More Than The Stars

More Than The Stars

“One more time” My choreographer told me. I placed my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath. “Jinae, this dance has to be perfect for your debut.” He told me and I sighed but straightened up. The music to my song started once more and I danced the best that I could to try and let him give me a break.

 

Mid-way through the dance the TV caught my attention. I stopped dancing and looked up at the news.

“Keep a watch out on the sky tonight, you can expect to see the meteor shower. For all the stargazers out there, this has to be a special moment.” The news reporter spoke and smiled.

Inside I felt excited about the meteor shower; I looked towards my choreographer with a wide smile.

“Oppa, can I please watch the meteor shower, I’ll rehearse extra hard tomorrow if I can.” I promised gave him a hopeful look. He sighed at me and just shook his head.

“Jinae, I need you to rehearse your hardest all the time, and tonight if one of those times.” He told me and I lowered my head.

“Yes, Oppa” I walked back over to the centre of the room and continued dancing.

I felt sad that I couldn’t watch the meteor shower, but I knew that if my debut didn’t go well then it would have been my fault.

 

I eventually got to have a break but I used it to go and see BtoB in the recording studio. Minhyuk was recording when I entered so I just went and sat with the others. I sighed as I sunk on the sofa and Ilhoon shot me a questioning look.

“I’m not allowed to watch the meteor shower.” I pouted sadly and he gently ruffled my hair.

“Is that all you’re sad about?” Ilhoon asked and I nodded.

“I have to rehearse for most of the night, it . I know I’m close to my debut but still, I’d like to have a break to see the meteor shower.” I confessed and placed my head on Sungjae’s shoulder.

“Hey, you’re talking to me, don’t lean on him.” Ilhoon playfully scolded me and Sungjae stuck his tongue out at his hyung.

“You’re just jealous, hyung.” Sungjae teased Ilhoon who just rolled his eyes and pulled me towards him.

“She was my friend first, she likes me the best.” Ilhoon smirked and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. The BtoB members made a fuss about this and I shot them confused looks.

“Ooh, Ilhoon-ah, you’re getting comfortable with skinship now, eh?” Eunkwang teased Ilhoon and I just giggled at them. Ilhoon didn’t reply and just ignored them, pulling a playful face at his band members.

 

When it came time to go back to my rehearsal, Ilhoon walked with me back to the dance studio. We stopped outside and he smiled.

“You didn’t have to walk me back, Oppa.” I told him but he just shrugged.

“I had to get away from my members somehow.” He chuckled and I smiled.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow since I have rehearsals and you’re recording.” I told him and he nodded.

“Do your best, Fighting!” Ilhoon cheered for me and I chuckled.

“Arasso, Oppa, you too” I smiled and entered the dance studio.

 

My choreographer was waiting for me by the music and as soon as he saw me he clicked play, so I ran to my start position. More hours of dancing occurred and sweat was dripping down my face.

A cell phone rang and my choreographer answered, he was talking away then looked at me.

“Keep dancing, I have to go for a bit.” He told me and I just nodded as he exited the dance studio. Where did he have to go? I thought to myself of what would have been important enough to leave the rehearsal. Nevertheless I continued to dance despite the urge I felt to leave and go see the meteors.

 

Not long passed until the door opened once more, I thought nothing of it since it was probably just the choreographer. I continued to dance but a pair of hands landed on my waist and I immediately looked up at the mirror to see who it was.

“Ilhoon Oppa, what are you doing in here?” I questioned as I continued to dance. Ilhoon danced along with me, improvising his own moves and he just smirked playfully.

“Can’t I come and see my friend rehearsing?” He asked me innocently and I shook my head.

“Whenever you visit me there’s always something that you want.” I stated and he rolled his eyes with a smile.

“Oh Jinae, you know me too well.” He chuckled and I nodded. He walked towards the door and motioned for me to follow but I shook my head.

