FINAL

Fire and Ice

It was Friday night.  The club was crowded with people, many of which were dancing the night away to the heavy beats of music on the dance floor.  It was a place of pleasure and pain, hidden desires and secrets, ready to be awaken at any moment.

They both sat at different ends of a bar in the club watching each other’s moves.

Jessica sent cold glares her way, slightly sending shivers down her spine, but she liked it.  Yuri looked back into those cold icy stares and smirked, not even flinching from Jessica’s stares as she continued sipping her drink.  She mentally agreed; Jessica, like always, was drop-dead gorgeous.  Her blonde hair highlighted her facial features and her black dress hugged her curves all in the right places.

Jessica was surprised that her glares gave no effect to the mysterious girl, but then again, she knew the girl was use to it; she couldn’t resist staring at the familiar stranger. She sensed a fiery aura from her, charming and attractive.  Yuri had on a leather jacket, a white v-neck t-shirt, and a pair of leather pants that fitted her perfectly, giving her a dangerous and edgy feel.

“More ice please,” Jessica said to the bartender, as she continued watching Yuri.  The bartender nodded and poured more ice into her drink.

Yuri took another sip of her alcohol, feeling the cool liquid burn as it traveled down to her stomach.  She her lips.  She signaled to the bartender.  The bartender understood and refilled her drink.

Jessica walked towards her. 

“I noticed you staring,” said Jessica.

With a husky voice, Yuri replied, “You won’t know if you weren’t staring either.”

There was an awkward silence.

“You wanna…dance?”  Jessica said seductively as she pulled Yuri from the seat.  Jessica’s cold touch sent jolts of electricity through Yuri’s body.  When Yuri responded to Jessica’s hold by holding tightly, Jessica felt the warmth heating her up.

Yuri stopped in her tracks. “I thought of a better idea.” 

Yuri led them to a VIP room and ordered some drinks.  They were now alone in a room, with the music beating faintly from the dance floor.

“Yuri.”

“…Jessica.”

They stared into each other’s eyes.  They still had feelings for each other.  They both knew it, but were too afraid to admit it.  Their relationship didn’t work out the first time.  Their emotions and feelings are still bottled within them, ready to burst at any given moment.  They have tried avoiding each other and acting like they don’t know each other, as if they were strangers, but none of it worked.  They always ended up finding each other one way or another and falling for each other over and over again.  Their desire and need for each other were stronger than they thought.

Their drinks came, filled to the brim with ice and the fiery liquid.

Yuri took a sip of her drink and set it down; she her lips once again, wanting to taste Jessica’s lips.  Not able to hold it in any longer, Yuri leaned forward and captured Jessica’s lips.  Jessica didn’t respond at first, but her body took over.  She slightly parted her lips allowing Yuri’s entrance. Yuri kissed her cold lips passionately, melting her with her every touch, burning her skin, while Jessica sent her chills with her butterfly kisses along her jaw line, alone with the icy cold touches on her skin. 

No one else but Yuri was able to melt this piece of ice and no one else but Jessica was able to tame this fire.

They pulled away for a moment, staring deeply into each other’s eyes.  They can see the insecurity, vulnerability, and need in each other. 

Was it never meant to be?  They can’t be together, but love works differently on everybody.  They couldn’t be together, yet fate keeps on placing them in each other’s presence as if teasing them. 

 “Whatever happens…I don’t care.  We are going to be together no matter what.  Whatever happens, we are facing it together.  No more running away.” Yuri whispered.

Jessica closed her eyes and nodded. “Whatever happens, we’re going to be together…forever.”

They couldn’t take it any longer.  Why must life be like that to them?  They are made their choice, their decision, and there is no going back.  They are walking this path they made together, not caring about the consequences that will occur.

“I guess it’s time to fight for what we believe in.” Yuri gave a faint smile.

“No more shortcuts…promise me that we’ll never be apart again.”  Jessica started to tear up. 

Their separation was really hard on the both of them.  Separation, coming back together, and separation again…it was like a never-ending cycle.  Problems occurred, rendering them unable to go on with their relationship, but their feelings were still there, intact and forever strong. 

Yuri wiped the tears that escaped from Jessica’s eyes with her thumb.  “I promise.”

 “I love you,” said Yuri as she looked into her eyes.

“I love you too.”  Jessica snuggled closer to Yuri.

Yuri embraced Jessica in a tight hug, not caring what would happen tomorrow or the next day after that.  It was “now” that mattered.  Jessica held onto Yuri tightly.

They stayed in each other’s embrace, enjoying each other’s presence.  No longer will they let fate tell them what to do, rather, they will fight for their love.

The faint beats of music could still be heard within in the room, but what was louder was their heartbeats that yearned for each other.

It was like a love that was forbidden.  They want to be together, yet doing so would hurt each other in the end.  

They were like the drinks they ordered, an icy alcoholic drink, a cold burning sensation. 

Opposite in a way, yet they completed each other.

They were like…fire and ice.