3

Turn Left Turn Right

In the next day Hyukjae came to a small restaurant that happened to be ‘Sapphire Blue Restaurant’ where Hae works. He came in and found a man that already sitting in the corner of the room. He walks to that man and greet him.

“Ah Hyuk-ah.” That man said.

“Hello Sungmin hyung, thanks for coming.” He said and sat in front of that man, Lee Sungmin.

“No problem.”

Just after that Hae came to their table to ask for an order. That’s when Hae realizes that that Hyukjae is his customer. Hae immediately rolled his eyes when he sees Hyuk, so do Hyuk when he sees Hae again.

“What do you want to order?” asked Hae not even bother to be polite.

“Can you be at least a little bit polite?” Hyuk asked making Hae get more annoyed.

Hae sighed, “do you want to try our noodle?” he asked, pretend to be at least a little bit polite.

“Fine. Give me your noodle.” Hyuk answered, “and you hyung?” he asked to Sungmin.

“I’ll take the noodle as well.”

After taking the order, Hae leaves both of them.

“So, do you get the pictures?” Hyuk asked enthusiastically.

“Yeah, just like what you asked.” Sungmin handed him some photos. Hyuk immediately took it and take a look of it one by one.

“He didn’t have any boyfriend, did he?”

“Boyfriend? He doesn’t even had a friend!” Sungmin answered. Hyuk actually asked him for a favor last week that is to take pictures of this one person that Hyuk had crush on. He remembers when he followed that boy almost everywhere, and how he is always alone.

“That’s great!” Hyuk said than come back looking to the pictures.

Then Hae came with their orders. He places the orders on the table a little bit rude on purpose, because he is still pissed out with Hyuk.

“You do really can’t be a little bit polite, don’t you?” Hyuk asked while looking to Hae, annoyed.

Hae only rolled his eyes, not even bother to answer.

“Huh, you should learn how to be more delicate like my boyfriend here!” Hyuk said while showing one of Kyu’s photos to Hae.

Hae take a quick look on the photo, “whatever!” he said. However when he take another glance to the photo, he immediately realized one person on that photo, Siwon.

Hae snatched it from Hyuk’s hand.

“Hey!”

“Why is my boyfriend in this photo?” Hae asked, then take a look to another photo, “here too, here, here, here, and here.” He said while looking and pointing at each of it.

Hyuk stand up and also take a look on it, so do Sungmin.

“He is almost on every photo that I took!” Sungmin said unbelievable.

“Well, he’s not here.” Hyuk said while pointing a photo of Kyuhyun in the middle of a crowd.

Hae is searching for Siwon in there, “yes! He is not here!”

“Nah, he is there. There.” Sungmin said while pointing at Siwon’s face in the middle of the crowd not so far from Kyu.

Hae and Hyuk then take a look one more time to those photos. The one when Kyu in the train, standing in the right side, there is also Siwon standing in the left side, not so far from him. The one when Kyu crossed the bridge in the park, Siwon is there too, standing under the bridge while playing his violin.

“Wah, how can this be? They are really destined to be together.” Sungmin said amazed.

Both of them looked at Sungmin, wordless.

-

On the same day Siwon is standing in the park where he met 883213. Not only the fountain that they removed, now the carousel is gone too. He sighed deeply. He looks one more time on the horse from the carousel that they rode that one time.

The next 30 minutes, Siwon is already pushing a wooden cart with the horse from the carousel on it. He decided to take it home, at least he need to have something left from that park that he shared with 883213.

 

Later also that day, Kyu is standing in the park where he met 867410. Not only the fountain that they removed, now the carousel is gone too. He sighed deeply. He looks one more time on the horse from the carousel that they rode that one time.

Then in the next 30 minutes, Kyu is already pushing a wooden cart with the horse from the carousel on it. He decided to take it home, at least he need to have something left from that park that he shared with 867410.

 

Hae is about to delivery some order when he sees Siwon pushing a wooden cart. He stops his motorbike.

“I’ll help you!”

Siwon is too late to react when he sees Hae, he already hooking a strap from his motorbike to the cart. Hae’s motorbike is actually not so big, so in the end its still can’t really pull the cart. Although it’s still help Siwon a little bit, they made it to Siwon’s apartment.

