지켜줄게

난 인간을 사랑한다.

He kept staring at me. I tried to look away, but I felt like I was drowning in his eyes. 

"Luhan, you can go sit in the seat back there next to 지민." the teacher said pointing at the table where I was sitting. I looked beside me to actually see an empty desk next to me. Crap...I thought. He walked pass the other students and sat down. How did he cover up his scent? I would have known if he was here in this school....I thought. 

"Now remember we're having our M.T tomorrow. This time we're going camping at the forest for three days and two nights." the teacher said. We all bowed to her and she left making the class noisey again. 

"Are you really..." I tried to ask.

"지민아...You like my new form?" he said while touching his white hair. "아~ It's been so long turning into a human. The last time I turned into a human was 200 years ago." 

"Why did you come to school though?" I asked.

"Remember I imprinted on you? Now I have to stick next to you and protect you." 

I laughed. "Werewolf boy. Do you know what I am? I'm the legendary 구미호. I think I can protect myself." 

"I know. But the main reason I'm here is to make you mine. It seem like you like humans more. Kris is it? You seem to think about him alot." he said. "You say his name over and over again in your sleep...."

Before I could say anything else, the bell rang for second period. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door feeling flustered and angry. While walking down the hall, I noticed Luhan following me like a shadow. Trying to get away from him, I made a sharp turn around the corner and bumped into someone. 

"아...." I said rubbing my head. Before I looked up to see who I bumped into, I could smell his sweet scent. 

I looked up. "헉....Kris..I'm so sorry..." I said embarassed. 

"It's alright." 

"Are you su..." I got cut off by the feeling of Luhan's arms wrapped around my waist. With a tight grip he held onto me hard. 

"Hey watch where you're going." Luhan said glaring at Kris. For a second, I heard his soft growl, but it quickly died down after I nudged him hard. 

"Who are you?" Kris asked while looking at Luhan hold my waist. 

"I'm 지민's boyfriend." Luhan said as if he was boasting. 

"Wait what?!" surprised, I took Luhan's arms off my waist. 

"Kris. He isn't my boyfriend. He's just a guy I know." I gave Luhan a glare with my red 구미호 eyes. Quickly changing back to my hazel brown eyes, I looked at Kris again. 

"Well see you in class." Kris said and left. 

All the students left for second period, but we're the only two that were in the halls. I looked around one more time and saw no one around. I turned and looked at Luhan. My eyes changed back to blood red and nine of my tails popped out. I started to growl at him. 

"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?!" My hands were balled up in fists, ready to strike him. 

"Because I don't want Kris to take you away from me!" Luhan said. I looked at Luhan. The face he had right now reminded me of the face when I first met him. Sad and frightened. My anger started to fade, making me change back. 

I grabbed for my book bag off the ground and walked up the stairs leaving Luhan behind.

 

~~~~~~ 

I told you that she's a 구미호..Just look at that......

We need to kill her. 

~~~~~~

"지민아!" Luhan called. I didn't mind him and continued to unlock the chain on my bike. 

"Hey. Are you going to that M.T tomorrow?" 

"Maybe...." I said. I got on my bike and rode out of school. 

"Wait up!" Luhan started to run beside me. I continued to ride my bike ignoring him. 

While riding, my heart started to beat. He's here. I pedaled faster to see Kris walking home. Just looking at him made my day better. His scent made me forget about all the bad things that ever happened and his voice would make my heart melt.

"Hey watch out!" Luhan sprinted in front of my bike and blocked it from hitting the pole. 

"Ugh..." Luhan winced. I opened my eyes to see Luhan holding onto me while the bike smooshed up against his stomach. 

"Luhan... Are you okay?" I got off the bike and pushed the bike off of him.

"Yeah..." 

"You just had to help me.." I said feeling bad for him now. 

"어이..아가씨..Can you come here with your friend?"  Looking up a few feet away, two young looking guys that seemed to be out of college called. 

"Who are you?" I asked feeling suspicous about the two. 

"Crap..." Luhan said. "Don't go to them...Damn it...How did they found you..." 

"What are you talking about?" I said scared. 

"Run.." Luhan lifted up my bike and started running towards the woods. I followed behind him making it to my cave in less then two minutes. 

He placed my bike near the entry and sat down on a seat having his hands cover his face.

"What's wrong? Who are those people?" I asked.

"They're after you...But I thought I hid you well.." he murmured. 

"Luhan...Just tell me. Why are they after me?" I was getting anxious.

"They're hunters." he said.

"Oh...Why can't we just kill them.." I said relieved. 

"They're not any hunters. They been around for 600 years looking for creatures like us. Our wolf pack tried killing them, but they wiped out half of our people... Now they're after you."

"Why?" I got anxious again. 

"You hold something important to them.." he pointed to my chest. "They need your fox bead to be stronger and live longer. Many hunters have died of old age, so they need your bead to live and keep wiping out all the legendary creatures like us." 

I held my chest feeling the warmth of the bead inside of me. 

"But what did you mean by hiding me well?" 

"They were looking for you  ever since the day I met you. That's why I purpposely met you in the woods. I knew you were a 구미호...I even imprinted on you not only because you are the love of my life but because I needed to protect you. So before you fled to the woods, I placed a marking on you so your scent won't be noticable." 

He came up to me and lifted my shirt up gently.

"What are you doing?!" I said surprised. He placed his hand on my stomach, lending off warmth on that one spot. 

"Look." I looked on my stomach to see a small faded wolf marking tattooed on my skin. 

"Wh-at... is th-is..." I stuttered shocked to see this on my stomach... 

"This was the wolf marking I placed on you before you left. This mark hid your scent of being a 구미호 and made you smell like a regular wolf. But as you can see, the mark is fading fast...."

"Can't you make it again?" 

"Sadly I can only make it once..." 

Biting my nails, I paced back and forth across the room think of ways to get rid of the hunters... I stopped and looked at Luhan thinking as well. So that's why you were looking after me. To help me....I thought...And I treated you horribly... I walked up behind him, and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"Sorry..." I said. His head leaned back abit and he started to rub my arm with his hand. I could smell his strong wolf scent that he's been hiding at school.

"I will protect you..Don't worry." he said.