Unbreakable promise

My 'special someone' part 5: Unbreakable promise

 

 

“But you said you will stay with me forever!” a loud scream was heard, followed by a noise of something being thrown on the floor.

“I know Ming, but it’s not like I’m willing to go” the boy sighed and closed his eyes trying to stop the tears. No. 13 years old boys don’t cry, not even in a situation like this.

“But you’re leaving me! What with our promise? Was it only a joke?!” Sungmin yelled once again causing Kyuhyun to take the phone away from his ears.

“Min, you need to understand. My dad received an offer from branch in Japan and he’s determined to take it no matter what. I have to follow his orders. I can’t stay here on my own. Even noona is moving there” Kyuhyun tried to keep calm but it was harder than he first thought. The terrible news he had for Sungmin weren’t nowhere near positive. He had to break up with his special someone. Even now, three years later, they refused to call their relationship in any other way. It was still that innocent love, not changed in a slightest bit.

“But..” Sungmin began but the loud cries that followed made Kyuhyun’s heart clench and he finally let go and also started crying. The hopelessness of a current situation was like a punch in the face. Neither of them wanted to let go of another but the reality wouldn’t let them to stay like that forever.

“Hey, Ming. Let’s meet tomorrow, okay?” Kyuhyun finally calmed down his sobs and asked, the words leaving his mouth with undeniable heaviness. He heard a soft hum in response and smiled sadly to himself.

“See you soon, Min” was all he said before hanging up.

The news of moving dawned on him a few days ago. It was high time to break them to Sungmin. He didn’t want to upset the other but he couldn’t leave without saying goodbye to his special someone.

The next day came faster than he could expect. The silver, half heart-shaped pendant hanging on his neck was showing itself from under the shirt. He still remembered the day he gave it to Sungmin. The latter was so happy and has never took it off. The memory made Kyuhyun smile and soon enough he heard a bell to his door. Without a second of hesitation he opened them and spread his arms, knowing that the first thing Sungmin would do was embracing him in a bone-crushing hug.

Exactly that happened, but this time, Sungmin was clutching tightly at Kyuhyun’s shirt, loud sobs escaping his mouth.

“Kyu..” was all Sungmin managed to mutter before sobbing harder.

“Let’s go to my room, ok?” Kyuhyun asked and pulled Sungmin towards his room. Mrs. Cho was watching the heart-breaking scene from afar. She didn’t want to break the two poor, young hearts but she was well aware her husband needed the support in a foreign country.

Once in Kyuhyun’s room, they both embraced each other so tightly and began crying, muttering some incoherent words to each other. They were both crying hard, the tears flowing down their faces and wetting their shirts and even the floor.

“I want you to stay with me” Sungmin whispered when his eyes refused to product tears anymore, his sobs transformed into silent hiccups.

“I know Minnie, I also want to stay” was all Kyuhyun managed to say before breaking into another series of cries. They spent most of their times hugging and whispering words of pleas and wishes. After three hours of sobbing, when neither of them had any strength to cry any long, they laid in bed, their hands holding each other.

“Promise me something” Sungmin whispered while squeezing Kyuhyun’s hand. The latter’s eyes shot open and he looked at the boy with curiosity.

“You won’t find any other special someone in Japan. You will only think of me and no one else. And one day, we will find each other and be together again.” Sungmin said cordially and sat up, pulling Kyuhyun with him. The latter placed his palm on his heart, clutching the pendant at the same time and responded with a strong ‘I promise!’ before falling into Sungmin’s arms again.

They spent the remaining time sharing memories and funny stories about each other. Kyuhyun was feeling so crushed inside. He had a serious talk with his mother once and she said him that if he continues his close relationship with Sungmin it can turn into something pretty serious in the future. And Kyuhyun promised himself to make that work, no matter what.

“But the promise is for you too” he said after the sudden inflow of thoughts.

“Of course it is, and I promise to keep it” Sungmin said before placing his palm on his heart. The silent room was all they needed right now. They slowly leaned in connecting their lips in an innocent kiss, letting go almost immediately. They smiled at each other and went downstairs. Kyuhyun got an idea to invite Lee family over for a goodbye dinner, to which Mrs. Cho agreed immediately.

The dinner was a huge success but a heavy atmosphere never left the room. Both Cho’s and Lee’s were really sad because of the sudden leave. The boys seemed to be the strongest ones by that time and only smiled slightly when mum of another would come and pinch their cheeks with tears in eyes.

The day of move came faster than it could be predicted. Car packed to the limit and a big truck following was a heart-breaking view for both families. Mr. Cho closed the door of the house and turned away walking to Lee’s. After biding goodbyes both women broke into tears. But the hardest thing to do was separating the boys. The hug they were sharing was almost unbreakable. It wasn’t until Kyuhyun’s father announced they would be late for flight if they won’t go of each other. With heavy hearts, boys separated and looked at each other with unreadable expressions.

“Don’t take this off, never” were Sungmin’s words before taking the silver pendant in his hands.

“Never” answered Kyuhyun and took Sungmin’s hand in his before placing a soft kiss on top. Sungmin only giggled but the kiss on his lips silenced him immediately. It was their last kiss and both of them wanted to cherish it as much as possible.

Finally letting go Kyuhyun turned away and run to his car. He knew that if he had stayed there and looked at Sungmin he would never let go. Looking at the Lee’s through his window, he rolled it down and waved his hand. He held out his pinky and pointed it at Sungmin, the latter doing the same.

It was a sign of their promise.

A promise that should never be broken.

 

______________________

hello~

this part is a little angsty, but it turned out just like I've planned and I'm really proud of myself.

the next part is the last one so make sure to read it!

I want to thank to all my subcribers and readers, you guys have no idea how much does it mean to me  ;)

please excuse me any grammar mistakes

Last part