How would it be if..?

[►]Summer time, idols!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Caption: Minho&Nicole&Mino @ the park

They were at the park. Mino was happily playing by himself as he left Minho and Nicole some time for themselves. Minho was busy typing a message and smiled as he got a reply. Hu? Nicole glanced at him with a questioning look " Sohee said they're on their way home " ahhh.. she grinned hearing that name coming from his lips.

" Don't tell me you're one of them.. " one of those who think that I got a thing for her. You, out of everyone.. he eyed her seriously making her chuckle.

" I don't know.. " she shrugged. She used to think that he could like Bora but after watching the broadcast and a conversation she had with Kai, she ended up having her doubts too.

" You have to admit that.... " it kinda looks like it. I'm no expert but when they pointed it out, I couldn't deny it.

" Yeah "

There was a long silence between them.

Minho was staring at her while she was keeping her eyes on the boy. He couldn't tell what was happening anymore or for who his feelings were. He used to be so sure that his heart belonged to Nicole but.. but the day before he felt his chest tightening as he looked at Sohee. He realized in that moment that he could be possibly be looking at her differently from the past. That was why he couldn't answer the interviewer when he was asked about it.

What if I developped real feelings for her? What if the others are right?

Or maybe.. maybe I'm just giving them too much credit.

Nicole turned to him and curved a smile, a smile that he learned to know very well, a smile that he simply adored.

" Have you.. " he cleared his throat and locked his eyes with hers " Have you ever thought about.... us. I mean " he shyly scratched the back of his head. I know you always looked at me as a friend but.. " Have you ever thought about how would it be if it was us? "

Nicole swallowed and pressed her lips together.

She looked down her lap and nervously started playing with her hands.

She nodded.

" Many times.. " she said lowly and a sigh that she has been holding in came out.

Of course, she thought about it, about them. In the past, she used to wonder why she couldn't look at him more than just a friend. Why? When Minho had everything a girl could ask for. He was sweet, caring, a perfect gentleman, a perfect boyfriend but he still wasn't the one for her.

" I had fun today.. " she paused " This is exactly how I think it would be if it was us and.. " she paused again " honestly this is how I imagined my relationship to be " she turned to him and nodded to confirm her words. 

She really had fun that day. She was at ease with him. Even though Minho had this perfect gentleman image (like Luhan had his prince), she was never intimidated by it. She never wondered if she was enough for him. They joked and played happily without thinking about anything, worrying about anything. It was just them and their sillyness.

She felt comfortable with him and maybe that was also what was refraining her to look at him as a boyfriend. She was too comfortable. She didn't have that little nervousness, consciousness and butterflies in her stomach like she did with Luhan.

Her relationship with Luhan was like a rollercoaster. It went so fast and it had so many up and downs that it could get scary at some points but she had feelings for him. Feelings that she never felt for anyone else, feelings that were getting stronger by the day.

Her choice of words were done perfectly. She wanted their kind of relationship but she wanted it with Luhan. She was marking a line between them when she said 'my relationship'. Maybe she was in a relationship which was way different from how she imagined it but since her feelings for him were strong, she got over it.

cCcCc

Caption: Myungsoo&Sohee&Minhyuk&Jiah

Myungsoo tried to keep his composure through the whole day. He didn't want to be the one who always caused problems, who always started discussion because for that day he really would've wanted to bring back their memories of that day when he first won that big white plushie for her. If the other guys in the house could fix their problems with their girls, he was sure, he could too.

But Sohee wasn't helping or at least she was making it really hard for him consciously or unconsciously. No one could tell. She was being really nice to Minhyuk, she was giving him her whole attention and even when she had to ask something, she'd turn to Minhyuk first. Myungsoo noticed every single thing despite him looking like he wasn't as he talked and played with Jiah. Little did the other two know that he had an eye and an ear on them.

He was burning and when he couldn't take it anymore he grabbed her wrist and dragged her away ignoring as his usual her pleads to let her go " Yah " she hit his hand.

They stopped not that far from where they were and Myungsoo faced her with an inquiring expression. She swallowed admitting to herself that he looked quite intimidating in that moment but she clenched her fist and brushed the little tingle of fear that she was feeling. She was tired of being passive to everything he said or done. She knotted her brows and jerked off his hand.

" You can't just drag me away whenever you feel like it "

" And you can't just flirt with others whenever you feel like it "

" I wasn't! "

" Yes, you were! "

" Why are we yelling? "

" I don't know! " they stopped for a moment as it was getting ridicolous and they were starting to attract people's attention. They looked around and became flustered when they noticed the eyes on them. Why....

They walked looking for another place to talk to but Myungsoo was impatient to get off his chest what he has been keeping in. A couple of steps after he spoke again " You don't reject Minho hyung attention, you're always going to Kai and now openly flirting with Minhyuk hyung in front of my eyes " 

" I was just trying to be nice " she retorted rolling her eyes. She was starting to get annoyed because not only she felt embarrassed by their little scene in front of other people but she was also feeling sorry for Minhyuk and Jiah who have been left behind. That wasn't right, especially for something as childish as the reason they were discussing about.

" No, it's flirting which is way different "

" So what, hu? " her tone changed " It's not like we're dating, right? You're not my boyfriend, I'm free to do whatever I want " she said firmly.

She was surprised by her own words that she almost regret them right after they left , even more when she saw Myungsoo's saddening expression. He didn't expect that but he also couldn't deny that, the truth.

They never made anything official. They never talked about themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend. They just had feelings for each other and they were getting along well before he told her about the 'dating scandal'.

" I.. " he wanted to fight that back but his voice didn't come out. When people say the truth, it hurts.... he swallowed and straightly looked into her eyes trying to look for regret, confusion but she was hiding it perfectly and the only thing he could see was her being firm on what she said.

" So you don't consider me.... us at all " whatever we have, whatever we feel for each other. Or I feel for you " You just don't care " his voice was so low. He was forcing it out. A smirk curved on his face when she didn't reply.

" Way to talk about feelings and sincerity, right? " he raised his voice as anger was slowly taking over him.

It was true.

They never made anything official but there must've been a reason why he felt sorry when his scandal was about to break out or why he was apologizing and trying hard to make up for it. There must've been something, right? He wondered as he started breathing in and out to calm himself.

" It took you nothing to put everything aside "

" Nothing? " seriously, nothing? " Should I remind you how I had to watch you drooling over someone else (Jiyoung) for so long without blinking an eye? Or your little scandal which is in the past but it doesn't mean it didn't affect me at all? And this " she pointed at themselves " this (childish) behaviour of yours that I always have to keep up with " never in her life she imagined herself to have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter