True Intentions

True Intentions

Hyuna smiled to herself seeing the hot news that came up today. She may appear nice and sweet to everyone around her but what’s going on in her mind, no one actually knows. One of her member called for her and she left her laptop, with the news opened.

           

“Goo Hara and Lee Haneul spotted going shopping together in Japan. Are they dating?”

 

Junhyung just stared at the the headlines of the supposedly ‘hot’ news that day. She has her own life now. She can do whatever she wants, he told himself. He closed the news tab and went back to his work, finishing up the new song that he and the Beast leader had recorded. He thought it was rather unlucky of him to see that headline the first thing he opened his browser.

Junhyung went out of the studio for awhile to buy himself a can of coke or maybe if he’s willing to wait, a cup of Iced Americano. Just as he was about to walked down the stairs, another person was walking up. She looked up and he glanced at her just to see who it was. Both of them looked away and walked passed as if they didn’t see each other.

After seeing Hyuna at the stairs for a fraction of a second, his mind went back to the time when his close friend told him something. Something he didn’t expect. For others it might be obvious. But not for him.

 

“Junhyung-ah, can I talk to you for awhile?”

“Oh? Yeah sure. What’s up Seung?” The two talked outside the dance practice room, somewhere at the corner where no one can really hear what they say.

“Do you like Hyuna?” Hyunseung asked seriously.

“Me? Yeah I do. Why?” Junhyung replied casually.

“As what? A friend? A sister? Or more than that?”

Junhyung frowned at the persistency of Hyunseung’s questions but he still answered it. “As a friend of course. But you know how’s Hyuna like. Maybe as a little sister?”

Hyunseung sighed and his expression turned slightly angry. “Look, if you like her just as a friend, then treat her like a friend. Don’t treat her like she meant something special to you.”

“Hyunseung-ah, why are you being like this?” he asked back.

“You don’t know or you’re just pretending not to know?” Hyunseung said, anger all over his face.

“Huh?”

“Hyuna likes you. Okay? She like you more than a friend or a brother. And she’s having hopes because she thought you like her too. Because you treat her special. What is wrong with you?” Hyunseung raised his voice slightly.

“I.. I didn’t know. How do you know this? Are you sure?” Junhyung confirmed.

“Yes. I heard from Hyuna herself. If it makes you feel any better, I confessed to her okay? You know how much I like her. Heck, every guy does. And yet she chose you. And you just like her as a friend?? Okay fine I don’t mind being rejected if she’s happy with you. But you don’t even like her the way she likes you! You’re giving her false hopes. Stop. That.”

Hyunseung was never angry. Especially not to Junhyung. He likes the way Junhyung talks and being all swag and almost have talents in everything. He looks up to Junhyung. But when the girl he likes is about to get hurt, he just have to say it.

 

“Erm, Junhyung-ssi? Your Iced Americano is ready.”

Junhyung snapped back to reality and thanked the barista as he took his order. After that deathly talk with Hyunseung, Junhyung was thinking twice whether or not to tell s that he was dating Hara. He chose not to but when the news came out and he had to reveal to the public, Hyunseung was the one that he couldn’t face. The others were all giving him advice and teasing him here and there about being the only one dating and how crushed his fans will be but Hyunseung just stayed in his room or went out alone.

 

Hyuna was the first one that came to his mind when the news about Junhyung dating was revealed. How is she? Is she okay? He just wanted to make sure she’s okay even though she had already told him she just see him a a big brother. As expected, when he came over to see her, she cried to him. He comforted her, told her that Junhyung was not worth crying over and told her that he’s always there for her. What she said to him caught him off guard.

“No oppa. I’m sure Junhyung oppa has his reasons. Maybe he’s forced to this? You know maybe he just pitied her because she was in a difficult situation. Maybe he.. he mistaken symphathy for love?”

Hyunseung was just speechless. What was he supposed to say?

