2

Turn Left Turn Right

Siwon already try to call numerous numbers since this morning. All calls were wrong numbers. But Siwon didn't raised to be a quitter, he tries and tries again. Asking if it was 883213, but still, all the answers are no. He sighed, and coughed. With all headache and sore throat that he had, he still tries to see the numbers on that paper once again, then started to call another numbers again.

 

Kyu already try to call numerous numbers since forever. All his calls were went to a wrong number. All he needs asked was if it was 867410, but all the answers were no. He sighed while slumping his body to the couch. He tries to look at the number on the paper once again, but just like before, he found nothing. Kyu feel his body is getting warm from the fever, he wants to go to the doctor, but he can’t. Because he is afraid that if he leave the apartment, 867410 will call him. He sighed once again, and then started to call another number again.

-

The next day, the first thing that Siwon did is keep trying to call 883213. He tries to deny his fever that getting even worse today.

“Hello? Is it 883213?” Siwon asked.

“No. Wrong number. This is Sapphire Blue Restaurant.”

Click!

Siwon sighed, then tries to call another number again.

 

Kyu woke up in the next day with a sore throat and a fever, he also keeps sneezing which makes him even hard to breath. However, being stubborn he still tries to call 867410, ignoring his fever that keep getting worse in second.

“Excuse me, I’m looking for 867410?” Kyu asked.

“Wrong number! This is Sapphire Blue Restaurant.”

Click!

Kyu sighed, then tries to call another number again.

 

After calling some numbers, Siwon can’t ignore his stomach that craving for food. Since yesterday he barely get a proper sleep and a proper food. He knew that he already had nothing to eat in this apartment, and since he can’t go out, he tries to call some delivery.

“Hello?”

“You again? No, this is not 8845678.” Answered the voice on the other hand grumpily.

Siwon decided to let it go, he is too weak to have an argument, “do you deliver?”

“Yes. What do you want?”

“I’m sick. What should I eat?”

“How about chicken?”

“Fine.”

“Wait. Hold on.” Said the voice on the other hand once again.

 

Kyu try to call some numbers, but his hunger betrays him. He needs a proper food since he just ate instant noodle yesterday. Since he still wait for that call, and he is too weak to get out, he decided to call delivery.

“Hello?”

“Yes. Sapphire Blue Restaurant.”

“Do you deliver?”

“Yes. Hold on a sec.”

 

Meanwhile Donghae in some small restaurant are busy receiving the call from his customers.

“Yes. Hold on a sec.” He said, and back to the other line, to his first customer.

“Address?” Hae asked.

“Flat A, block four, 10 Hongneung-gil.” His customer answered weakly.

“Phone number?”

“7783490.” Hae write it down to post-it and then put it on the window near him.

“Okay.” He said, then back to the other line.

“What do you want to have?” Hae asked to his other customer.

“I’m sick. What should I eat?”

Hae sighed, “how about chicken?”

“Okay.”

“Address?”

“Flat B, block four, 10 Hongneung-gil.” His customer answered weakly.

“Phone number?”

“77682448.” He write down again in to post-it and then put it on the window.

“Okay.”

Click!

 

Hae walks back to the kitchen to take the chicken. While on the window two magical phone numbers are stucked side by side.

-

Hae knocks the door couple of times before someone with a muscular body but messy hair open it. He shocked at first with the sight, since the man in front of him is absolutely handsome even with all those sickness in his face.

“Delivery.” Hae said.

“Come in.” He said.

Hae walks slowly entering the apartment. His eyes can’t help but looking all over the place. His sight landed to the man’s violin and bunch of music sheet all over the room.

“Oh, a young musician.” Hae mumbled under his breath. He puts the food on the table next to him while still wandering the room.

“How much?” The man asked while looking for the money in his bag.

“That will be $120.”

The man keeps looking for something although the money is already in his hand. Hae can’t help but frowning his eyebrows. He keeps looking for that something with a panicked face. He walks towards him and picked up the food that he puts in the table before.

Finally the man sighed in relieved while picking up a piece of paper from the table.

“Here.” The man said while giving him the money.

“Why are you so serious looking for a scrap?” Hae can’t help but asked.

“It’s a phone number.” The man said while smiling to the paper.

Hae rolled his eyes, “by the way, can I get to the flat B from here?”

“No. You must go down and use the next entrance.” The man answered while still looking to the paper.

Hae walks back, before we closed the door, he still can see the man rubbing the paper slowly like it is the most important thing in his life.

 

Hae knocks the door couple of time before the young man behind the door invited him in. He walks in while looking to the apartment. There are a lot of books and papers here and there.

“How much?” The young man asked.

“That will be $120.”

While the young man is looking for the money, Hae’s sight landed to a piece of paper in the table. He can’t help but feeling confused also shocked with all the coincidence.

“Here. Thanks.” The young man said while giving him the money.

Hae took it, but his eyes still on that paper, “phone number?”

The young man’s eyes grow bigger from the excitement, “can you tell what’s in here?” He asked while handing him the paper.

