”

“Fine, fine,” Joonmyun patted the Sehun’s hand before looking around, “Where’s Baekhyun?”

Kyungsoo glanced over his shoulder and found Baekhyun missing just like the elder said.

A soft tenor laugh seemed to bounce off the metal lockers as if they were stereo speakers. The five boys turned towards the sound to find Baekhyun a ways down the hall, hands stuffed into his pockets and his weight shifted to his right foot, as he smiled down at you.

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrowed and a snarl escaped his lips as he slammed his locker shut.

“Whoa, easy there,” Jongin chuckled with an amused smirk.

Kyungsoo blinked a few times before looking at his locker. He jumped away from it as if he had been shocked when he saw a dent in the grey metal where his hand was.

“What was that?” he asked, mostly to himself.

“Well, when your senses got heightened after the transformation, so did your emotions,” Joonmyun explained.

“And you did always have a crush on her,” Chanyeol jerked his head in your direction, “So, it’s only natural. You just have to be a little more careful now.”

Sehun threw an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder when the newest member of the pack sighed and started leading him towards the cafeteria, “Why don’t we go to lunch? Baekhyun can catch up later.”

Kyungsoo stole a last glance over his shoulder as the five boys walked down the hall.

---

Kyungsoo was sitting in class the next day, absentmindedly twirling his pencil around his fingers as the teacher at the front of the room explained the difference between complex and compound sentences. His eyes began to wander around the room and found solace on your figure sitting two seats to his right.

He didn’t even bother trying to hide his smile when you pushed your reading glasses up the bridge of your nose as you scribbled pages of notes. Your hand was plastered to the side of your head, holding your hair for falling into your face as you wrote in your notebook.

But the content smile on his face was quickly replaced with a frown when his eyes slipped past your figure to the boy, Jongdae, sitting next to you. It didn’t take more than two seconds for Kyungsoo to catch Jongdae taking quick glances at your figure, admiring your beauty just as he was.

The scowl on Kyungsoo’s face deepened when he looked around the classroom and noticed that Jongdae wasn’t the only one stealing glances in your direction.

He tightened his grip around his pencil and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths as he tried to control his flaring anger.

Only when the teacher announced the end of the lesson did Kyungsoo open his eyes with a soft sigh. He turned his head towards you and saw you closing your notebook while taking off your glasses.

As you began to pack your things, your eyes met his. Kyungsoo stiffened but continued to stare at you with wide eyes.

You looked into his eyes for a few moments before giving a soft smile that melted his heart.

He sat there for a few moments after you left, staring at your empty chair while his heartbeat pounded in his ears.

---

Kyungsoo lost control for the first time after school.

He was walking out of his last period with Chanyeol and Joonmyun when he saw you and Sehun together. You were both standing by your locker, laughing over something funny Sehun had said.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked tentatively, noticing the smaller boy’s clenched fists and irate expression.

He was about to mutter a strained “I’m fine” when Sehun reached up and ruffled your hair in a playful manner.

And that was when he snapped.

He stormed down the hallway and before anyone could get out a word, punched Sehun across the face. You let out a shocks gasp and covered your mouth you’re your hand as Sehun dropped to the floor, clutching his cheek. 

The two older boys, who were watching the whole ordeal from across the hall, ran over to help the disoriented Sehun who was rubbing his jaw.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened when he realized what he just did. He opened his mouth to apologize, to explain himself, but all of his words jumbled in his mind and then got caught in his throat and he ended up just standing over Sehun like an idiot. 

“Are you okay?” Joonmyun asked as he and Chanyeol helped Sehun to his feet.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Sehun said softly, his eyes flickering to Kyungsoo before dropping back down to the floor.

Dozens of eyes were on him, dozens of hushed whispers were floating through the air to his ears.

Kyungsoo’s gaze landed on you and you stared back at him with fearful eyes.

Just as you were about to reach out to him, Kyungsoo his heels and sprinted down the hallway.

---

Kyungsoo threw an arm over his eyes to block out the sun as he laid on the deserted roof of the school building. He let out a frustrated sigh as he tried to come up with an explanation to why knocking Sehun in the jaw was a completely reasonable reaction to him touching your hair.

Right when he was on a verge (not really) of a mental breakthrough, something cold was suddenly pressed against his cheek. He lifts his arms off of his face and squinted his eyes from the sudden change of light.

You stared down at Kyungsoo, two bottles of banana milk in your hands and your hair framing your face.  

Kyungsoo scrambled into a sitting position, hastily straightening out his blazer and patting down his hair. You sat next to him and crossed your legs. You held out one of the bottles in your hand towards Kyungsoo with a small smile.

Kyungsoo’s eyes shifted down to the milky white bottle, then up to your face, then back down.

“Go on,” you shook the bottle slightly, “Take it. I bought it for you.”

Kyungsoo continued to stare at the small bottle with a blank face.

“Do you … not like banana milk?” you asked tentatively.

Kyungsoo blinked a few times before quickly shaking his head, “No, I like banana milk.”

He gave you a shy grin as he gingerly took the plastic bottle from your hands.

“Good,” you nodded as you stuck the small straw into your own bottle, “I was beginning to think that you were a little weird if you didn’t.”

“That’s too bad,” he mumbled as he turned the bottle around in his hands, “I already am weird.”

“I don’t think so,” you shook your head and took a sip of milk, “Sure you’ve been acting a little different over the past couple of days, but you’re definitely not weird.”

Kyungsoo gazed at you with wide eyes, awestruck by the simplicity of your thoughts.

Noticing the boy sitting next to you had suddenly gone quiet, you turned towards Kyungsoo and jerk back a little when you find him staring quite deeply at you.  

“What? Do I have something on my face?” you asked, slowly wiping under your bottom lip for any liquid that fail to make it from your straw to your mouth.

“Oh, no,” Kyungsoo shook his head and focused his attention to his untouched bottle of banana milk, quickly sticking the straw through the foil as the back of his neck suddenly got warm, “You’re fine.” 

You eyed Kyungsoo curiously as he drank the milk, emptying half of the bottle with one sip. The corners of your lips tugged into a smile when Kyungsoo took a shy glance your way before jerking his head forward with he caught your gaze.

“What was with punching Sehun?” you asked abruptly as you placed bottle next to you, “I never really took you as a violent person.”

Kyungsoo bit his bottom lip and let out a sigh. He’d seen this coming from the moment his eyes connected with yours.

“You really want to know?” he tried to keep the groan out of his voice.  

“Yeah.”

“The complete truth?”

You nodded.

Kyungsoo on his teeth as he placed the now empty bottle next to his feet.

“Just as a warning,” he said softly, “after I tell you the truth, you’ll never be able to leave my life and I, yours.”

You reached over and took his hand, noticing how it was much warmer than you had expected.

“I understand,” you gave him a reassuring nod.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and laced his fingers through yours, a lopsided grin forming on his lips when he noticed the way your cheeks almost instantly colored.

“Well,” he started, “you know how there a full moon a few nights ago?”