Jealousy

Jealousy

Kyungsoo isn’t one to care. He’s usually the quiet one, the one who observes but he rather not talk about it. In other words, he’s a wallflower. It was after a radio show, when they all came back to the dorm, feeling tired and beat after countless of promotions and radio shows they had to attend. Normally, Kai would crawl up behind Kyungsoo, touching his waist subtly that would send a tingly feeling throughout his entire body but today, he doesn’t.

Kai went straight to his room, removing his clothes before entering the bathroom together with Sehun and Tao to take a quick shower before he heads on to bed. Kyungsoo thinks that it’s weird. After the radio show, Kai hasn’t been talking to him much. Even during the show, Kai was pretty quiet halfway through it.

Kyungsoo brushes it off, thinking perhaps Kai was tired and all he needs is his rest. But Kyungsoo was wrong. He began to hang out with Sehun and Tao a lot more than usual. He wasn’t hanging around Kyungsoo, playing with him, exchanging glances before breaking into a huge smile that reaches his eyes.

Kyungsoo finds himself alone these days. He likes being alone but it does gets a little lonely.

Kyungsoo woke up to find the dorm empty. The other members decided to head out on their rest day. Baekhyung and Chanyeol deciding to visit the games store. Sehun and Luhan getting their long awaited bubble. Tao and Kris went out to exercise and the rest are just somewhere doing their own stuff.

Kyungsoo looks to his right to see Kai sleeping soundly. He walks over to Kai, looking down at his sleeping face. Kyungsoo loves it. He loves how Kai was able to look so sharp and alert on stage but yet let his guard down when he’s asleep. His hand reaches out to brush the stray fringe on his cheek. Kai’s hair was getting a little long.

Kai stirred in his sleep, opening his eyes, startled to see Kyungsoo standing in front of him .

“Hyung. What are you doing?”

Kyungsoo was taken aback by the harshness in Kai’s voice.

“I-uh, you were sleeping.” Kyungsoo knows he should just said nothing and walk off, but his leg and mouth doesn’t seem to be doing what his brain is telling them to do. “Why did you ignore me for the past week? Is hanging out with Sehun and Tao way better now? Don’t you want me anymore?”

Kai stares at his hyung who is usually a man of few words. He doesn’t just confront the situation but instead avoids it, pretending that it doesn’t exist.

“Kyungsoo hyung, I-where’s Suho hyung? Shouldn’t you be with him?”

Kyungsoo shoots Kai a confused look. “Why Su-ah, the radio show. Just because I chose Suho hyung as the person I will date?”

Kai looks away, feeling a little embarrassed that he’s jealous over such a simple statement which hardly means anything. “You should have chosen me hyung, you should have.”

Kyungsoo went over, crawling onto Kai’s bed. He grabs his cheeks, pinching it.

“I don’t usually say things like this but Kim Jongin, I can choose everyone in EXO to date but really, I don’t want anyone but you. I love you.”

Kyungsoo leans in, kissing Kai who’s cheeks were flushed by the time Kyungsoo moves away, heading to the living room, trying to compose himself. And maybe he was just a little bit embarrassed.

Kai’s hand touches his lips, where Kyungsoo’s lips were just about a minute ago. He smiled to himself, shouting for Kyungsoo who was in the living room.

“Hyung!”

…”What?” Kyungsoo’s head popped back into the room that they shared.

“I love you too and you know, you can choose every single one in EXO to date but remember that you’ll always be mine.” 

Kyungsoo’s mouth curved upwards, giving Kai one of his biggest smile, nodding his head before disappearing back to the living room once again just in case he explodes right in front of Kai.

Kai lies back onto his pillow. “Maybe being jealous once in a while seems like a pretty good idea too.”

a/n: hahahaha oops. I don’t know. A jealous Kai seems really y.