My Dear Child

DePiction

I wanted to ignore the stares I’m getting from people around me. But I just couldn’t. Its too much. They stared at me as if they have never seen someone with a child before. Yes, I know I’m slightly too young to have a child of my own but that doesn’t mean they can stare at me as if they want to bore holes on my back.

I pout slightly and just kept my eyes to the front, holding him close to me. “Don’t mind them. They just never seen a baby before,” I whispered to him. He chuckled cutely as if he understood what I said. I smiled at him and ruffled his soft hair.

I was just at the park, wanting to take a light stroll with my baby boy. Is that so wrong? The minute I stepped out of my house, I was already getting these stares from people. I don’t like it. But he wanted to go out. I would do anything for my child. No matter how people said I’m too young or I should have focused on my studies instead or any other negativity that doesn’t support me, I still love him to the moon and back. He’s my life. I never thought I would love him so much.

“Jaaa~ let’s sit here okay?” I said as I sat on a bench and sitting him on my lap. I played with his fingers, smiling to him as he grinned happily.

“Jaehee-ah.. You know appa loves you very much right?” I said. He’s too young to understand but he nodded for some reason. He blabbered some baby talk and I just responded to him the same way, entertaining him.

I feel the stares I still get from people as they passed me but I placed that concern way at the back of my mind and just focused on playing with my son. He’s the one that’s important to me, not these strangers.

What’s that? Where is the mother you say? Well she’s the one that gave birth to Jaehee but I never consider him as his mother. After my now ex-girlfriend got pregnant and blamed me for the whole of 9 months for it,  she gave birth to Jaehee, broke up with me and left him all to myself. Since I’m the one that told her to not abort it, she told me to raise Jaehee. She said something about wanting to be free but I don’t really care. She’s history now.

I made different funny faces to him and he laughed cutely, touching my face with his two little hands. I took his hands and played peek-a-boo with him by putting his hands over my eyes.

Suddenly I noticed someone on the next bench beside mine staring intently at me. I glanced over at the person, thinking that maybe he might be one of those people that just like to admire the bond between a father and son. But I was wrong. His look was full of judgement, looking me up and down. I had enough.

“Yah! Haven’t you seen a father playing with his son before?!” I shouted. My sudden loud voice scared Jaehee and he cried loudly.

“Shh shh.. Appa is so sorry.. Sorry Jaehee. I’m here I’m here..” I cooed softly, hugging him close to me and bouncing slightly, his back. I glared at the person who then quickly stood up and scurried away.

Whenever I hear Jaehee’s cries, I get so worried even though I know the reason. Its was all because of that one time he had a really high fever and cried non stop. I tried giving him milk when I was rushing him to the hospital but he didn’t want it. He just kept crying on and on.

 

Jaehee stopped crying after awhile and returned back to his normal self. I’m glad he didn’t cry for so long. I continued playing with him and I looked up at the skies for a moment.

It was getting dark but I didn’t want to go home just yet. He’s so happy being outside with all his smiles and cute chuckles here and there, I didn’t want to take it away. He’s happy being at home but I just feel that he’s happier outside.

 

No POV

Doojoon went around the neighbourhood looking for Yoseob. Where the hell is this kid…

Finally he remembered that Yoseob loves going to the park nearby and decided to check there. He jogged around the park looking for Yoseob before it gets dark. When he saw the boy that he’s been looking for, he sighed heavily. He walked towards the bench and Yoseob looked up.

“Oh Doojoon!” he smiled widely.

“Yoseob-ah.. What are you doing here..? Its getting dark,” Doojoon said.

“Jaehee wanted to go outside for awhile,” he grinned.

Doojoon sighed. “Let’s go home okay?”

Yoseob nodded smiling. “Jaehee, we go home now okay? We can come here another time,” he said.

He stood up and Doojoon asked, “Aren’t you hungry? I bought some bread from home.”

Yoseob chuckled. “Yeah kinda. I was so busy playing with Jaehee, I didn’t realised I haven’t eaten.”

“Can you carry him for me?” Yoseob said. Doojoon just nodded and took the baby doll from Yoseob like a real baby and passed him the plastic bag with the bread that he brought.

They started walking back home together.

“Your parents were worried sick, do you know that…” his bestfriend said, shaking his head looking at Yoseob eating hungrily.

“Its not my fault Jaehee wanted to play outside,” Yoseob pouted.

“Next time bring your handphone with you. At least we can reach you.”

Yoseob chuckled and nodded. “Arasso~”

He was so into eating the bread that he didn’t realised that Doojoon was just holding the baby doll he call his son by one hand.


 

I like to end my stories with questions for you to solve them yourself. But the answers are all there. Its whether you can see it or not kekeke^^

(Sorry its rather short but I don't want to spoil the fic by adding long unnecessary descriptions)