Dear Readers

The Last Mistress

Hi, everyone.

 

I'm not sure where I should start and I don't even know if any of you still remember this story, still subscribed or bookmarked this story but just recently I got some times to dig into my writing folders and of course, I found this story and realized "wow, it's been a year & 6 months since I put up anything." That's...six months away to reach a grand two years and I'm not sure whether or not it still worth a continuation? I don't know, I doubt myself a lot. Then I started rereading everything and oh my God, I realized how kind-hearted and generous my readers are since you all have been putting up with this piece of super messy work for however long it is. Yes, The Last Mistress is a mess. A huge mess, in fact. It has such a weak female main character, the first male character is a typical jerk, the second male character is kind for no good reason and still won't get the female at last and everything is just a huge chunk of mess! The plot should have been shorter than it orginally was since there are many scenes that can be deleted and of course, grammar mistakes. I have no idea why I even first constructed such a story.

 

Now, I'm not here to criticize my own work or even complain on my own incapability but I just wanna share about a story of a writer that feels really close to me. Close meaning, I can relate to her situation. Only this time, I relate to her (yes, the author is a lady) from the perspective of a reader. She's a great writer from another fandom. I read most of her stories since all of them are well written and she got a few on-going chaptered stories. So as usual, I'm as a reader of her, subscribed and commented and supported her stories to the best that I can because I know how meaningful even a single comment from a reader is to a writer. But then she went for a very long hiatus due to her real life responsibilities and such, you know, same old obstacles as we writers all have--dealing with daily life and writing fanfics. And everybody was okay with it, we understood that she needed the rest and we just continued waiting for her updates once she's ready to be back. Yet it turned out when she's back, she wrote us a long Author Note of how she lost interest in the fandom she used to write about and that she will be changing the main pairing of the story to another pairing from another fandom. In general, as a reader, yes. I'm disappointed because 1) my favorite author is leaving the fandom, 2) I couldn't get to know the ending of her stories that I have been anticipating for so long. So yeah, I'm disappointed. Still I know, interest and inspiration aren't something that can be forced. I understand this because I'm a writer myself so I forgive her for that. What I can't accept is the way she wrote her Author Note. She was expressing it in anger and harsh words and for that, I think she's being rude to her dedicated readers. There are many types of reader. Silent reader, outspoken reader, beta reader, rude reader. Rude reader, how? One that would bash an author when she/he can't meet their own expectations that they put upon the stories they read. And these readers, bashed the author I said before. So in return, she wrote such a harsh note to announce her leaving the fandom and stopping to write that story. In that case, I feel even more disappointed of her because she only remembered those who gave her hates but not those who genuinely supported her. As a reader, it feels equally betraying and I don't like the feeling. Even for a bit.

 

That's the story I went through recently and seeing the way she reacted instantly reminds me of all of you. All of my readers. The Last Mistress is my most successful story compared to my other works in AFF. I love this story more than I can express in words. But I realize one thing from the story above is that the key to a successful story comes not only from the author but also the readers. The audience, who accept and support it. Seeing my favorite author saying such harsh words to her readers ( including me) gets me feeling extremely sorry to all of you. I have failed you all by not finishing this story. Yes, I promised to finish TLM no matter what but for how long? When will the day come? And can I post a new chapter continuing with the same messy plotline and poor characters development? I couldn't bear that. Not at all. Why? Because all these years, I have been receiving nothing but sweetest support from each of you. I know that I'm not as famous as other writers out there but I'm grateful. I'm thankful to each and everyone of you and even when I lost my driving force to continue this, please know that I'm still very much thankful to all the acceptance and love from my readers. And I know even as you read this, some of you might have felt disappointed to me since you guys are waiting for REAL UPDATE. Yet it turns out to be another long blabber from me but I insist. I need each of you to know I love and appreciate all of you. Not to mention that some of you still trying to reach me by sending me PM, posting on my wall, adding me as your friend, commenting on my stories and every other form of support that I truly grateful of. Thank you. So much.

 

Now as for this story, I have a plan to continue it. According to the original plot, it should finish by chapter 40 (counted by AFF) which are currently displayed until chapter 33. It means 7 chapters away from where I last left it but let me ask you this, do you want me to continue it as it is or do some editing? Like I said, this story is a huge mess. I'm currently doing a MAJOR editing which includes revising the characters development, changing some plots and correcting grammar mistakes. But if I put up the edited version, there will be changes to the story compared to now. So my question is, do you want to read the edited version? Or should I just continue as it is now? The main reason I see my story as something awful is because I refuse to give you all a half-cooked story. You all deserve the best so please give me your opinion. You can even give me idea. I'm okay with anything. Besides, I want to know how you have been doing as well. It's been such a long time and I miss everyone. I miss writing. I miss The Last Mistress. I miss being passionate about something. So please, do tell me what you think of this story so far, even if you can remember just a small part of it (because god knows this story is deadass so long).

 

Anyways with that said, I look forward to some feedbacks from the readers I miss dearly. Thanks again for always being here with me.

 

Yours truly,

~reddishDaisy_95