My Guardian Angel (krisho)

Oh Leader, Oh Leader {CLOSED}

Request made by: blackpearl2205

Genre: Angst, aristocrat!AU

Rating: PG-13

Warning: Character death...I guess

 

 

In a perfect world, beauty would be everlasting.

Love would live forever, and everyone would have a happy ending.

Everyone would be content and no one would ever feel sadness.

But we don't live in a perfect world.

 

~~~

 

"Yifan, do you believe in God?"

Joonmyeon touched his crucifix. The silver was cool around his neck as he stared out his balcony. His butler halted.

"Why would you ask that, Young Master?" he asked carefully.

The petite male rose to touch the silk curtain around the entrance. His pale skin shone in the moonlight, accentuating the man's prominent cheekbones and the long eyelashes that brushed against them.

"Just curious, that's all."

Wind blew into the spacious bedroom and Yifan immediately draped a thick shawl around Joonmyeon.

"I'll close the balcony door-"

"No," the younger ordered, "I want to feel the stars."

"But-"

"Fan, please," he smiled, "I know my limits. I'm not a porcelin doll, you know."

Yifan bit his tongue and bowed in agreement.

To him, Joonmyeon wasn't a porcelin doll-he was a glass doll. With a single tap, he could shatter and this beautiful man could disappear. His rosy cheeks and lips, silky raven locks, pale skin, and soft, yet lean body would all be gone. It was his job to ensure that it wouldn't happen and it had been his duty since he was a young boy, since he first met Joonmyeon.

The Young Master smiled wider as he leaned against the stone railing.

"I can see the garden from here, Fan," he hummed, "The carnations look absolutely stunning. I hope they look just as beautiful at my funeral."

"Young Master! Don't say such things!"

"Oh, my dear, why should I not? I'll die soon, won't I? I'm at peace with myself and with the world. I feel no fear. Merely satisfication."

Yifan sighed and his hand through his blonde hair. He strode to the other and stood behind him-a comforting presence. A frown marred his statuesque face as he touched the pill bottle in his pocket, a sorrowful reminder of the short life his master would lead.

Joonmyeon started to cough violently and he covered his mouth with a handkerchief. When he finally stopped, the handkerchief was covered in dark blood. Yifan disposed of it silently.

"You'll outlive me by far, but please, don't forget about me," Joonmyeon said quietly as he wrapping his arms around the butler, "I want to live in your memories."

"Joonmyeon...I refuse to stay on this Earth if you are not on it." Yifan responded softly, hugging his secret lover close to him.

The younger merely smiled and buried himself into Yifan's chest.

"If I live through this, let's get married. Let's adopt a son and a daughter. Then we'll continue to live in this estate until we're old and tired." Joonmyeon murmurred.

Yifan didn't answer, but his rumbling chuckles proved his agreement and the Young Master drifted to sleep happily.

 

~~~

 

"I can't allow this anymore!" Luhan shouted, "This has gone on long enough!"

The Archangel of Death's eyes glowed a menacing black as his voice rang across Heaven's halls. His brothers restrained him as the second eldest tried to lung at the Archangel of Beauty.

"Please, Luhan! Give him more time! Please!" Kristoph begged on his knees, gold wings outstretched and in their full glory.

Zitao touched his shoulder in sympathy.

"Brother...It is past his time. Kim Joonmyeon must die now, or there will be consequences." the Archangel of Life said somberly.

"No! Please, Zitao, is there anything I can do to prolong his life? I'll sacrifice anything!" he sobbed.

Suddenly, the palace shook, signalling the entrance of the Highest of All Angels, the Archangel of Balance.

Minseok took his place between Zitao and Luhan, and touched his sceptor to Kristoph's heart.

"Are you willing to sacrifice everything, then?" he asked, voice quiet but clear.

There wasn't a moment of hesitation.

"Yes. I'll sacrifice everything."

Luhan's eyes grew wide as the eldest nodded to his brother's pledge.

"Minseok, you can't be serious! Kristoph, don't you dare do this to us! You have a dut-"

"Quiet, brother. This is his choice." Minseok ordered.

The sceptor started to form into a long spear made of light. Its rays were painful as they singed the Archangel's pure white robes.

"Kristoph," Zitao whispered, as if in pain, "Do you truly love this mortal? Enough to give up your Heavenly duties? Enough to betray God?"

A laugh spilled out of his mouth, surprising all of the angels-all but Minseok, who merely smiled.

"How can I be loyal to our Father when I let one of his most precious creations die?"

Kristoph nodded at his eldest brother and Minseok ed his spear forward. Heaven shook with thunder as the Archangel's painful screams echoed throughout it.

