Her Apology

Junhong NAEKKOYA~!

26. Her Apology

 

"Let me g-" I sit up instantly and tried to catch my breathe. I rub my tired eyes and realize that I'm back in the room. I was dreaming about the man who had attacked me in the alleyway. I was so thankful to see the guys there, especially Junhong. My heart skipped a beat as his name crosses my mind.

I couldn't lie anymore. I can't lie to myself anymore. I like Junhong. Maybe even... Love? I shake my head. Impossible. I tried to steady my beating heart. I go out of the room and check everyone's room before going back to bed and snuggling into my covers. Then I realized that I wasn't wearing my pajamas. I checked the clock.

4:17 am, it read. I got up and trudged to my bathroom to brush my teeth and change into more comfortable clothes before slipping back into my covers. I reach for my phone and read all the messages and listen to all the voicemails that were left. Most of them came from Junhong or Youngjae. Immediately I felt guilty.

I was glad to have exchanged numbers with the guys before cause then now I could send them a text. Even though it was early morning, I knew one text wouldn't wake those guys up so I proceeded to type a message to them, my fingers professionally sliding across the keyboard.

'I'm fine guys. Thanks for all your worries and concerns ^^ thank you also for being there for me in that... alleyway... I owe you all a lot!'

I smiled and put down my phone before snuggling deeper into my covers. I jump in fright when my phone vibrates on the table. I check my phone and immediately sit up when I see who the text was from. My heart pounded as I opened it.

'Are you really okay?'

For some reason, my instincts told me to call him, so I did. When he picks up, I realize what I just did and felt my face turn red.

"Kyuyeon? Are you okay?" Junhong's gentle voice said. I sighed in bliss, closing my eyes and taking in his voice. It was calming to me.

"Junhong... I'm really thankful that you were there," I whispered. There was silence between us for awhile before Junhong eventually answers.

"You're welcome. Get some rest okay? I'll come by and visit tomorrow. I think we all are. Everyone was worried about you."

I bite my lip. The guilt began to spread throughout my body.

"I'm sorry," I muttered. I heard a soft chuckling from the other end.

"What are you sorry for?"

"For worrying you all. For acting immaturely and running off..."

"Kyuyeon. It wasn't your fault. Now go to sleep okay?"

I felt slightly better but the guilt still hadn't gone away. I sigh.

"Alright, promise me you'll come here tomorrow," I said.

"I promise," I smiled at his response.

"Good night Junhong."

"Good night Kyuyeon... S-sweet dreams!"

xx

The next day, I wake up in the afternoon. My parents give me a hug and I talk to them about what happened, leaving nothing out. Jin was watching his cartoons in the living room.

''Do you want us to call her parents?'' My mother asks. I shake my head and laugh.

''Umma, I'm not in elementary school anymore. It's okay I can handle it,'' I told her. She looks at me with worried eyes so I shoot her a smile.

''Alright well, your appa, me, and Jin are going to the mall today. Want to come?'' She then asks.

''No, I plan to make cookies for the boys,'' I told her. She smiles and exits the room. I start with my cookies. I made sure to decorate them too, putting their names on each cookie. When they are all cooked, I grab a plate and then gently wrap it. My parents were gone by now so I had to lock the doors when I exited my house. I walked over to Youngjae's and knocked. Youngjae opens it with a toothbrush in his mouth. He smiles a tooth-pastery smile and nods his head inside. I laugh at him and close the door before putting the plate on the kitchen table.

''What time are the boys coming?'' I yelled through the house. It wasn't long before I heard Youngjae shout back.

''They should be here soon!''

I sat down on the kitchen table.

''Where's Junhong!'' I shouted.

''Right here,'' I heard a voice behind me and I immediate stood up from the chair.

''Yah! You scared me!'' I yelled at him and gave him a light punch in the shoulder. He smiles and just laughs. I shake my head.

Ding doooong.

''Ah, that must be them,'' I quietly exit the room.

Ding dong. ding dong. ding dong.

''Yah! Kim Himchan, if you don't pull your finger away from the doorbell, I will kick you where the sun won't shine so brightly!'' I yelled and opened the door to find Daehyun, Jongup, and Yongguk laughing. Himchan's face was pale and his finger hovered above the doorbell.

''Glad to see our Kyuyeonnie is back!'' Yongguk says before giving me a hug. I chuckled and hugged the rest, even Himchan, who still looked pale. I patted his back and he laughs. Youngjae comes down the stairs then and I ushered all of them into the kitchen. I make them sit down and clear my throat.

''Hey guys. I just wanted to... say sorry about what happened yesterday. I caused so much problems for you all. I'm sorry for being such a bother. I shouldn't have let her get to me. I'm really thankful though that you guys came for me,'' I said. They all gave me gentle smiles that could probably melt my heart but only one did. And that smile belonged to none other than Junhong.

''Kyuyeon, there is no reason for you to be sorry,'' Youngjae says and I hear the others agreeing. I shrugged, still feeling guilty about everything.

''I made you all cookies,'' I picked up the plate, threw off the cover, and started to hand them their cooking. It all had a design of a bunny in it. I made the bunnies have masks over their faces to suit the boys' manly stature. Himchan's was pink, Yongguk's was red, Daehyun's was white, Youngjae was yellow, Jongup was green and last but not least, Junhong's. It was blue. They all gasped and looked at the cookies. Daehyun was about to put his into his mouth when Himchan yelled at him.

''Selca time!'' He shouts and takes out his phone. I put my hand out signaling for him to give me the phone.

''No no no, you're with us,'' Himchan says. I gape at him.

''But... I... you..''

''Sh! Come here!'' We all crowded around each other. Himchan outstretched his hand while the other held out the cookie and we all smiled before he took a picture.

''Yongguk hyung could you help me with something upstairs,'' Jongup asks. We ignore him and kept talking to each other. I see Daehyun's hand sneaking to get Youngjae's cookie and Youngjae slaps his hand away so Daehyun makes Himchan his next target. I smile at Junhong who smiles back and silently munches on his cookie.

''Sure,'' Yongguk replies and they both leave the room. We didn't notice though. Youngjae's half-eaten cookie suddenly drops on the floor and all chaos breaks loose. Daehyun kneels down beside the cookie and outstretches his hands to the sky and Himchan grabs Youngjae in a chokehold while Junhong and I laugh.

xx POV Change to Jongup xx

''Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!''

''YOUNGJAE YOU FOOL HOW DARE YOU DROP KYUYEON'S COOKIE!''

''HYUNG YOU'RE CHOKING ME!''

I stopped in the stairway causing Yongguk to stop as well. We hear Kyuyeon and Zelo laugh and ignore the commotion going on in the kitchen.

''What do you need help with?'' Yongguk asks me. I smirk at him.

''We gotta get those two together,'' I tell him and he smirks back at me.

''You got a plan?''

''Yes, but I'm going to need everyone's help. In order to do that, we have to separate Kyuyeon from the guys.'' Yongguk scratches his chin in thought. Separating Kyuyeon from the others will be hard, considering how she's always practically with us. Yongguk suddenly snaps their fingers.

''Groceries!'' I looked at him weirdly.

''Groceries?''

''Oh yes, blessed groceries!'' Yongguk laughs and walks off. I stare into space, wondering what he meant by groceries before following him into othe kitchen.


A/N: Writer's block can die lol. Been busy lately with school and basketball guys so sorry if my chapters aren't even that great. I'm not at all too satisfied with this story because I like didn't even plan the events LOL I'm such a bad writer OTL but I hope you enjoyed it and we are nearing the end :) Thank you to all supporters!