“I’m not allowed to leave, Ilhoon.” I told him but he just shrugged.

“Why not; what’s the worst they could do if you leave?” He questioned and I just stood there. “Jinae, come on.” He walked towards me once more and grabbed my hand. “Live a little.” He smirked as he dragged me from the dance studio and into the corridor.

 

We stood against the wall as he checked round the corner for signs of other artists or our managers. When the coast was clear he led me across to the other side and towards the elevator. We pushed the button and luckily the doors opened soon after, we both got inside and closed pressed the button for the top floor.

The elevator stopped a floor up from where we first got on and I glanced at Ilhoon warily. The doors opened and my heart raced in fear.

“Oh, hey you two” G.NA smiled as she got on the elevator. The two of us just stood there awkwardly whilst we waited for our stop.

 

I noticed G.NA looking at us and began to feel worried, what if she told my manager? The lift stopped once more and she walked out, but not before she looked back at Ilhoon and me.

“Make sure you two don’t get caught.” She smiled and winked playfully at us as the doors closed.

On the top floor, we exited the lift but still had to make our way to the stairs for roof access. Ilhoon led me through the corridor, glancing over our shoulder and round corners cautiously. Voices sounded in the corridor and Ilhoon quickly pulled me behind a plant. I had to stifle my laughter at how silly we probably looked at that moment, but it was worth it.

 

Once the coast was clear once more we continued towards the stairs. Ilhoon’s hand grasped the handle and a hand landed on his shoulder. My eyes widened in shock and he stopped what he was doing. We both glanced back to see who the person was and I sighed when I saw the faces of Sungjae and Minhyuk.

“Aish, what did you do that for? I nearly had a heart attack.” Ilhoon shoved his dongsaeng playfully and I placed my hand on my heart to calm it down.

“What are you two doing up here?” Minhyuk questioned and I glanced towards the door.

“We’re going to watch the meteor shower, want to come?” I asked the BtoB members who smiled and glanced at Ilhoon.

“Thanks for the offer, but we have somewhere to be. Be careful up there.” Minhyuk told me and then left after Sungjae waved childishly at me.

“Come on, Jinae, or the next person we see won’t be a friendly idol.” Ilhoon reminded me and we opened the roof access door to some stairs. We closed the door and headed up to the roof.

As soon as we stepped out the cold breeze surrounded us and I shivered. Ilhoon quickly shrugged off his jacket and gave it to me.

“Oh no, I’m fine.” I told him but he rolled his eyes and wrapped it around my shoulders.

 

He took hold of my hand once more and led me to a clear spot on the floor where we both sat down and stared up at the stars. I glanced at him out the corner of my eye and thought to myself. There was something different about him but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I looked back up at the night sky and sighed happily. A meteor shot across the sky and my face brightened up with a smile.

“Wahh, so pretty” I enthused and Ilhoon chuckled beside me.

We watched the meteors shoot across the sky one after another. Some were bright, some were barely there, but it was the best thing I had seen.

 

“Thanks for doing this, Ilhoon Oppa.” I looked at him. He looked at me and smiled.

“I’d do it all again for you, Jinae.” He whispered and placed his hand on my cheek. His fingers gently caressed my cold cheek before his face moved closer to mine. Our lips met a sweet and gentle kiss. I smiled into the kiss and his fingers caressed my jaw before he pulled away. “To me you’re worth more than the stars in the sky.” He whispered against my lips and kissed me once more.

 

When we pulled apart he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and held me close to him as we watched the meteor shower. I had never felt as happy as I did at that moment. Ilhoon went from being just my friend, to an oppa who I care about deeply in one night; all because of the meteor shower.

My debut performance went better than either me or my choreographer could have guessed, I guess having a break to watch the meteor shower actually made me want to work harder and when Ilhoon featured in my performance he made the audience go wild with his cute but charismatic behaviour.

 

Thanks to the Oppa that made me feel more special than the stars in the sky...