Prolouge

Suns In The Nighttime

"Who's your ideal type?" The emcee asked, curiosity filled his voice.

It was the dreaded question that all idols have been asked to answer. And now, Seventeen's Choi Hansol was asked the same thing.

"Ah, hahaha, I think uhmm..." He couldn't stop himself from acting ever so awkwardly, attracting the audience even more. Squeals from the fangirls are getting louder by the second.

"Maybe someone with wide eyes, nice lips, and a great jazzy singing voice." He scratched his neck while giving a forced smile. The other members were stifling their laughter. The audience’s oohs and aahs filled the studio.

“And he also wants a girl with nice legs.” Samuel, the youngest, butted in. All of the people in the studio were now laughing. Hansol laughs along with them, his ears turning red.

“So Hansol, can you like, give names?” The emcee asked once again.

“Names? Of what?” Hansol was lost.

“A celebrity that fits your ideal type. There should be someone.” The emcee smirked.

“Oh yes there is! It’s—“Samuel’s mouth was covered by Jisoo.

“Stop it you little brat.” Jisoo muttered.

“Well,” Hansol bit his lower lip. “I think I would have to say it’s Lee Ha Yi.”

“Lee Ha Yi?”

“Lee Hi. She’s a really great singer. The soloist from YG entertainment.” Hansol said while smiling, his ears turning a brighter shade of red. Some of the audience were laughing, some screaming with glee, some were screaming in jealousy, some were clapping like retarded seals.

“Okay, would you like to say a few words to Lee Hi before we move on?”

“No it’s fine, really.”

“No, you have to dude! It’s a one-time opportunity.” Jisoo elbowed him lightly.

“What do I say?” He said in a soft voice.

“Anything.” The emcee encouraged.

“Oh, okay.” He cleared his throat. “Uhmm, hi Ha Yi-ssi. I know that you don’t know me but I just want to let you know that you’re a really great singer and I love your work. I hope I can meet you in the future okay?”

The audience applauded and the other members gave assuring smiles. His best friend Jisoo patted him on the back.

“So, do you think you’d meet her soon?” The emcee asked another question.

“I think not. She doesn’t even know me.” He sighed, disappointment feigned in his tone.

“Maybe after today she will.” The host smiled.

“Okay moving on, Jisoo, it’s your turn, who—“The show continued. Hansol was positively feeling a million times better.

He went for the subtle confession.  Not much of a confession actually, but at least it got something off his chest.

Maybe he will meet Lee Hi one day. But he wants to meet Lee Ha Yi. The real girl behind all that glam.

He saw her for the first time when she performed her debut song at a music show, he instantly fell for her. There’s nothing deeper than what he feels. Just plain infatuation and interest. Like a fanboy. That’s it. A fanboy. A fanboy with a passion.

Though he hopes that there can be something more.

She has a boyfriend. Yeah, the youngest member of the group BAP. Junhong was his name.

But he hopes he can be friends at least. With her, a true star.

His infatuation, inspiration, ideal-type, muse, everything. He just wants to meet her. Be friends with her.

After all, hope is to cherish a desire with anticipation.