Dozen Seconds

Dozen Seconds

                Sehun has just finished his training with the other eleven guardian. It's his daily training that he must do like everyday. But today he felt really exhausted from training. Blocking fire with some wind really consume much energy. After he finished changing his outfit, he sat on one of the chair in the changing room. When suddenly..

                “Sehun, I’ll give you five minutes. To come to my room, start from… now!”

                Sehun ‘s face fell  when he heard that telepathic code. It means, he must run. He sat up then bowed to his seniors and immediately ran from the west side of the castle to the east side of the castle. He even almost trip on his way.

                “Two minutes more, ice klutz”

                Sehun stopped for a second and straighten his body on the wall to take a breath. He just realized that he just passed half way to the east building and he decided to run again. On his track, he bumped to several people. Like, Jongin. The other guardian that older only month than him. Sometimes, Sehun envied Jongin because he serves Princess Soojung, that was calm and cold. Or maybe his second in command leader, Kris.  Princess Jessica always treats him like she really needs him. If he could, maybe Sehun would want to envy all of his hyung.

                “YOU’RE SPAZZING OUT! One minutes left!”

                “!” He cursed.

                 He was the only one who tends to guard Princess Jinri. The one, who can control the time. It’s not like Sehun envied his Princess, no. Heck. He can bend air himself. He would be more pleased to envy Zitao that can control time better, in other meaning, use it for better reason. Not like his princess who loves to make him run from west to east or from south to north and vice versa.

                “Well, thirty second left, poker face”

                Sehun stopped cursing and started to pray so he won’t be late to come over her princess room. Just a dozen steps and he arrived in front of a white polished wooden door. He knocked it for couple times and opened it. In front of him, the princess was sitting on her sofa with one leg crossing another one.

                “Fifteen seconds late. Not bad. At least you’re faster than Yesterday. So, What’s your punishment today?” Princess Jinri said as she tapped her chin.

                Sehun face palmed himself. Because he knew that punishment means Jinri could do anything to him, from dress-crossing until colouring his hair into rainbow like now.  Yes, his hair is a ‘masterpiece’ that Princess Jinri do. Even the other eleven guardians loved to tease Sehun by pretending eating his hair. After all, it makes Jinri happy. That’s why Sehun is so persistent to guard Jinri and never crossed his mind to quit from guarding Jinri. Because, he likes it. No, scratch the like. He loves it, and Jinri knew.

                “Princess.. how abo-“

                “Jinri. How many times I asked you to call me Jinri, or maybe ssul like the other princess do?” Jinri protested.

                Sehun gulped but answer anyways, “Yes, Prin- I mean Jinri”

                Jinri smiled and she knew that Sehun liked it. She knew that inside Sehun was happy because his princess allowed him to call her nickname. Jinri knew that Sehun loves him. But, Sehun never knew that even she plays with his time, She gives him dozen seconds . He never knew that Jinri, not only could send telepathic to him, but also read his mind. And least but not last. The Guardian never knew that his Princess loves him back.