PROLOGUE

Senpai, Don't Notice Me!

PROLOGUE


 

If Baekhyun was in a slightly better mood that day, he would just let this slide. But he was not. He didn’t only throw his nth alarm clock across the room by accident but his brand new phone that his uncle bought him for his birthday almost dangerously slipped off his hand. Byun Baekhyun was definitely not in the best mood to deal with Luhan’s right then.

Baekhyun ruffled his hand through his hair. He had been knocking on Luhan’s door for the past twenty minutes but the guy wouldn’t come out. He grew impatient. It was their first day of school. A very prestigious school, if he might add. Baekhyun and Luhan were lucky that they were able to attend the school. Baekhyun thought it was a bit unfair that he had to work his off for a scholarship yet Luhan, being the rich-as- and born-with-silver-spoon Luhan, only needed to whine to his daddy to pay his tuition fee. Luhan was blessed.

“Morning, Baekhyun!” Luhan’s annoying voice finally came into the scene.

Baekhyun tried his best to whack the older male’s head, who happened to be his older cousin by one year. The most he could do was to glare at the slightly taller half Chinese in annoyance.

“Did I take too long?” Luhan asked with a nervous giggle.

“What do you think?” Baekhyun replied with another question, adding a creepy smile on.

Luhan shuddered at the sight and rolled his eyes. “Well sorry, you know I cannot leave the house without at least putting my sunscreen and lip balm-“

Before Luhan could finish, he was cut off by a sassy reply. “Are you sure you are not gay?”

Luhan widened his eyes and gave Baekhyun a look. “You cannot judge men who take care of their skin! That’s not nice, Byun Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun heaved a sigh in defeat. “Fine, you jerk. Now we better get our off here because I don’t want to leave the bad impression on the teachers because-“

“Shut up and let’s just go,” Luhan grumbled and pulled Baekhyun out of the Lu’s residence.

Hopefully, today won’t be so bad.

 

Baekhyun thought God hadn’t heard his prayer. They were caught in a traffic jam for the whole fifteen minutes of not moving at all. And when the duo arrived, the welcoming ceremony had ended. If it was not bad enough, the school had four buildings and the clueless cousins ended up getting lost like little pups looking for their mama.

“This is your fault!” Baekhyun shouted helplessly to the older.

Luhan glared at the shorter male. “You can’t blame me! The traffic jam got us!”

“If only you didn’t take a whole ten minutes just to apply your sun block!”

“I cannot let the UV attack my skin!”

“I swear to god I will-“

Before Baekhyun managed to finish his sentence, an unfamiliar yet deep and y baritone voice interrupted the conversation. The two had to lift his head up a bit to be met with a handsome student who was probably as tall and as lanky as a pole. Luhan admired the height but Baekhyun grew even more annoyed.

“Uh, what are you guys doing in here? You two must be the first year students. The ceremony has ended already.”

“Well thank you Sherlock,” Baekhyun muttered.

The stranger was taken aback by his rude reply, despite them not knowing each other. Maybe trying to be nice and help the lost kids was not a good idea after all.

Luhan gave an apologetic smile towards the taller male. “I’m sorry on his behalf. Mind telling us where Class 1C is? We have been looking from the first floor until the third floor but we cannot find where the classes are.”

At time like this, Luhan was definitely far more mature than Byun Baekhyun.

“Oh, it’s because the first year classes are not in this building. It’s in Building A. And this is Building B, which is for the second years.”

Baekhyun’s head was lifted up as fast as a lightening to glare at his cousin. “I told you to go to the first building first!”

Luhan crossed his arms. “Well, first choice is too cliché so…”

The stranger awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he stared at the two, more like staring at the short sassy guy but it was not his point. “Are you two seriously arguing right now because class is starting in like five minutes?”

Both of them realized that they just wasted even more time to argue rather than look for help. Baekhyun mentally cursed at Luhan for influencing his stupidity sometimes.

“, gotta go now! Thanks and bye Sherlock!” Baekhyun half-heartedly thanked the stranger before dragging Luhan off by his wrist.

“It’s Park Chanyeol…” the stranger mumbled and sighed, turning around to head to his own class.

 


 

“Man, what took you so long? Teacher Kang was looking for you,” Sehun said and gave Chanyeol a bro punch on his arm.

Chanyeol shrugged nonchalantly as he took the seat next to the younger one. “I was helping some first year to go to the right class.”

Sehun snorted at his friend. “Stop being overly nice, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and gave Sehun a punch in return. “They look pitiful, I swear. Well, cute too,” he mumbled the last part but too bad, Sehun could hear it.

“Oh, are you interested? Finally, man. I thought either you were aual or you had been into me for the whole time but you were afraid to confess because I would clearly reject- no offense.”

Chanyeol glared at Sehun. It was another day of him and his friend who had a prince syndrome. The man was totally full of himself.

“Stop it before I throw up,” Chanyeol muttered.

Sehun was about to add another remark but Mr. Lee, their homeroom teacher for the year entered the room. Chanyeol had never felt so glad to see the bald and grumpy teacher in his whole life.

 

The next period was boring for Chanyeol. All he could think of was the first year student, who didn’t seem to talk much but when he did, his words were as spicy as his aunt’s kimchi. Chanyeol admitted that he had no one that interested him for the whole year in high school. All the girls were too easy. They would gladly give him their numbers, showered him with chocolate and even opened their legs for him.

Until one point that the girls gave up and came to conclusion that Park Chanyeol was gay. The rumor spread like wildfire and they suspected that Sehun was his boyfriend. Chanyeol had to cringe at that but at least they were not going to bother him anymore.

Chanyeol was not the type to mind about uality. Sometimes he thought that he was a hopeless romantic. Love is love, uality shouldn’t matter. It’s about who makes your heart go doki doki.

Chanyeol couldn’t say that the first year student make his hear race but the sassy diva he met earlier was definitely something.

Too bad I didn’t catch his name. Please don’t be awkward the next time we meet.

Chanyeol literally begged himself to spare his awkward . He was so not going to mess the chance of getting to know a potential boyfriend.

 

Or so he thought.

 


 

author's n o t e:

haha such a crappy prologue i'm sure you guys are not even interested to continue reading but heyya i'm back! please support this story by commenting. it will encourage me to write more. < 3 see you on the next chap!