His Wish

His Wish

Those shining brown orbs still shine like it always do. Her long wavy hair, waved as the wind blows. Her pearly white teeth are her biggest charm. It can light up a whole city.  Her smooth fluffy skin that beamed by the ray of sun. Even her back facing to me, I could recognize her through her sitting posture.

She, a friend I really love. A friend I love more than just a friend.

Lee Hae Won. I’m back.

 

    I leaned by the big oak tree beside the garden. Watching her sitting calmly on a bench. She was reading some magazine. I bet she is reading some idols magazine. She always does that back in the days. I approached her carefully without making a sound. I stand behind her, eyeing what magazine she read. Aha! Just like what I guessed. It is her oppas magazine. I wonder what so great about her oppa beside having a good body. I don’t know what other specialties. They just got decent voice plus annoying rapping. I don’t see anything. I really want to told her that, but, it her oppa, the person she likes, we should never question them.

    Suddenly a dry leaf landed on her hair. I forward my hand to pick up the leaf.

    My hand went through the leaf. I tried it to grab the leaf. But I can’t feel it.

    Now I remember. My place was no longer belonged here.

    I’m not a human.

    I’m just a lingering soul.

    I blow the leaf away from her hair. It stuck on her hair strand, so I blow it harder.

    “Why the air suddenly become more chilly? But today is really sunny.” Haewon feel her neck. Her spine also vibrates to the suddenly cool air. She rubbed her both arm. “What if…” Her eyes dilated to her thought. “It couldn’t be a…” she stopped and packed all her things into her backpack, hurriedly left the place.

    “Haewon! Wait!” Kyungsoo shouted at her. As usual, people don’t hear his shouting.

    Haewon walk without wasting time. She just wanted to leave that place faster. Then, she bumped into a man.

    “Hey, what making you rush?” Minhyuk looked down on the stumbled on the ground Haewon.

    “Minhyukkkkk!!!” Haewon jumped on him and hugged him tightly. “Why are you late? I’m scared sitting alone thereee.” Haewon sobs on his chest. Minhyuk was confused but he just rubbed her back to calm her down.

    “Why? I’m sorry. I got to do some task from teacher. I’m sorry.” He kissed Haewon on the forehead getting a small smile from her. “Okay let’s go to other place okay? Tell me everything there.” Minhyuk draped his arm and dragged her to a café nearby.

    “So, you already got another person huh?” Kyungsoo’s smile already turned bitter long ago. He disappeared into thin air.

 


 

    Haewon sat on her bed after had a dinner.  Cheerfully replying messages from Minhyuk. Kyungsoo sat on her study table watching her silently. He decided to show himself in front her. But he afraid, she might shock to death. He fumbled his finger. Is she gonna be okay?

    He jumped down from the table. Slowly turning his body into more solid form.

    She doesn’t realize it until she turned her head to him.

    “Hi!” Kyungsoo says with a big smile.

    Haewon eyes stop blinking.

    “Kyu-kyung-soo.. what are you do-doing he-re?” Her body start to trembled horribly until she forgot how to move her hand. “Why a-are y-you h-heree?”. She gulped in her saliva. Her heart is pounding out an erratic drumbeat. She started seeing black spot in her eyes. The black spot gradually covered her vision until she can’t see and her body became weak. She blackout and faint.

    “Just like what I predicted.” Kyungsoo sighed and sat beside her on the bed.

    After it seems hours, Haewon finally regained her conscious. She blinked her eyes a couple of times and stared at the ceiling. She was afraid to turn her head to see whether Kyungsoo is still there. She collected all her brave cell and turned her head. He is not there.

    She shoots her body up from the bed. Looking every corner where Kyungsoo might be there.

    She saw her book open wide on her table. She came near to it and pick up the books. He wrote something in there.

 

"Dear Haewon,

This might be shocking to you (it was and you fainted), but I came back with no harm intention. I came back because I just want to see you. I miss you. Please don’t faint. If you already feel better tell me. I will appear in front you.

-Kyungsoo."

 

    Haewon lowered the book to her lap. She pursed her lips. She thinks. Is she ready to see her already dead friend? She gripped the book, thinking hard.

    “Okay Kyungsoo. I’m ready.” Haewon muttered feeling slightly hesitant.

    Suddenly, many grey orbs appeared and it combined and slowly became Kyungsoo.

    “Hi?” this time Kyungsoo became more careful. “No! Don’t faint!” Kyungsoo became worried looking from her expression. “It’s me. Don’t worry.” He showed his usual smile. “Can I sit there?” he pointed on the space on the bed and she nodded.

    Haewon doen’t speak. She just looked at him. His eyes. His smile. His lips. Is this a dream?

