Rigid

Nothing Is Forever (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

      Taeyeon’s stomach tightened and her smooth, delicate hand shook, uncontrollably. Some coffee spilt on the white tablecloth.  She hurriedly mopped it up with a serviette, trying to keep her face blank. She could already feel tears stinging her round eyes and she could see the face of Jiyong last night; that look of sadness and sorrow, when he revealed that his mother was currently sick to her.

 

 

    “Please, c-come with me. We need to get to my parents. They…they have something to tell you, they want to see you!”

 

 

    “Why? Why should I? Wh-why should we?! Why don’t you just bring Krystal along with you?! Why on earth do you care of bringing me? WHY?!” Taeyeon attacked him with the ‘why’s, she even almost lost her already ragged breath after throwing him questions.

 

 

    “BECAUSE MY MUM IS FREAKING SICK, GODDAMNIT! KRYSTAL IS NOT THE MAIN POINT RIGHT NOW, MY MUM IT IS!!!”

 

 

    “Yeah, well, nothing happened. So, how are you? How’s the romance with the gorgeous woman? Or, are you already married her when I was gone?”Taeyeon laughed the hysterical stranger’s laugh. No, it was more like insulting laugh, and a sad laugh, fake laugh. Jiyong’s mother at the next table looked over at Taeyeon,but of course she didn’t hear their conversation as Taeyeon played it well by talking about it in a low volume.

 

 

    “Get it, Jiyong?”

 

 

    Jiyong blinked and Taeyeon knew she’d hurt him and she knew it was a total cheap shot but she didn’t care. He broke her feelings first — not Taeyeon.

 

 

    “I miss you, Tae.”

 

 

    THIS. This took her completely by surprised. Again, the tears pricked her eyes.

 

 

    “I miss you, and of course, you…you’re my wife, right? I don’t want to leave your side.”

 

 

    “Never.”

 

 

    The tears came. Silent. Soundless. Falling on the white tablecloth, making big round blotches. He reached out and held her hand tight. “I love you. Always.”

 

 

    More tears and Taeyeon finally raised her small hand and looked at him.

 

 

    “No.”

 

 

   “No? No to what?”

 

   

    “NO!” She hysterically said. “Well played Jiyong, well played! YOU CAN’T ON MY LIFE AND HAVE ME WALK ON IT AND THEN PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED INFRONT OF YOUR PARENTS!” Taeyeon tried to keep her voice down but she knew it was loud by the stare their table receiving. She literally lashed her madness out, and she did not give a goddamn care about it.

 

 

    “Taeyeon, I…I love you and w…we can make—“

 

 

    Taeyeon snatched her hand away from his, knocking the coffee cup. A brown stain spread across the table, now it was a total mess, as messy as Taeyeon’s life. She wiped her eyes with another serviette, then grabbed her coat, rocking the table as she stood up to leave.

 

 

    “I…I’m tired of this game, Jiyong. You were my husband, but not any longer.” She ran out of the space, almost crashing into a huge cupboard, then ran to the room.

 

 

    Running.

 

 

    Running away…

 

 

   She ran until her lungs felt like they were going to burst out of the tiny frame. ing cheek of him and his game; his ‘I love you’s crap. What a jerk. . Her marching to the room getting madder and madder every second. But it was not him she was mad at; it was herself. She was being a puppet, to be played around, to be crushed on. Kwon Jiyong crushed me and my life, and I don’t even fight back. I am stupid. Helpless.

 

 

    And the last person Taeyeon wanted to speak to was Jiyong’s mother, sure enough, she wanted an explain from her.

 

 

    “Can we talk?” Kwon Jiyong asked, when she was barely in the door.

 

 

    Oh great, of course he wanted an explain from me on why am I acting like a infrint of his sick mummy.

 

 

    “What is this — a concerted effort cooked from you to start playing this y setup again?! To answer your question — can we talk? Yes, we can. OFF!!!” Taeyeon shouted, and ran to the door, banging it so hard it shook. Throwing herself on the bed and checked her phone. Nothing. Seunghyun won’t be in touch now. Not with what happened between her and her so-called-lovely-husband.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter