An Invitation to Progress

Too Good to be True [HIATUS]

A/N: All this fluff is making me die >< guys you have no idea, this couple will be the death of me!!!! 

Aside from that, enjoy :D


 

The students piled into the laboratory, as class was about to start in a few moments. Minseok revised his notes from the day before since the teacher said it would be relevant in today’s practical. He looked up just in time to see Luhan making his way over, smiling and waving at him.

 

“Good Morning Minseokkie,” he greeted cheerfully. Luhan then slapped a hand on his mouth from the nickname that slipped out. “Oh sorry, is it…okay if I call you that?” Luhan blushed profusely as he asked. ‘How adorable’ Minseok thought. He smiled back sheepishly.

 

“Morning Luhan, and it’s fine,” he chuckled. Luhan giggled nervously and proceeded to take out his notes. The teacher made his way over to the front desk and started writing up the instructions for the practical they were doing today.

 

“Alright class, so today we’re going to be doing a dissection,” the teacher announced. Minseok felt a drop in his stomach. He had an extreme love for science however the one thing he could never grasp was dissection of anything.

 

3rd Year Middle School

Minseok fainted at the sight of the aqueous humour that leaked out of the bull’s eye.

 

1st Year High School

Minseok stared at the mushed up sheep’s brain before running to the bin, puking his lunch.

 

2nd Year High School

Minseok managed to stay strong for the whole frog dissection, only puking after class has ended.

 

“Minseokkie…Minseokkie,” Luhan softly called, bringing his attention back to class. Minseok looked at Luhan and saw concern in his eyes. “Are you okay? You’re very pale,” the Chinese boy stated.

 

The other shook his head and laughed nervously. “Y-yeah I’m just…nervous is all…not particularly g-good with dissection out of all t-things,” he stuttered. Minseok felt a soft hand on top of his own.

 

“It’s okay, we’ll get through it…I’ll help you,” Luhan smiled. Minseok felt a smile creep on his face as well.

 

“You better, you’re my lab partner,” he joked. Luhan chuckled and punched him playfully in the shoulder. After the teacher finished his instructions for the experiment, Minseok nervously twiddled his thumbs. The frog from the year before was bad enough, he couldn’t believe that they were going to dissect a rat this time.

 

“Are you still having cold feet?” Luhan asked quietly. Both of them watched as the teacher gave each pair a plastic bag containing the defrosted lab rat.

 

“Uhmm… not as bad as last year that’s for sure…my goal is to not throw up at all,” Minseok breathed out as he saw the teacher getting closer and closer.

 

“If you want, I can do the whole thing while you scribe?” Luhan offered. Minseok shook his head.

 

“No no, I should do this for myself…I’ll be fine,” he said giving Luhan a grin. The Korean let out a squeak as he saw the rat placed in front of him.

 

“Okay well let’s get started,” Luhan said as he got the equipment ready.

 

Minseok gulped. “Mhmm… let’s get it done and over with,” he whimpered. Once the equipment ready and gloves were on hands, Luhan ripped the plastic bag open as though it was a bag of chips. Minseok watched as he saw the other boy spreading the limbs of the rat. He flinched each time, Luhan stabbed one of the rat’s limbs into the dissection board.

 

“Alright so the rat is secure, I’ll start making the incision now, okay?” Luhan looked at Minseok for approval. The other weakly nodded clutching his clipboard to his chest.

“Mhmm you go ahead…gutter that thing…I’m just…going to…uh…be here,” Minseok whimpered. Luhan chuckled. The Chinese boy took the tweezers and pulled on the rat’s fur, taking the scissors in the other hand. Minseok winced each time Luhan snipped away the rat’s layer of fur. He slapped himself in the cheek and psyched himself up.

 

‘C’mon Minseok, you can do this,’ he told himself. As the lesson progressed Minseok was able to withstand the rest of the dissection, mainly trying to focus more on writing down notes than the dead rat on the table.

 

“Alright, well I think we’ve gotten everything,” Luhan said as he set down the utensils.

 

Minseok nodded and skimmed through his notes to make sure everything was taken down. “Yup, I think that’s it,” he confirmed. ‘Oh my god…I finally did it…I survived’ Minseok cheered in his head. Luhan giggled. “What’s so funny?” Minseok asked, looking up with a small frown.

 

“This is the first time in biology that you didn’t faint nor vomit from the dissection,” Luhan stated. Minseok’s eyes widened.

 

“How…did you…know?” Minseok asked in surprise. Luhan put his hand to his mouth.

 

“Uhmm…a little birdy told me,” Luhan said sheepishly before disposing the rat into the ‘special’ dissection bin. Minseok cursed inwardly.

 

“I bet it was Jongdae,” he murmured to himself angrily. Minseok reminded himself to confront his friend later. “Oh Luhan how about you copy the notes and I’ll clean up,” he offered.

 

Luhan smiled and nodded. “Okay,”

 

As the class came to an end, their teacher reminded them about their research project that was due in a couple of weeks. “Minseok,” Luhan called. Minseok gave a small hum in return. The Chinese boy gripped his bag strap a little tighter. “Uhmm I was just thinking…maybe if you could come over this after noon to my place to work on the project,” Luhan managed.

Minseok blinked. “U-uhmm yeah sure… sounds good,” he agreed nervously. Luhan smiled back brightly.

 

“Great! Meet me in front of the school entrance when school’s finished,” Luhan instructed. “I’ll see you later,” he said before they separated. Minseok felt a blush creep on his cheeks.

 

“Oh dear god I’m going to his house today,” Minseok mumbled with wide eyes.

 

 

 

“WHAT!?”

 

Minseok winced as his eardrums popped from the sheer volume from his friend’s voice. “I thought you would’ve known,” Minseok said. Baekhyun stared at him with wide eyes.

 

“No! Oh my god I don’t always know everything Minseok,” Baekhyun breathed out. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell me this earlier!” he exclaimed. Minseok sighed.

 

“It only just happened recently,” defended Minseok. “Plus you were always too busy with Chanyeol for me to even tell you,” he continued. Chanyeol made a peace sign at the sound of his name.

 

“There’s such things as mobile phones you know?” Baekhyun replied with sass. The elder rolled his eyes for the nth time that hour.

 

“It’s not that big of a deal you’re over reacting,” Minseok said nonchalantly before continuing to eat his lunch. Baekhyun whined.

 

“But it was my eyeliner…” Baekhyun whimpered. “Now where am I supposed to even get something just as good?” he asked. Chanyeol rubbed his boyfriend’s back comfortingly.

 

“It’s okay babe, maybe if you’re lucky you can find them online before they completely discontinue it,” he re-assured. Baekhyun sobbed into his arms. Jongdae and Joonmyeon made their way over after 10 minutes of waiting in line to buy their food.

 

“Jesus ing Christ that line took ages,” Jongdae complained as he sat down. He looked at the sobbing Baekhyun and pointed at him. “What’s wrong with him?” he asked.

 

“His favourite kind of eyeliner got discontinued two days ago,” Chanyeol replied. Jongdae raised a brow at the sobbing boy before making a move on his lunch. Joonmyeon sighed and patted Baekhyun’s back briefly.

 

“Anyways, so how’s everyone’s day so far?” Joonmyeon asked nicely. Minseok shrugged.

 

“Hmm nothing much, I managed to not faint in biology today,” the elder mentioned.

 

“Congrats,” Jongdae said with a mouthful of food. Joonmyeon slapped his boyfriend’s cheek playfully.

 

“Oh and before I forget,” Minseok punched Jongdae in the shoulder. Jongdae cried out in pain and rubbed his shoulder.

 

“What the hell was that for?” Jongdae asked.

 

“I can’t believe you told Luhan about my adventures in biology whenever I had a dissection!” Minseok scolded.

 

“What makes you so sure that it was me who told him?” Jongdae asked sassily. Minseok gave him a knowing look.

 

“Who else could it be?” grunted Minseok.

 

“Mmm yeah I guess,” Jongdae confirmed nochalantly.

 

“Anything else?” Joonmyeon prodded. Minseok thought for a moment on whether if he should tell his friends that Luhan invited him to his house after school.

 

“Well…Luhan-”

 

“-Invited you to his house after school today?” Jongdae interrupted. Minseok looked at him with wide eyes while the other continued to eat his lunch as if he said nothing. Baekhyun instantly stopped sobbing and looked up with his eyeliner smudged from his tears.

 

“Is there anything you don’t know?” Minseok asked incredulously.

 

“Yes, like why did I take physics,” Jongdae replied.

 

“Woah wait! Luhan invited you to his house?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Didn’t you hear what I just sai-” Baekhyun shushed Jongdae with the wave of his hand.

 

“Shut up Jongdae, I didn’t ask you,” Baekhyun barked. Minseok gave the eyeliner smudged boy a look with slight fear, he had to admit that the boy kind of scary with his the rim of his eyes covered in black.

 

“Uhmm…yes?” Minseok confirmed quietly.

 

“Screw the eyeliner this is a bigger deal!” Baekhyun exclaimed. He didn’t realise he was standing up until Joonmyeon and Chanyeol tried to pull him down. “We need to figure out a game plan,” he stated.

 

Minseok looked at him weirdly. “W-wha…Baekhyun…it’s not a date, we’re going to be working on our project,” he replied.

 

“Psshh you’re both smart it wont take you long to finish the assignment,” Baekhyun waved. Minseok sighed and rolled his eyes. The others chuckled to themselves as Minseok mouthed ‘help’ as Baekhyun lectured him on ‘how to woo Xi Luhan’.

 

 

“So…any progress on lover boy?” Luhan let out a dreamy laugh, smiling brightly at his friend.

 

“A lot of progress actually…unlike you Yifan,” Luhan joked. Yifan poked the other’s side.

 

“Tell us the details,” Sehun demanded excitedly. Luhan chuckled.

 

“Well he’ll be coming over to my place after school so we can work on our project,” Luhan replied. Jongin let out a smirk.

 

“Will you actually be working on your biology project or on your biology project?” Jongin asked with a cheeky smile. The table burst into laughter.

 

“Baby steps Jongin!” Luhan exclaimed. “Plus I really like him, I don’t want to do anything that’ll scare him away,” he mumbled. Yixing laughed.

 

“Luhannie, Minseok has no reason to not like you, you’re beautiful, smart, have a nice body, musical,” Yixing listed.

 

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you like Luhan,” Yifan teased. Yixing gave him a glare.

 

“Point is…you’re the catch. And pretty sure he’s been admiring you since you transferred,” Yixing said confidently. Luhan hummed with a pout.

 

“I just don’t want to be too sure...I really like him,” Luhan murmured. Sehun squealed slightly.

 

“Nawwww Luhannie, you’re so smitten!” Sehun teased. Luhan whined and buried his face into his hands.

 

“I know!” Jongin laughed and patted Luhan’s back.

 

“Trust me toots, you’ll be all over each other sooner than you would expect,” Jongin stated. Luhan sighed.