Phobia (sukai)

Oh Leader, Oh Leader {CLOSED}

Request made by: exo96liner

Genre: angst(?)

Rating: PG

 

 

Joonmyeon hummed softly as he packed his bags. A knock sounded on his door and the leader looked up to see a tanned man.

"Hey Jongin," he smiled, "What brings you here?"

The younger fidgeted for a second before coughing.

"Hyung, can I stay with you for tonight?" he asked quietly.

Joonmyeon's eyes widened in surprise, but he nodded.

"Is something wrong?" he murmurred, ushering Jongin in, "You seem troubled."

"I'm scared, hyung," the dancer sighed, sitting down on the bed, "We're going to China tomorrow."

"Yes, we are. That never bothered you before."

Jongin held the leader's shoulders and sat him down, looking at him earnestly.

"We're riding an airplane tomorrow."

"Jongin, what's the matter? You've never been scared of heights or anything."

"Hyung, you don't get it!" he said, frustrated, "We're going to the airport tomorrow. Fans will be there. Not just regular, benevolent fans. Saesang fans will be there, waiting to jostle us, touch us, rip our clothing, take a lock of our hair, I don't know! We're all getting hurt tomorrow, like we always are. You are going to get hurt, hyung. Someone's going to injure you and I can't do a damn thing about it because I'm a stupid kpop star that isn't allowed to get mad at his fans, no matter what they do. That's what I'm afraid of!"

Jongin buried his head in his hands tiredly. Joonmyeon just stared at him, unable to say anything. He touched his group member softly.

"Jon-no. Kai, you're right. We're celebrities. It's basically expected of us to be attacked by the crazier of our fans. But we still have to smile and act like it's alright. It's frustrating and absolutely ridiculous, but we still have to go through it. Because even if that happens to us, we're still EXO and we still love to sing and to dance," he smiled, "It's the small con in contrast to all of the pros of being in the music industry. And don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

Joonmyeon lifted Jongin's face and grinned at him.

"I'm Suho, your guardian. If I want to guard you, I need to be safe myself, right?" he laughed.

Jongin's eyes were watery.

"Hyung. You're awesome, you know that?" he laughed through his tears, "Even when being in EXO gets tiring, you always manage to remind me why I'm 'Kai'. Thank you."

The elder coughed, blushing, and grinned back at Jongin.

"No problem. Remember, I'm EXO's guardian."

 

~

 

Later that night, Joonmyeon laid down for bed next to the sleeping Jongin. He smiled at the other's calm expression and lightly caressed his cheek.

"Good night." he whispered, turning off the lights.

He closed his eyes and smiled even wider as he felt strong arms encircle him and a soft voice murmur in his ear.

"Hyung, I'll be your guardian."