 

While in the other hand, Hyuk is also busy trying to help Kyu to bring the horse from the carousel. He accidentally sees Kyu was struggling to push the cart then immediately stops his car to help him. Unfortunately, Hyuk’s car can’t fit the horse from the carousel. So in the end, he called the ambulance to pick it up, making Kyuhyun amazed and confused enough with the view.

-

Siwon and Hae finally arrived in Siwon’s apartment. After putting the horse down, Hae slammed his tired body to Siwon’s bed. Siwon is only looking at him at first, and decided to let Hae rest for a while since he is already help him.

“Thanks.” Siwon said while smiling.

Hae doesn’t bother to answer it, he instead looks at his watch, “woah! It’s time for the game! It’s semi final!” he said excitedly then jump from Siwon’s bed to turn on the TV.

Siwon only sighed at the view, and decided to just clean the horse from the carousel.

“This isn’t what ‘destiny’ is like.” He suddenly said, “If 2 people meet and they both fall in love, that’s destiny for sure. If neither loves the other, even if they meet millions of times, it’s still not destiny. If one’s in love, and the other isn’t, and the one who’s in love grabs on and won’t let go, while the other just wants to run away, not only is it not destiny, it’s pain.” He continues while cleaning the horse.

Hae who is at first excited watching the match suddenly get silent after hearing those words from Siwon.

“Is that horse that 12345678 rode?” Hae asked.

“It’s 883213. We rode this carousel together when we were at that park.”

Hae stands up and half yelled to Siwon, “You’ll never see 12345678 again! Why just don’t you marry this freaking wooden horse and ride it to hell!”

Then he went away from that apartment.

 

Kyu and Hyuk finally arrived at Kyu’s apartment, along with all the hospital staff the help them to bring the horse with that ambulance. Kyu at first really don’t want Hyuk to stay in his apartment, but since he already helped him, he decided to let it go this once.

True enough, Hyuk immediately sits on Kyu’s bed and take off his shoes.

“I’m drowning in sweat because of that horse! I’ll take a bath.” He said then runs to the bathroom before even Kyu can react.

While Hyuk is singing in the bathroom, Kyu walks closer to the bathroom, already feeling uncomfortable with another person taking a bath in his bathroom.


“Can you please not take a bath in here?” He asked carefully.

But then Kyu hears the water is already streaming, making him bite his lips.

“I... I don’t really like you.” He said again.

Kyu waits for Hyuk to answer but all he can hear is the sreaming water, “And I really don’t like you taking a bath here.” He said again.

“Last time you did it, i scrubbed the tub for three days.” Kyu continues.

“And the shampoo, the soap, the towel, I threw it all after you wear it...”

Kyu waits again, Hyuk still don’t answer it. He sighed deeply.

“I guess I just don’t love you. If I did it wouldn’t feel like this.” Kyu said, “the horse is the one that 867410 rode. Even it’s dirty and heavy, but I was still want to bring it home...”

That’s when suddenly Hyuk opens the bathroom door, his body and his hair are still wet from the shower.

“How can I leave like this?” Hyuk asked.

Kyu hanged his head down. Hyuk walks to back to Kyu’s bed and start drying his hair in a rush then put on his shoes.

“You have been really kind to me.” Kyu said, “We can still be friends, right?”

Hyuk stops then looked at Kyu annoyed, “there are so many nurses and doctors that who want me to be bath in their house, you know!” He gets up and walks away from Kyu’s apartment.

 

Hyuk steps out from the building while feeling really annoyed, he turns left.

 

Hae steps out from the building while feeling really annoyed, he turns right.

 

And that’s when they meet again. This time Hyuk rolled his eyes again, “I’m really on bad mood, so don’t start anything!”

Then Hae, who is from the start hanging his head down, look up to him. That’s when Hyuk can see how Hae is actually crying, and then he suddenly felt a pain in his heart by the view. He softened his face.

-

It’s already late, but Hyuk and Hae still drinking together in a bar.

“So those two have been neighbors all the time!” Hyuk said while drinking his beer.

“You don’t ever tell them!” Hae said also while drinking another shot.

“Oh I really won’t ever tell them! I hope that they will never meet again for the rest of their live!”

“Let’s make an oath!”

“A blood oath!”

“Together!”

Then they said it together, “if I ever tell them, I’ll be struck by the lightning....” they stopped, looking at each other, amazed that they knew a same oath.

