1-Prologue

The Opposite [EDITING]

"YoungAe-ah! YoungAe!"

She remembered, remembered all those fun moments with them...

Memories.

Thoughts.

Dreams.

...

Bull.

Those are all bull, no matter how hard she convinces herself, she just can't. No matter how hard she tries to come up close to him, she just can't. She's afraid of him, she doesn't know what to do when he's near. She stiffens, her breath; hitching, her skin; turning cold, getting goosebumps... And having the thought of him as the spawn of the devil. But what's funny was the fact that he was once her friend, her bestfriend, her... first love.


 

A knock on the door could be heard that interuppted her trace of thoughts, the door opened and let the light from outside enter the dimmed room, "Princess, dinner is ready, the Queen awaits you." one of the maids in the palace said, "Yes, Haera, I understand, you are dismissed." the said princess replied back with a soft, gentle voice that lingers on your ear with a smile - a fake one.

She descended the stairs gracefully. With every step she takes and every flick of her heels - it echoed through the whole room. Her feet walking steadily as she roam through the empty corridors of her headquarters. "You called me, mother?" She said as she arrived at the table where the Queen, King and two other male were sitting, and then she recognized them or specifically 'someone' .... 'NO! NO! It can't be! It must not be him!' She gaped at the both of them and hurriedly went back up but even before she could reach the top, one of the gentlemen stood up and called out to her, "YoungAe!"

It was melodious. His voice was melodious to hear. She missed this, she had missed those times where he could repeatedly call her name without worries. 

She stopped in her tracks and took a deep breath, "YoungAe, where are you going?" the man asked, "Away from you, Luhan."

It broke him.


 

"What?" he was in disbelief, "You heard me, Luhan. Away from you. I want you out of the palace." she said without looking back to him. "YoungAe, what is wro-"

"I'm sorry, your highness but I don't feel well." with that, she left. The King looked at her daughter ascending the stairs with disbelief. Luhan on the other hand exchanged looks with the other young man with a crestfallen face. He excused himself and left the dining area. The other followed him with his worried gaze and excused himself too and went out to the palace's garden and found Luhan sitting on the grass. He watched him for a moment without saying a word but Luhan knew that his brother followed him out, "Why is it like this? Why does it feel the same as it was in the past? Why does it still feel heavy? Why am I rejected again? Why is it you again? Why does it have to be you, Sehun?"

Silence.

After his statement comes silence.

"It is the start of a new war, Sehun. Prepare yourself."