Honesty

My Mistake

“Hyung!” Mingyu grinned as he spotted his lover. Wonwoo his lips once as his gaze laid upon the tall junior.
Wonwoo smiled as he walked over and collapsed into the hug, his head resting softly against the crook of Mingyus’. “Do you know what day it is today?”

“August 11th...” Wonwoo whispered, clearly knowing what the special occasion was.

“Happy Anniversary.” The soft melodic voice rung in Wonwoo’s ears causing him to smile. They heard girls whisper, some of them even squealing silently to themselves, while the boys were chuckling. This was normal to all the students. Everyone knew that they were dating and knew that it was their 3rd anniversary, how? Because Mingyu diligently shouted at the top of his lungs earlier when he was on the rooftop. Wonwoo inhaled the sweet smell of his boyfriend and tightened the grip his arms had around Mingyu’s waist. He loved how they fit into each other so perfectly, almost like a puzzle. The moment was shortly interrupted when Mingyu whispered something else.
“I have to talk to you after school...wait for me by the entrance, kay?”
Confused, Wonwoo nodded his head as he continued to wonder what the taller had wanted to talk about.
 



The teacher dismissed the class as everyone crowded around the exit. Luckily, Wonwoo managed to get out without being tripped over by the students rushing out to get home. It was a chilly winter after all.
Unlike the other students who rushed home, Wonwoo kept his promise with Mingyu and stayed at the entrance, waiting in the cold for his boyfriend. He saw his breath come out from his mouth, causing him to dig in his bag to find his scarf, but frowned when he couldn’t find it. Believing that he left it in class, he was about to go fetch it, however stopped when he felt something warm wrap around his neck. His eyes travelled to the cotton, only to recognise it to be his very own scarf that he thought he left in class. He looked up, only to see a childish grin covered by a scarf.
“Your teacher told me that you left it in class. Gosh you really are forgetful, Jeon Wonwoo.” Mingyu chuckled. Wonwoo pouted as his arms unconsciously moved its way to latch itself onto Mingyus.

“What did you want to talk about?” Wonwoo mumbled in his scarf. Mingyu gaped open his mouth, but closed it again and started to walk, causing Wonwoo’s legs to move along as well. Now Wonwoo was even more confused. Why hadn’t Mingyu answered him?

The temperature at the moment was killing Wonwoo. Despite wearing double layers of clothes along with a scarf, he could still feel the cold chilly breeze. “Aigoo.” Mingyu leaned over to pinch Wonwoo’s nose as it scrunched up a bit. “So adorable...I’ll take you to a warmer place.” He assured the cold elder as they walked up a familiar path.
It didn’t take long before they reached the practice room. It was empty at the moment, so they both knew that everyone had gone home for an early cold night. Turning on the heater, Mingyu took off his bag and placed it against the wall, Wonwoo following suite.
The latter shuffled over to the heater as warmth started to radiate out. Smiling with satisfaction, he decided to stay there and not go over to Mingyu who was watching his boyfriend melt and become one with the heater.

“Ah!” Wonwoo remembered, “What did you want to talk about?” This time he shot a stern look at Mingyu, making sure he was going to actually give an answer this time.
Mingyu pouted, quite adorably if Wonwoo must say, but then again everything Mingyu did was adorable to him.

“Oh.” Mingyu smiled as he shuffled over to boy crouching in front of the heater. “...it was nothing; I just wanted to be with you.” He replied and hugged him. Wonwoo heated up as he wrapped his arms around Mingyu and the fact that the heater was radiating 65% of the heat onto him wasn’t helping.

“Cheesy.”
Wonwoo muttered and nuzzled into the chest of the younger.
Mingyu smiled softly and played with Wonwoo’s hair, looking down to the top of his head. He let out an inaudible sigh as his lips leaned in and gently placed itself on top of Wonwoo’s head.



“Oh my god!” The shriek of a familiar voice woke Wonwoo up. An eye peeked open and groaned when he saw his team member, Hansol. “What the hell?! Hyungs slept here throughout the whole night?! Are you kidding me?!”
Wonwoo’s eyes moved themselves up to see Mingyus sleeping face. He cleared his throat and stretched his limbs, brushing his arm against Mingyus cheeks. Hansol started to rant to himself about how it was so cold last night and even told them to be more careful despite him being younger than them by a couple years. Of course Wonwoo didn’t even care as he just sat there and watched the young Korean-American rant on and on, he was ranting in English after all. Sighing, he shook Mingyu, waking him up.
Mingyu groaned and muttered something that sounded like ‘Wake me up in 5 minutes’. Wonwoo rolled his eyes as his hands started to jab both sides of Mingyus hips.  He immediately jumped up and started to squirm around. Smiling successfully, Wonwoo stood up and went to wash his face at the sink in the practice room.

Mingyu groaned when he saw Hansol. However Hansol threw away that diva image from before and leaned over to Mingyu. “Did you ask him?”
Mingyu knew exactly what he was talking about, yet he didn’t want to talk about it so instead he slapped the others face away and went to follow Wonwoo. He heard Hansol shout things in English. He didn’t even care if Hansol was insulting him in another language, you wouldn’t want to mess with a diva like Hansol.
After washing his face and fixing his hair, Mingyu walked back out, only to see Wonwoo and Hansol dancing to their song. He leaned on the door frame and watched in amusement as he watched the younger one scold the elder one, who didn’t even fight back. Slowly Hansol’s words started to come back to him. Yeah...why hadn’t he asked Wonwoo yet?
All of these thoughts came flying into Mingyus head that he didn’t even realise the other members coming in, that was until the youngest one attacked him with a hug.

“Goooooood Morning Mingyu Hyung!!!” Samuel grinned cutely. Mingyu smiled affectionately as he leaned down and started to ‘molest’ the younger boy. Well that was what everyone called it whenever they see tall Mingyu kissing or hugging short Samuel.
Soon everyone was here; meaning dance practice was going to start. Wonwoo shouted the countdown as music started to play. They all danced in sync even if the room was crowded with 16 boys. The music stopped as everyone stopped to see the eldest out of all of them stand in front of the mp3 player.

“What is this? Everyone got the same dance move wrong again.” He scolded with a loud voice, everyone kept quiet, and it wasn’t like any of them could fight back against him anyway. “Yah Jeon Wonwoo, did you even practice at all?! You’re the one who always gets this part wrong regardless of the amount of times I’ve taught you!” He raised his voice.
Mingyu looked over at Wonwoo worriedly. He closed his eyes, tightened his fists and prayed.
Please Wonwoo...please don’t you-

“Of course I practiced.”
Mingyu let out a silent sigh as his fists lost its tightness and just fell lifelessly.
The eldest clicked his tongue and scoffed, rolling his eyes. It looked as if he was about to lose it. Mingyu quickly walked over and calmed him down. Whispering to him that they were a team and a team needed time to practice. The elder was about to shoot back at him with his honest answers but he saw how little Samuel was looking around uncomfortably and just shook Mingyu off.

“Alright. Fine. We’ll start from the beginning, this time, look closely.”
Mingyu went back to his spot, glancing over at Wonwoo. He sighed as he saw the usual emotionless face. For once, why couldn’t he be honest?