    “Kyungsoo, am I dreaming?” she finally managed to speak.

    “No. you’re not dreaming.” was his assured reply.

    “How you managed to come here? at there was not nice?”

    “I tried to stay there, but I can’t. I can’t rest there peacefully. There’s a wish that I still don’t fulfilled yet.” Kyungsoo explain passionately.

    “What is it?” Haewon asked curious.

    “Secret.  Heh” Kyungsoo grinned.

    Suddenly Haewon’s phone beeped alerting a new message. She quickly picked up her phone and open the message.

    “Who?” Kyungsoo tried to peek the screen.

    “My boyfriend~” She blushed.

    A pang of jealousy hit right on his ghostly (hah idk lol) heart. He tried to stay fixed to his current expression but he can’t.

 


 

    He followed Haewon for already a month. He always follow everywhere except to bathroom or toilet or any private place that man can go because Haewon once say if he ignore the rules, she is going to call a shaman and he is going to trap forever in a bottle and float forever on the sea. Even when they are dating, Kyungsoo sometimes follow them quietly. He makes himself become invisible to Haewon and tease Minhyuk every time he can. Sometimes putting bugs in his shirt. Blows to his ears. Hides his things. Sometimes he gets caught and get nagged a lot with Haewon. But he is a ghost he can do whatever he wants.

    They are dating in the park. Lay some mat and have a packed food from home. Kyungsoo only sat beside them, watching the two love birds being lovey dovey. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes annoyed.

    “Open your mouth aa~~” Minhyuk holding a piece of kimbab ready to put into Haewon’s mouth. Haewon being a nice girlfriend readily open wide (this sounds so wrong).

    Now it Haewon turns to feed Minhyuk a kimbab. Kyungsoo suddenly got an idea.

    “Now, prepare! A flying kimbab going to land into your mouth!” Haewon making an airplane sound and move the kimbab like she is playing a toy airplane. Before the kimbab go into Minhyuk’s mouth.

    “OUCH!” The kimbab fell on Minhyuk’s shirt, slightly stain the fabric. “Omo! I’m sorry! I think there an ant just bite me. I don’t think a lot and just throw away the kimbab I’m sorry…” Haewon hurriedly find a napkin to wipe the stain. “I’m sorry...” she said as she wipes his shirt.

    “It’s okay, just an oil stain. It’s okay.” Minhyuk grabbed her hand to stop her from wiping his shirt.

    “Really?” Haewon looked at Minhyuk worried.

    “It’s okay, just a mere stain.” Minhyuk gave an assuring smile and ruffled her hair. “Come here.” Minhyuk pulled her into a hug. “My girlfriend is a nice person. I’m lucky to have you.” He said as he pecked a kiss on her temple.

    Kyungsoo become heated after he saw Haewon being kissed. That is the things he wanted to do the most to Haewon. Kissing his own friend is his wish. The wish that made him came back to this world. The wish he doesn’t get it fulfilled.

    He eyed them with his big angry eyes. “Consider yourself lucky because you kissed her just on her temple, if you kissed her on , In front of me, someone going to lose his mouth when I ripped them from your face”

    After that, he decided to leave them before anything could become worse.

    He went to his house.

    He eyed his house. Still the same. The furniture arrangement doesn’t change since he left this world. He went to his bedroom. His mother already cleaned his room. He went to his closet. He pulled out the drawer.

    Empty.

    “I bet mother already throw all them away.” He said as he pushed back the drawer. He pulled another one. This one is not empty. Only a piece of red sweater.  He smiles. “This is the one mother gave me for my birthday.” Hand sewn sweater that his mother personally made it for him.

    “WHO’S THAT?” it his mother voice. Kyungsoo quickly made him invisible. Maybe the noise from drawer made his mother come into the room. She looked around before noticed the opened drawer. She want to push it but she stopped after saw the red sweater.

    “Kyungsoo, are you here?” Kyungsoo eyes dilated. How come his mother knows? “If you come here because you worry about me, its okay I’m fine. I live really well you don’t have to worry. I let you go long time ago so you can live there happy.” She said almost tearing.

    “Mom wanted me to live there happy, yet I came here back. But mom I miss you.” Kyungsoo hugged his mother. “I miss you mother.” He said again.

    “I miss you too, Kyungsoo…” he gasped after hearing his mother. Can his mother hear his voice? He wanted to show himself in front his mother. But he thought. He shouldn’t appear in front of them. It would make his mother worried and because of that, she can’t enjoys her days living in the world thinking her dead son.

    “I love you.” He said as he planted a kiss on her cheeks before disappeared into thin air.

 


 

    He went back to Haewon apartment.

    But.

    Haewon and Minhyuk were there. He saw them hugging.

    And Minhyuk going to kiss her.

    In the mouth.

    Kyungsoo turned into his solid form. “NO!” He shouted almost in satanic voice and launched at Minhyuk.

   “Kyungsoo!” Haewon screamed.

    Minhyuk’s body flew and crashed to the wall. A small crack appeared on the wall. Minhyuk fell on the floor  unconscious.

    Haewon ran to Minhyuk. “Minhyuk! Minhyuk! Wake up!” she hugged him to her body. “Minhyuk!” she turned her head to Kyungsoo.

    Kyungsoo’s whole eyes already covered with black almost there is no white left. His chest heaved heavily. Angry.

    “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!!!” Haewon screamed to him.

    “No one could kiss you before me.” He curved his lips into an evil smirk.

    “WHAT?!” Haewon face distorted confused.

    “I LOVE YOU HAEWON! I LOVE YOU! I ALWAYS LOVE YOU!” He bellowed. “I come back here to live with you! We could build a happy family!”

    “NO YOU CAN’T! WE ARE IN DIFFERENT PART OF WORLD! WE CAN’T BE TOGETHER!”

    “WE COULD TRY. WE COULD, TRUST ME.” He clasped his hand together with her hand.

    “Kyungsoo, even though it is possible, maybe we don’t live happy together. There is something we can’t do together. And my life wouldn’t be normal after that. I just want to live with my beloved person like the way other normal couple could do. Like a normal person. But not with you.” She caresses his soft cheek. “If you love me, please go back to your place. The place that belongs to you.”

    Kyungsoo eyes blackness disappear and turn into normal human eyes. He looked down on the floor. He doesn’t see his feet. That’s the truth. He is ghost. Ghost can’t be with human. Human is paired with human. That the world law. If he doesn’t follow it, something bad will happen. Just like she said.

    He doesn’t want to see her sad. Even he managed to live with her.

    “Haewon, can you do me a favor?” he said looking into her eyes.

    “Yes?”

    “Can I kiss you? That is my last wish. After that, I will leave from here.”

     Haewon was reluctant. It was her friend. Her dead friend.

    “I know you will feel awkward. But instead you kiss me. I will make it like you kiss Minhyuk, but still kissing me.” Haewon eyebrows scrunched into confusion.

    “What did you mean?”

    Kyungsoo burst into white orbs and it went to Minhyuk’s body.

    Suddenly, Minhyuk’s eyes fluttered open.

    “Minhyuk?” Haewon carefully approached Minhyuk’s body. She helped Minhyuk to stand. “Are you okay?”

    “Yeah, I’m okay” it was not Minhyuk’s voice. It was Kyungsoo’s. “Don’t worry about my body…” Minhyuk’s(Kyungsoo) hand went to her cheeks. He slowly leaned closer and shyly pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was uncertain. But he become more encouraged after Haewon kissed him back. It was a slow and gentle kiss.

    Haewon was guilty. She is kissing other man but she is still kissing his boyfriend (idk wht I wrote about). It was Minhyuk’s body with Kyungsoo’s soul. But it was her first kiss. First kiss from both important people she loves so much. A friend and her boyfriend. This is like killing two birds in one stone, she thought as she deepened the kiss. Getting gasp from Minhyuk (Kyungsoo) as his eyes widened to the sudden kiss.

    Haewon’s arms come up around Kyungsoo back, one hand cupping his strong neck and pushing him closer. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo one hand went to her nape and the other hand went trailing along her back, massaging her back to smoothen the muscle.

    The stiff Kyungsoo before,  let his body soften under her embrace. Kyungsoo then parted to let her in his mouth, invited her to explore his wet cavern, emitting a tiny moan from each other as her tongue slide its way in.

     His hands cups Haewon’s face and changed his angle, inviting her further into his mouth and arched his tongue deep into . He wanted to remember how ing amazing they way their tongue tangled and the sound that she made from made him pressing her against the cracked wall. 

    Whether this is Minhyuk or Kyungsoo are long ago forgotten by Haewon. She just wanted to enjoy this kiss as much she can. She pulled him tighter, hand sloppily gripping his hair, finger raking along his scalp.

    Kyungsoo placing a feathery kiss on her upper lips, then the lower. His mouth found a way down to her jaw and leaving trail of kisses on her neck.

    “I love you…” he whispered in Haewon’s ear with raspy breathing and strangled voice. “The kiss was amazing. Thank you” Kyungsoo said as he place his final kiss on her forehead.

    Minhyuk’s body fell limbless on the floor. It a sign Kyungsoo already left his body.

    His wish is fulfilled.