Magic

It's You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was only me.

 

Jongdae smiled to the last customer who bought from his grandma's antique store. It was summer and he had nothing to do, so he decided to help out.

He was about to close the shop when a girl around his age stopped him. 

"No, no, no! Please please don't close yet I still have to buy something please please--"

"Okay, okay," Jongdae raised his hands in defeat, "it's okay. I won't close the shop." He said, opening the door for the girl to enter.

She sighed in relief. "Thank goodness. Gomawo." She smiled and went in.

Jongdae nodded and followed her, going behind the counter.

She hummed a tune as she picked out a bracelet from one of the shelves.

Jongdae nodded when the girl handed him the bracelet, his breathe hitched once her soft hand touched his.

He shook his head and punched the price in.

The girl payed and smiled at Jongdae. "Thank you very much!" She exclaimed.

Jongdae nodded and sighed.

He kept it in himself, he had to hide it or else it wouldn't be good.

 

He just fell in love.

 

Then there was you.

 

Jongdae laughed as his grandmother accidentally pressed the fire alarm. Good thing the store's not yet opened or else everybody would've freaked out.

He and his grandmother laughed as they stopped the alarm, going back to setting up the store. He cleaned the counter, while his grandma checked the cash register.

 

Jinhee walked around the street full of shops, glancing through the people that passed by her. 

She hummed, being that old habit of hers when she's thinking.

Yes, she's thinking.

About that guy from the antique store.

She smiled and looked at the bracelet she bought there five days ago. 

She liked that guy.

He's so calm and shy. He is extremely adorable.

She sighed and smiled to herself.

She continued walking but then stopped in front of a familiar store.

And she saw that familiar face.

She froze.

It's him.

 

Jongdae smiled as his grandma told stories about him when he was still a baby. He listened attentively but froze when he saw a familiar face looking right back at him.

It's her.

 

As they looked into each other's eyes, they knew, they admitted it, they had it inside their hearts.

 

They're in love.

 

Together, we learned how to love.

 

Jongdae sighed as he closed the store. Today was a very long day, with all the impatient customers he handed.

Good thing his grandmother decided to stay in their house.

"Oh, you closed the shop already?" 

Jongdae's eyes widened as he heard the voice. He turned around and gasped lightly.

"Annyeong," she greeted, "we meet again." The girl smiled.

Jongdae gulped, not really expecting her presence.

The girl pouted. "You guys closed up early today." She said, glancing at the locked doors.

Jongdae scratched the back of his head. "Uh, well, I thought there were no customers for the night so I decided to close it up already. I'm sorry." He mumbled.

The girl nodded. "It's okay...." She raised a brow.

He extended a hand. "Oh, I'm Jongdae. Kim Jongdae." He said.

The girl smiled and shook his hand. "Hi, I'm Kwon Jinhee. It's okay, Jongdae. I'll just stop by tomorrow." She said.

Jongdae nodded.

Jinhee bit her lip and glanced around.

Jongdae broke the ice. "So, where are you headed to?" He asked her.

She pointed to their right. "To the next bus stop. I'm about to head home." She said.

Jongdae's eyes lit up. "I'm headed there, too!" He exclaimed.

Jinhee grinned. "Oh, really?" She asked.

Jongdae nodded. "I-if it's o-okay, can I join y-you?" He asked her shyly.

Jinhee giggled and nodded. "Yeah, sure." She said, walking towards the bus station.

Jongdae followed her and smiled to himself.

 

It was a start, the beginning of our wonderful story.

 

Jongdae stretched and yawned. He was tired from all the selling he did today.

He looked at the clock and sighed. It's already 10 PM. 

He was about to stand up when he heard the bell of the door ring.

He looked up instantly and smiled to himself.

 

She's here.

 

"Sorry, I had to go to the bookstore. It's okay, I'll just come by tomo--"

"No," he said, "it's okay. Go ahead. Pick. I'll wait for you." He said.

Jinhee nodded and smiled, walking around the store to find what she's looking for.

Jongdae looked at her with longing, his eyes full of adoration. He's been doing that for the past 4 weeks. And it's driving him crazy.

He didn't know if she liked him back. He's curious and scared.

It was when Jinhee showed up in front of him when he snapped out of his thoughts. He was supposed to grab the hairpin she just bought, but instead it was her hand that he held.

They gasped and looked up, they're eyes met. 

They stood there, looking at each other. No one dared to moved. It's as if time stopped.

Jongdae was the first one to break the silence, retracting his hand from hers and grabbing the hairpin. "U-uh that'll b-be 800 won." He stammered.

Jinhee cleared , grabbing her purse and handing him the money. "H-here you g-go." She stuttered, grabbin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter