Leftovers

Leftovers

The sound of rapid button mashing filled the apartment along with various noises coming from the T.V. Daehyun and Kailani were battling it out on the Play Station 3 Console. Kailani looked laid back while Daehyun on the other hand looked like he was putting all his effort in to win a thumb war.

 

“Quit blocking!” Daehyun yelled from the floor, leaning his back against the couch to be more comfortable.

 

Kailani laughed, clearly happy that she was winning the match. “I’m not tell you, you might somehow beat me.” A snort left her nose. “Doubt it though.”

 

Daehyun let out a sarcastic laugh. “Hull.”

 

The button smashing continued until Kailani performed the final blow to Daehyun’s character, sending it flying across the screen in the game. Daehyun groaned and tossed his remoted behind his head, landing beside Kailani on the couch.

 

“Hey now, don’t take it out on the controller.”

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. “The camera angles were terrible.” He lied.

 

Kailani just continued laughing at him. “Not my fault you chose to play the Naruto game.” Daehyun continued to sulk in front of her. “You’re such a sore loser.” She said as she got up from the couch and ruffled his brown and blonde head of hair before heading into the kitchen.

 

As soon as Kailani stepped foot into the kitchen, the alarm above the stove went off, alarming her that the hot wings in the oven were ready to come out and be eaten. She smiled, turning the alarm off and slipping an oven mitt on her hand to retrieve the food.

 

“Daehyun, the food is ready. What do you want to drink?”

 

Finally Daehyun got up from the floor, realizing food was involved. He walked over to the dining table, peering into the kitchen. “Water will be fine.”

 

Kailani grabbed two plates, filling them up with hot wings. She carried the plates out and placed them on the table, one in front of Daehyun and the other where she would sit. Then she returned to the kitchen yet again.

 

“Do you need help?”

 

“No, I’ve got it.” She said just as she got two glasses out of the cupboard.

 

“Oh, okay...” He sounded uneasy, feeling bad that Kailani was doing all the work, but she said she was fine so Daehyun took his seat and waited for Kailani to return before he ate. But man was it hard to resist the food while it sat there in front of him, steam casually rising from the food and giving off the juicy aroma of chicken.

 

“Here you go.” Kailani’s voice snapped Daehyun out of his thoughts, causing him to straighten up in his chair.

 

“Ah, thank you.” He said, bowing his head as he took the glass of water from her, taking a gulp almost immediately before he placed it on the table.

 

The minute Kailani sat down, Daehyun dived into the juicy goodness. He snatched a hot wing off his plate and instantly cleaned the meat off the bone. Daehyun ate fast and by the time he was done, so was Kailani, and that was fast.

 

“You’re done already?” He asked, taking a sip from his water.

 

She shrugged. “Yeah.”

 

He looked to the plate and almost spit his water out and his eyes widened. “It looks like you only took one bit out of them!”

 

“Yup.” Daehyun continued staring over her leftovers, so tempted to snatch them off her plate and finish them off for himself. “If you want, you can have them.”

 

His eyes returned to her face, still wide. “Really?”

 

“Yeah I’m--” She didn’t even get a chance to finish her sentence before Daehyun had reached over and stolen her plate, dragging it in front of him. “...serious...” She shook her head just as Daehyun started finishing off her hot wings. Sighing, she propped her elbow on the wood table and watched Daehyun eat. “You know I’m not even sure why you’re dating me, you should just date the chicken.” She joked.

 

“Yeah but the chicken wouldn’t really stick around for long.” He said between bites, not looking up as he spoke.

 

Kailani rolled her eyes and placed her chin in her hand, not even noticing that the sauce from the hot wings remained on her fingers and were now on her cheek.

 

“Okay, now I’m done.” Daehyun said as he dropped the last bone on the plate and pushed it aside and looked to his girlfriend. However, as he looked to her, he started to laugh noticing her mistake.

 

“What?” She pulled her hand away from her face, sauce remaining on her cheek.

 

“You have a little...” He pointed to his right cheek where the sauce was on her right cheek. He chuckled when she wiped her left cheek. He shook his head. “Here, let me.”

 

Moving his chair towards her, he sat on the edge, cupping her face, he leaned in and pressed his plump lips on the small dab of sauce. He kissed the spot allowing the sauce to rub off onto his lips. He pulled away, dropping his hands from her face and his lips slowly. Slowly a smirk came over his lips.

 

“Even more delicious.” Kailani was frozen in her seat, a blush rising to her cheeks as she stared back at her devilish boyfriend. Daehyun chuckled and did a small hair flip looking back at her. “Do you need me to clean your fingers off too?” He reached a hand over, taking one of hers and folded her fingers over so only her index finger was pointing up. He pulled her hand towards his lips, unintentionally causing her finger to touch his lips. He waited for a reaction, but still nothing happened, so he helped himself. He parted his lips, and took her finger into his mouth and casually cleaned her finger off.

 

Finally life came back to Kailani. “No, not happening!” She jumped from her seat, pulling her hand from his.

 

Daehyun fell back in his chair, laughing so hard from her reaction. “I was only helping you out.” He teased as she collected the dishes and ran to the kitchen seeking shelter. “Hey I got an idea and it involves hot sauce.”


“Not happening!”