"A life for a life." Luhan said sorrowfully as he joined hands with Zitao.

They spread their fingers to ready the portal to Hell. There was a sudden beam of light and Kristoph disappeared. In his place was a pile of bloody gold feathers. The Guardians of Life and Death stared at it in shock.

"What just happened?!"

Minseok touched a feather gently, his own glass wings shimmering.

"Father has decided his children's fate."

 

~~~

 

"Where is he? Where is Yifan?!" Joonmyeon asked frantically, eyes full of worry.

This morning, he had woken up in a cold bed with a single note by his side.

'Don't worry about me. I love you.'

Yifan was nowhere to be found and no one had seen him leave, even the guards.

"What if something happened to him? What if-oh God, please let him be okay!" he sobbed.

The aristocrat was curled up against the wall, clutching at his crucifix. Suddenly, there was a flash of light and Yifan was lying in front of him in a white button up and jeans. He was unconcious and two long blood stains rang down his back. Joonmyeon immediately ran to him.

"Jongdae! Kyungsoo! I need help!" he screamed for the two servants.

Yifan's eyes fluttered open to look at his lover's face. Tears of joy welled in Joonmyeon's eyes as he hugged Yifan.

"Y-Young Master?" he coughed, voice raspy.

"Where have you been, Yifan? How-What happened?" the younger questioned, "You know what? It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you're back."

The butler chuckled as he kissed Joonmyeon.

"I'll never leave again."

 

~~~

 

A man stood in the garden with a wise smile on his lips. Minseok stood next to him in his human form. A glass orb was in his hands and the Archangel looked carefully at the fracture in it.

"Father, the pact must be finished. If Joonmyeon lives, one must die." he said.

The other plucked a carnation off of the bush and crushed it in his palms. The petals erupted into fire. Minseok's glass orb knit itself back together and the fracture dissapated.

"A life for a life," the man said quietly, touching the Archangel's shoulder, "Give this to them. It's a wedding present."

When he disappeared in a flash of light, Minseok smiled. In his hand was a small velvet box.

 

~~~

 

Yifan winced as Joonmyeon gently dabbed at his wounds.

"Do I want to know what happened?" he asked quietly.

The elder laughed before shaking his head.

"I'll tell you one day."

There was a tap on their door and Jongdae walked in with a package.

"Yifan-hyung, someone told me to give this to you. He said that it was from your father and brother." he said, handing the small box to the butler.

Jongdae quickly left, closing the door behind him, and Joonmyeon strode to rest his head on Yifan's broad chest.

"You never tell me about your family. I didn't even know you had a brother." he muttered, opening the box.

Two exquisite gold rings were inside. A small diamond cross was imbedded into each one.

"Oh, my..." Joonmyeon gasped, "They're beautiful."

His lover kissed his head fondly as he took one and slid it onto Joonmyeon's left ring finger.

"I love you." the mortal whispered, his smile even brighter than the diamond.

"I love you more."

 

~~~

 

Later, in bed, the two would be curled up against each other, matching rings glistening in the soft moonlight.

"I never did answer your question," Yifan said as he combed his fingers through the younger's hair, "I do believe in God."

Joonmyeon raised his eyebrows in surprise, and a soft chuckle spilled out of his lips.

"Why an answer all of the sudden?" he asked.

"I was just thinking about how grateful I am that the Father created you." Yifan sighed happily.

"You're so random!" Joonmyeon laughed, hitting the other lightly, "But that's what makes you Yifan, I guess."

"Joonmyeon..."

The elder hesitated.

"My real name is Kristoph. Not Yifan."

His lover stilled, then shrugged.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet," he hummed, "I love you no matter what your name is. It just means that I'll call you differently."

Kristoph grinned before taking Joonmyeon back into his arms. No words were needed as they drifted off peacefully.

 

~~~

 

"How much did you give them?"

Minseok looked at his younger brother from his perch on the tree. His clear wings shone like the stars as he stood slowly.

"A lifetime. No less. No more. They'll share it and die at the same moment." he said.

Luhan sighed, brushing his white bangs aside.

"You're too soft, Minseok," the Archangel muttered, "I thought the Archangel of Balance was supposed to be unbiased."

"My brother, I believe that even I can make an exception for love."

 

~~~

 

In a perfect world, beauty would be everlasting.

Love would live forever, and everyone would have a happy ending.

Everyone would be content.

No one would ever feel sadness.

But we don't live in a perfect world.

 

Maybe that's why we treasure life so much.

Beauty is ephemeral, and love only lasts so long.

Satisfaction is near impossible.

No one can escape sadness.

But in our minds, imperfection is so much better than perfection.