Hyuna wiped her tears with the back of her hand. “I can’t give up oppa. I know Junhyung oppa likes me too. I just know it! All his actions just speaks for itself. Actions speaks louder than words right oppa?”

Hyunseung sighed and just nodded, not willing to dampened her spirits. All he can do now is to tell Junhyung to stop being nice to Hyuna so he won’t give her false hopes.

 

Junhyung didn’t think what he was doing was that wrong. He had teased and joked around with many other girls. They didn’t misunderstood his actions. He continued treating Hyuna the same way because he’s afraid that Hyuna might think he’s treating her differently just because he has a girlfriend.

But everything stopped when Hyunseung told him off again. He told him straight to the face to stop giving Hyuna false hopes. Stop talking or laughing with her as if she meant something more to him. As a fellow member and a close friend, he listened to Hyunseung. Maybe its for the better. Slowly, he distanced himself from Hyuna. And distance is what happnened to his friendship with Hyunseung too.

 

Everything went well- sort of. Hyuna realised that Junhyung was distancing himself from her and Hyunseung tried to get closer to her with their subunit going on. When she asked Hyunseung about it, he simply adviced her that Junhyung already has Hara. He got closer to her to try to win her heart again and also to distract her from thinking bout Junhyung. Hyuna slowly accepted that fact but still tries sometimes to get closer to Junhyung. It was hard since the older man kept ignoring her. Eventually, she stopped.

 

2 years flew passed. Junhyung thought everything was okay between him and Hara. The only difficulty was that both of them are always busy. They still met at times when they had some time to spare. Which is why he really didn’t expect what came next.

“Junhyung, I really love you. You know that right?” Hara said.

Junhyung didn’t say anything back but he looked at her differently. He got a feeling he knows what is coming next.

“I think.. I think we have to breakup,” she finally said.

“Why?” he simply asked.

“We are not like in a relationship oppa. I know you’re passionate about your work but sometimes I wish you could spend more time with me. We have to be commited when we are in a relationship right? Some times I really doubt whether you love me or not,” she said.

“But I do! I really do,” he said.

“You never said it. Is it that hard for you to say that you love me? Is it?” Hara looked at him expectantly.

Junhyung chewed on his bottom lip. He can’t. He’s the type who express his love very well. Even love for his fans is hard enough for him to express.

“I still love you Junhyung. Really. But maybe its not the time yet for us to be together. We still have many more dreams to achieve and different people we want to meet,” she said, knowing she won’t get a reply.

Junhyung just nodded. Some things just had to be done before anything gets worse.

“We can still try to remain friends right?” she said.

“Colleagues,” he corrected her. He knows its impossible to remain close friends again once you had broke up. She nodded hesitantly.

 

Soon after, the news of their breakup spread like wild fire. Junhyung’s works increased as he was filming for his first drama and also preparing for their group’s new album. Everything was so hectic for him that he didn’t even have the time to think of other things. At times when he’s writing lyrics, he thought about where had gone wrong with their relationship and what she said to him. The songs were not for her. They were just simply songs. But he couldn’t deny that sometimes his inspiration comes from what he had been through and what he had heard.

Months passed. And that was when the hot news came in. Seeing the news, Hyuna felt a slight sense of satisfaction. She was disappointed and confused as to why Junhyung didn’t like her as how she thought he would. She’s basically nearly every guys’ dream girl and ideal type. Why is she not his?

Seeing that the girl he picked over her was going to another guy, she could only smile. Of course, his heart might hurt. But she was hurt too when he gave her false hopes and started ignoring her. Now maybe he is just experiencing his own karma.

 


Don't hate me!! I just want to write this out. Coz I've always been writing nice sweet Hyuna so I wonder how it is to write her in a different character. Sorry if this is not written good. If it is, well I hope you liked it :)

ITS A FICTION OKAY. FICTION. If you forgot what it means, look it up in the dictionary. Have a good day! <3