“My guts will burst, and my body rots!” they continue still amazed with their selves, “my son will born with no peepee!”

Hyuk and Hae stay silent for a while, they look into each other eyes.

“Have we met before?” Hyuk asked first.

“Probably more than once.”

They looked into each other eyes one more time.

“So it’s we who destined to be together.” Hae said.

“And they are just extras in our romance.” Hyuk added.

They finally their lips touched. Even they knew that half of this is only alcohol act, they can’t resist deepening the kiss and even giving it another kiss.

 

Still not today... said the destiny.

***

Their life goes on.

Then suddenly Kyu get a package. He opens the folder carefully. Then his mind is suddenly going crazy because of what he sees. The package contains the photo of himself in daily activity. But what make it worse is that there are also 867410 on each of it.

That one time when he crossed the bridge in the park, 867410 is also there, under the bridge, playing his violin. That one time when he was in train, 867410 is also there. Even that one time when he was in the crowd, 867410 is also there not so far from him.

Kyu tries to manage his breath that suddenly become so heavy. But in the end, he cried.

Is this really our fate?

-

After that day, Kyu decided to call Hyuk, since he doesn’t even had a friend to talk to. They decided to meet in some small restaurant.

“Hey.” Hyuk said with a warm smile, so different with the last time they met.

“Hey, sorry to bother you.” Kyu said.

“It’s okay.” Hyuk smile again, “oh, I came here with my boyfriend.” He pointed some boy who was sitting not so far from them, then Hyuk waves his hand.

“So, what’s up? You mentioned about weird pictures?” Hyuk asked again.

“Yeah, someone send me this.” Kyu give the folders with all the photos, “I really can’t figure it out, and I didn’t know who to talk about.”

“Of course you can talk to me.” Hyuk said while looking to the pictures.

“I received these photos. Each of it has me and 867410 on it. All this time we’ve been this close to each other, yet we still never meet.” Kyu said sadly.

“This is awful! I mean, it’s worse than living in two different worlds.” Hyuk said while looking at the photos.

Kyu hanged his head down again, he can feel his tears already in his eyes. Hyuk looked at him, then take a glance to Hae, signaling him that Kyu is already crying, making Hae smirking in his place.

This all actually Hyuk and Hae’s plan to give a little bit revenge to Kyu and Siwon. They are heartbroken at first, after all.

“It’s like fate playing with me and him, while we just really desperate to meet each other....” Kyu suddenly said while holding back his tears.

Hyuk who is at first want to revenge his broken heart is actually felt sorry when he sees Kyu is looking really sad like that.

“I’m sorry...” Kyu said, took the pictures and then ready to leave. There is no use talking about it to someone, there’s nothing that can fixed this problem, only fate, he thought.

Hyuk stunned when he sees Kyu is leaving while crying. Hae approached him.

“What did he say?”

“He said that fate is playing with them.” Hyuk said.

“Don’t go soft on him!” Hae said, but he actually also felt really sorry for them.

“We already make a blood oath.” Hae said softly.

-

Later that day, Siwon also called Hae and asked him to meet up.

They sat on a bench in front of a book store.

“What’s up?” Hae said at first, “do you want to go back together? Too late! I already choose a doctor instead you!”

Siwon chuckled a little bit, “it’s good that you finally found someone.”

“And you? Have you met 1234567?”

“He is 883213. And no, I haven’t met him, yet.”

“Who cares! It’s not even his real name!”

Siwon sighed and decided to let it go, “someone just send me something weird.” He said then handed some photos to Hae.

“It’s a picture of me and him in so many places. We actually so close, but yet we never meet.”

Hae looked at the picture, “it’s because you are not destined to be together.”

Siwon sighed, “Maybe me and him really never meet again.” He said sadly.

“So what will you do?”

Siwon looked at the sky, “nothing. I just wish that he can be happy wherever he is. We are played by the fate. We really just want to meet with each other, but the fate is playing with us.”

Siwon sighed one more time, and took the photos from Hae’s hand.

“I’ll go. Sorry to bother you.”

Hae looks at Siwon’s who is walking away from him. He sighed, and decided to call him.

Hae runs slowly to him, “I’m not working at the restaurant anymore,” he said then takes a piece of paper from his bag and write a phone number on it, “here is my home number. If you need me give me a call at this number.”

Siwon took the paper then continue to walks.

