A life quickly lost

A Minute Too Late

"NO! PLEASE STOP!!!" I yelled at the person in front of me, but they didn't.

It's not like he could. Even if I wanted him to. It's not like he could see me standing there, grasping onto my head, yelling at him till I was blue in the face. It's not like he could feel me breaking into a million pieces right then and there as he grabbed a piece of rope and tied it to the light that hung from the cieling.

"DON'T DO THIS!!! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO END THIS WAY!!!" I cried even harder as if that would change fate.

I watched broken heartedly as he finished tying the rope securely on the light, giving it a tug to make sure it wouldn't unravel under his weight.

"Please someone." My voice cracked and I looked around hoping that someone or something could stop him.

I looked in vain though, since no one was around.

It wasn't like anyone could hear my screams anyway.

I watched broken heartedly as he went to the side of the kitchen grabbing a stool.

"PLEASE. STOP. PLEASE." I whimpered trying to grab the stool from his hands, but my hands just went right through it.

He placed the stool under the now hanging rope, and for a second he just stood there looking between the stool and the rope.

"Please don't do this. You have to live." I cried even more.

"You have to live. I'm already gone. Please."

He gave a sigh, placing one foot ontop of the stool. Placing his hand on his knee, he stood up, his other foot coming to a rest next to his other. He looked up at the rope, then to the ceiling,

"Don't worry, I'll be there soon." He muttered a small smile coming to his face.

"NO!! PLEASE!!!"

It was kinda funny in a way. All I could do was stand here and watch him kill himself and do nothing about it. All I could do was say please, and don't over and over again, and the sadest part is that he couldn't even hear me say it.

Because I was already gone.

I watched broken heartedly as he put his hands on the rope, tugging it before tilting his head, slipping the noose around his neck.

I willed myself not to watch, but my body wouldn't move, my eyes boar straight ahead, watching.

He looked back up to the ceiling,

"I'm coming."

I watched broken heartedly as he closed his eyes, taking a step forward.

"NO!!!"

The sound of someone sufficating is something that cannot be explained. I watched in horror, as the man, the man I once loved, was dying right before my eyes, and I couldn't do anything about it. I watched as his body struggled, his arms and legs frailing out, and the whimpers of breathes that came out of his mouth as his body began to loose air was killing me slowly.

"PLEASE STOP!!" I yelled going up to him and banging on him.

I threw punches, kicks, anything to stop this nightmare, but it all just went right through him.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"YES, PLEASE. PLEASE."

"Hey Jong In? You in there?"

The bangs became louder.

"DO SOMETHING!!!" I willed the person to push through the door, kick it down, I didn't care as long as this just stopped.

"Jong In? You alright?"

I shook my head watching as the body hanging in front of me was quickly loosing their life.

"JONG IN! I'M COMING IN!" The person yelled and I could here them banging their body against the door.

Please.

Over and over the person threw their body against the door, and all I could do was look at the body in front of me. Finally, I heard the door break open and I watched as the person ran in,

"Jong In? OMG KAI!!!" The person screamed noticing the now lifeless hanging body.

Running past me, the person looked around the kitchen for a knife and upon spotting one, quickly grabbed it running back to the hanging young man. The person tried their best, lifting the boy with their body and cutting the rope. After what seemed like forever the rope snapped, and the lifeless body fell down along with the person holding it. The person quickly unraveled the rope from his neck, and I watched as he did CPR.

Press, press, press.

Breath, breath.

Press, press, press.

And all I could do was watch.

I cried, I cried with all my might as the lifeless body that laid on the floor, stood abnormally still. I knew, I knew it was too late. Oh how I wished it wasn't but knew, knew that it was.

I cried so hard, that all I could see the the blearing of my vision. And suddenly I felt something cool touch my cheek. I wiped my hand across my face and looked up shocked to see the familiar person.

"Jon-Jong In?"

I watched as the person in front of me smiled, seeming so full of life as if they hadn't just taken their own life.

"How could you?" I cried hitting him in the chest.

He just grabbed my arm, bringing me against his body. He wrapped his arms around me, making small circles with his finger on the small of my back. He brought his lips right by my ear and said the last thing I ever wanted to here.

"I did it for you."

I shoved him away and watched as the person in front of me, just stood there looking at me. He took a step towards me, but all I could do was take a step back.

"Now we can be together."

I shook my head from side to side.

"You idiot. YOU IDIOT. NOW WE CAN NEVER BE TOGETHER!!" I cried and all he did was blink.

"Why? We're together right now."

I couldn't look at him,

"You killed yourself, Jong In."

He looked at me,

"So?"

I couldn't believe this.

"Jong In. I died, in an accident, three years ago. You, you commited suicide."

He tried to take another step towards me, but I dodged him.

"So, what does it matter?"

I felt my heart shrink with every word he said,

"You had a life Kai. You had so much going for you."

He quickly got angry,

"I don't care. I'd rather be dead then live another day without you."

I could only shake my head and after a second I looked up at him, my gaze hard.

"Well now you'll have an eternity without me."

He looked at me, confused before they showed up. I watched broken heartedly as each one grab each side of Kai,

"Yah! What the hell is this?"

A person popped to his side,

"Tuesday, Jan. 23. 4:36pm, Kim Jong In commited suicide. For his actions he will be granted with no luxuries."

"What? What does that mean."

The person only looked at him,

"That means that I'll be seeing you in hell Mr. Kim."

I watched broken heartedly as they all disappeared and I was left standing there, having to watch the person continuing CPR on the long gone body lying on the floor.

I looked at the young man lying on the floor and all I could do was think,

A minute.

Just a minute too late.