Count to Five

2PM Drabbles and One Shots

Khunyoung. PG-13 (implied mature content). Drama. 1307 w.


0.

 

The practice room is filled young boys about his age, all there for the same reason he is, but Wooyoung doesn't like strangers and he isn’t in the mood to make friends right now. He knows that if when he eventually makes it to debut he is most likely going to be in a group with some of these boys, but he’ll cross that bridge when he gets there. He scans their faces, ears perking up here and there as he catches bits of conversation about all manner of topics, but one face and one conversation in particular piques his interest. A funny looking boy with a funny sounding accent struggles so speak Korean with two kids Wooyoung was certain he just heard speaking fluent English, and it’s clear that he is definitely not from around here. And by here Wooyoung means Earth, because no earthling he ever knew of possessed such perfectly shaped features. That funny boy catches his eye and flashes Wooyoung a bright smile and Wooyoung is certain that he died right then and there because he cant feel his feet on the ground anymore.

 

I hope I get to debut with him, he thinks. And he does.

 

1.

 

Wooyoung is still not used to this filming thing, especially how they have to stay for hours and hours doing takes and retakes because Junho isn’t paying attention or Junsu was awkward or Taecyeon just wont SHUT THE UP so they could finish. The fact that it is Christmas and instead of filming with cute idol girls they are stuck with their AM counterparts has done nothing for Wooyoung’s pissy mood, and he is ready to wrap it up and go home. The funny boy, or Nichkhun as he was called, was his usual charming self, which had the noonas on set buzzing around him like bees about their queen, and Wooyoung feels a pang of jealously in his chest, although he isn't quite sure which side he was jealous of. Luckily for him the tables turned when he is the one who gets to press his lips to Khun’s plump pink ones, even if there is a thin sheet of tissue paper between them. And Wooyoung’s face turns every imaginable shade of pink when Khun presses a soft bonus kiss to his cheek backstage when filming is over.

 

2.

The world is crashing down around Wooyoung’s ears and he cant stop the fallout, no matter how many tears he cries. Their little band of seven has just turned into six; everything they have worked so hard for is threatening to go up in smoke. Wooyoung feels faint, so he’s not quite sure how he ended up in a heap on the floor, or how he ended up back in his bed in the arms of a concerned Nichkhun. His memory of that night is a bit hazy, but he definitely remembers how Nichkhun whispered in his ears to stop his sobs and kissed his tears away. He also definitely remembers how sweet Nichkhun’s mouth was when he kissed him, and how much he really needed him right then and there. Somehow they both end up with every inch of skin bared and pressed flush against each other, and when Nichkhun presses deep inside there were more tears of a different kind, but Nichkhun kisses those tears away as well.  Wooyoung falls asleep with Khun’s warm breath tickling the nape of his neck and he feels like maybe, just maybe, he can get through this.

 

3.

 

She’s pretty and feminine and everything Wooyoung is not. She is even more flexible than he is, and for some reason that fact grinds him the most. Nichkhun says that he doesn't love her but Wooyoung doesn't believe him, because hell, how could he not? This little affair of theirs obviously could never have lasted anyway; at least with her Nichkhun can walk outside holding her hand without being called any number of homophobic slurs. So Wooyoung packs away the memories of that time Nichkhun took him to the mall for his birthday and let him buy whatever he wanted, and of how he took him to that nice restaurant he wanted to go to and snuck him a kiss when he thought nobody was looking. He especially did not want to remember how Nichkhun’s long fingers feel when the ghost down his sides, because now that he is letting him go he has no use for those things. Nichkhun begs and pleads but Wooyoung says that one of them needs to be responsible, even trying to imply that maybe they never really did love each other, but that lie is a bit too terrible for even him to swallow. He throws it back up later that night, along with the whiskey he drank to numb the pain.

 

4.

 

Wooyoung is STILL not used to this filming thing, but at least filming for 2PM Show is a bit more interesting than their old Idol Army days.  Whatever he and Nichkhun had is still broken, and remains broken no matter how many times Khun sneaks in to the younger’s room in the middle of the night to plead his case directly to flesh. They remain in this weird limbo where they love each other, both physically and emotionally, but they just aren’t, and it’s so confusing for everyone that even the fans pick up on it. But that doesn't stop Khun from reaching up under Woo’s shirt during filming one day or “accidently” falling over into his lap while laughing another. Sometimes it’s better to try to stick to Junsu hyung or even the maknae, because Wooyoung doesn't trust his own heart anymore, and the way Nichkhun makes his nightly argument with greedy fingers in his pajama bottoms and a sticky tongue in his ear is starting to wear down his defenses a bit.

 

5.

 

There were many nights when Wooyoung had cried his heart out in Nichkhun’s arms, but this was the first time Nichkhun was crying his heart out in his. His apologies that had begun so heart wrenching and coherent had devolved into a chain of unintelligible words broken up by heavy sobs. Nichkhun says that with his stupid mistake he has ruined everything for all of them, but Wooyoung has heard enough and presses his lips to Khun’s to swallow his sobs because that is what he needs right now. He also gives his body over to Khun because that is what they BOTH need right now, and it feels so ing good having Khun inside and outside and all over everywhere else. Lastly, he gives his heart back over to Khun, because he hasn't been taking very good care of it himself and he realizes that this man ever really gave the whole thing back in the first place, no matter how hard he tried to snatch it away. Things will be ty for a while but they can get past it together much better than apart.


5.

5 years since they debuted together.

3 albums later + 2 young men finding their way through a crazy love = 5.

Wooyoung takes a deep breath backstage at the fan meet and stills his mind. After all of the they have been through 2PM has finally made it to 5. Sure has regrets; hell, they all do. But in those 5 years he has grown into someone that the bratty kid who first walked into that practice room wouldn't believe if he had told him himself. And Khun is still there, holding his hand and pressing a quick kiss to his temple.

“Wooyoung-ah, are you ready?” his honey voice asks in his ear.

Wooyoung just smiles, gives that strong hand a reassuring squeeze, and steps out into the stage lights.