 

Hyuk walks towards Hae.

“Did you gave him your number?” He asked unbelievable.

“No. I give him his number. Maybe if they are really destined to be together they can really meet for real this time.”

“Is it not broke our oath?”

“Of course not, silly. We still didn’t tell them. Now call Kyu, and give him Siwon’s number. Say that it’s yours. And then let the fate decided.” Hae said while winking.

 

And Hyuk did call Kyu again, and give him Siwon’s number and said that it was his.

***

Day by day passed by.

Siwon is attending an audition for a scholarship in Vienna for his music school. He already prepared to play some song on it.

“Can you play your own song?” asked one of the evaluator on that audition.

Siwon took a deep breath, “this is a song that I made from someone that I love, that I only can wish to be happy wherever he is.”

Siwon closes his eyes, and all he can see is the face of 883213, smiling, and laughing. Then he played his song for him.

 

On the other hand, Kyuhyun is sitting in one of the room in the publishing office. In front of him is a Poland publisher that is looking for someone to work with their company in Poland.

“Do you have your own poem that you can share with us?” the publisher asked.

Kyuhyun startled at first, he prepared for this, but he still nervous about it.

“It’s okay, just relax.”

Kyu took a deep breath, “this is a poem that I made from someone that I love. Even the fate is playing with us, I just wish him to be happy.”

Kyu closes his eyes, and all he can see is the face of 867410, smiling, and laughing. The he read his poem for him.

***

After a week, Siwon got a call that he got the scholarship. So after that, he needs to packed up his thing to move to Vienna. After packing up for days, finally everything is done, and his stuffs are ready to shipped to Vienna.

He looked around at his almost empty apartment. Then he decided to open his phone book, took out the number from 883213 and sighed. After that he took out Hae’s number that he gave the other day and decided to call it.

“You’ve reached the answer machine from 77682448. If you have something to say, say it!” The answered machine said.

“It’s me. I’m going to move to Vienna in couple of days. I just thought that I’d call to let you know....”

-

After a week, Kyuhyun got a call from the publisher that he got the job. So then he packed everything to move to Poland. After packing up for days, finally everything is done, and his stuffs are ready to shipped to Poland.

He looked around at his almost empty apartment. And his eyes saw the number of 867410 and Hyuk’s number that he gave the other day. 867410’s number is still not visible. Then he decided to call Hyuk.

“This is 7783490! Leave your message!” The answered machine said.

“It’s me. I’m leaving to Poland in a couple of days. I just want to say goodbye...”

-

Later that night, Siwon see his phone machine has a message. Then he pressed play.

He suddenly hears one familiar voice, “It’s me. I’m leaving to Poland in a couple of days. I just want to say goodbye... There is actually something that I want to say, but since I don’t have any friends...”

 

Later that night, Kyuhyun see his phone machine has a message. Then he pressed play.

He suddenly hears one familiar voice, “It’s me. I’m going to move to Vienna in couple of days. I just thought that I’d call to let you know.... Actually, besides you I don’t really have any friends...”

 

“Lately, it’s been the same every day. I go out and stop somewhere, wait for an hour or maybe two. I just hope that he might pass by...”

 

“I’ve been acting like an idiot lately. I keep thinking if I cross the street, I’ll run into him. So I cross over, then I decided if I cross back over I’ll se him.”

 

“I thought maybe I could find him on the train, I went and go. I went to every station, stop in every station, from morning until evening.”

 

“One day I just had a feeling that maybe he is on a bookstore, so I went there. I wait... for two nights.”

 

“I’m tired. It’s better for me to go away, go overseas. At least there, he won’t be somewhere to my left or right.”

 

“If I go all the way to Vienna and somehow he is still near me, I guess I’ll be able to spot him since he’ll stand out in the crowd.”

 

“Maybe it’s just not the right time. When the time is right, that’s when we’ll see each other again. We already lost each other when I was 13 and he was 15, and that was 13 years ago, but we find each other again in the end. Maybe we’ll find each other again.”

 

“I know we’ve lost each other 13 years ago, but even if it’s another 13 years, it’ll still be wonderful when I see him again.”

 

“But even if it’s another 13 years, it’ll still be wonderful when I see him again. As long as I get to see him...”

 

“I just want to see 883213... Bye...”

 

Kyu who is listening to the message in the machine is already drowning with tears, he covered up his mouth, while his tears keep running nonstop like a river.

 

“I just really miss 867410.... Bye...”

 

Siwon is running after he hears the message stopped. He ran out from his apartment. He ran to the street, to the station, to everywhere. Everywhere that he can find his love, 883213. While yelling his student’s number in everywhere, he keeps running. He just wants to meet him. So bad.

 

Kyuhyun is running after he hears the message stopped. He ran out from his apartment. He ran to the bookstore, to the park, to everywhere. Everywhere that he can find the love of his live, 867410. While yelling his student’s number in every place, he keeps running. He just wants to meet him. So bad.

 

But in the end, both of them end up really exhausted. And still haven’t met each other.

 

Just a little bit more, said the destiny.

***

It’s today, said the destiny.

 

It’s the last day of Kyuhyun in Seoul, before his move to Poland. He checked one more time his empty apartment. He only left his phone on that apartment. He looks at it one more time, before decided to finally step out from his room.

 

It’s the last day of Siwon in Seoul, before his move to Vienna. He checked one more time his empty apartment. He only left his phone on that apartment. He looks at it one more time, before decided to finally step out from his room.

 

But a second later, Siwon came back to his room. He looks at the paper that 883213 gave him, it still can’t be seen, but he decided to try. He pushed the button of that number one by one.

 

A second later Kyu came back to his room. He looks at the phone, then his watch. He decided to wait one more time for one more minute.

 

Right when Siwon pressed the button one by one, he can feel the building is actually shaking.

 

Kyu try to keep his eyes on the watch, but the shaking building around him is distract him. However he still waits for one last minute.

 

The earthquake is getting stronger in every second, but Siwon decided to keep push the button.

 

The earthquake is getting stronger in every second, but Kyuhyun decided to keep waiting.

 

Then, right when it’s one minute, the phone is ringing. Kyuhyun picked it up immediately, trying to ignore that the whole building is shaking even more.

“Hello?” Kyu said.

“Hello?” Siwon said.

But the earthquake is getting worse. Kyuhyun hide under the table but still holding on the phone.

The ceiling of the apartment is starting to fall a piece by piece, making Kyuhyun can do nothing but screaming.

Siwon is also hide under the table, but still holding on the phone.

 

And that’s when fate happened. The wall between Kyu’s apartment and Siwon’s apartment fell. Making a big hole in the middle of it. It’s like the love god is tired by all the game that fate have been playing on them.

 

When he feels the earthquake is stopped, Kyu reached the phone again.

“Hello? Hello?” He asked desperately while standing up.

 

Siwon in the other hand also get up from under the desk.

“Hello? Hello?” He tried desperately.

 

And that’s when they saw each other through the new big hole between their apartments. Their eyes met, for the first time in months. Still can believe it is happening, but it is.

Siwon walks closer to the young man, he passed the big hole, then standing right in front of the 883213 that he really want to see since forever. He observes the pale boy, still stunning even with all the dust.

He was right, he will stand out in the crowd.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes are stuck to the figure in front of him. He observe it slowly, the man that taller than him, the man that he have been looking for forever, his 867410.

 

“I’m Choi Siwon.”

“Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

After all the waiting, after all the game that fate has been playing with them, Siwon finally can hug Kyuhyun. He pulls him as closer as he can, tightening his arms on Kyu’s back. Kyu return the hug also as strong as he can. He already crying, but it’s not the tears of sadness, it’s the tears of relieved and happiness.


***

It is a rainy Sunday in London. In one of the street, there are Siwon and Kyuhyun who are standing with another people, waiting for the red light. Kyuhyun is holding his red umbrella, while Siwon is holding his green umbrella. But what makes it different, their hands linked in to each other.

Siwon looks to the love of his life in these past 3 years still with the same smile. He moves his head a little bit and give Kyu’s lip a peck. Kyuhyun who is didn’t see that’s coming only can blush. Even after 3 years of their relationship, he still feels shy with things that Siwon did.

 

The green light turns to red, then they walk hand in hand. Together.


I'm sorry it took forever to finish this. I'm actually had a writer block, and since I majored in another language (not english), my english is getting worse because I've never praticed about it as often as before. Anyway, I want to finish this first before I continue on The Marriage. So, please leave a comment so I have spirit to write more and more.

Enjoy!

p.s: 

blue = Siwon

green = Kyu