“No way I can read that mess!” Hae answered while rolling his eyes.

The young man pouted and low his head, “maybe I’ll figure it soon.”

“You won’t. Just toss it.” Hae said once again then leaves the apartment, leaving the young man that keeps looking to the piece of paper like it is the most important thing in his life.

-

The next day, Hae gets another call from the flat A, block 4.

“Flat A, block 4? Still not getting better?” He asked.

“No. It’s getting worse.”

“Do you want to try fish?”

“Fine. I’ll have fish.”

“Okay.”

Before he turns to the kitchen another call arrived.

“Hello?”

“Yes. This is Sapphire Blue Restaurant.”

“I’m still sick. What should I eat?”

“Flat B, block 4?” Hae asked, remembered his customer’s voice.

“Want to try fish?”

“Fish? Fine. I’ll have fish.”

“Okay. I’ll get there.”

 

Before Hae went to the delivery the orders he took some medicine from the restaurant.

 

Hae walks again to the man’s apartment, while the man is looking for the money.

“Thanks.” The man said while giving him the money.

“Why don’t you go to the doctor?” Hae asked again.

He smiles a little, “I’m waiting for a call.”

“Huh.” He rolled his eyes, “why don’t you take some medicine?”

“I’m run out of it.”

Hae snorts before finally give him the medicine that he took from the restaurant, “here.” He said shyly.

Siwon looked at him shocked but also thankful, “how much?” He asked while taking the medicine.

“Don’t have to. I took it from the restaurant.”

“Thanks.” He said with a smile.

Donghae can’t help but also smile a little.

“Still haven’t figured the phone number yet?” Hae asked again.

His smile is getting even bigger while holding the paper.

“Who is it? Is it really important? Is it a girl? A boy?”

The man chuckled, “I don’t even know his name. All I know is his student’s number; 8845678. We met when we were child, and then we met again after all those years. I can’t believe now the rain washed this phone number.”

“Do you like him?”

The man is looking at him, while trying to stop smiling.

“You don’t even need to tell me, it’s all written all over you face.” Donghae said while rolling his eyes.

The man started to eat his dinner.

“By the way, do you know who lives on the next door?”

“You can’t deliver it from here. Don’t be lazy.”

Hae rolled his eyes, while peeking from the window. Checking if he can see the young man from the next building.

“Aren’t you curious?” Hae asked again.

The man only shook his head.

Hae can’t help but smirking, “good. The young man in the next door was such a weird. It’s better to never meet him!” He said, leaving Siwon frowns his eyebrows, confused.

Hae walks away from the apartment.

“Oh, I’m Donghae, by the way!” He said once again before leaving the apartment.

 

Hae came to the next apartment, walks behind the young man. While he is looking for the money, his sight landed to the paper in the table.

“Still haven’t figured it out yet?” Hae asked curiously.

The young man shook his head weakly.

“If he is looking for you, he will call you.”

“My number maybe also get washed by the rain. It was raining so hard that day.” The young man answered weakly while giving him the money.

Hae shrugs his shoulder then leave the apartment.

-

Siwon woke up in the middle of the night because he can’t properly breathe. His throat feels so sick that he can’t even stop coughing. He reaches the phone next to him, and calls an ambulance immediately.

“Help me. I’m having trouble breathing... I need an ambulance. Okay. Flat A, block four, 10 Hongneung-gil.... Thanks.”

He ends the call and waits under his blanket while his whole body is shaking lightly from the cold. When Siwon hears the ambulance’s siren right in front of the building, he stands up and starts gathering some of his things that he needs to bring to the hospital.

Then he waits again.

 

Kyuhyun woke up by the sound of someone knocking his apartment’s door.

“Excuse me, sir! Are you in there?” said someone out there.

Kyu opens his eyes weakly, and he found himself is not in his bed, but on the floor, while hugging the phone tightly. He walks weakly to the door, fighting the pain that getting even worse in his head and throat.

When he opens the door, he can see two men wearing white uniform while bringing gurney.

“Did you call for an ambulance?” One of them asked.

Kyu looks at them blankly, and he looks to the phone that in his hand. “I don’t know. Maybe. I can’t remember anything.” He said.

“Well, it must have been you.”

Kyu looks to both of them again, “wait, let me grab my things.”

-

In some hospital in Seoul, Kyu lays on one of the bed in the emergency room. He opens his eyes slowly, finding the doctor has been checking at him.

“What’s wrong? Where does it hurt?” He asked.

“I got caught in the rain, and I got bad cold. My throat... and head... It’s getting worse...”

While Kyu is trying so hard to explain with his aching throat, the doctor is only looking at him while moving his face closer and closer to Kyu’s.

Kyu got confused, but he continues to explain, “First fever, then chills...” He stopped.

“I know you!” That’s the only thing that came up from the doctor’s mouth after Kyu explained his sickness, making Kyuhyun is frowning his eyebrows, confused.

The doctor’s face is getting even excited, “you studied the foreign language, don’t you? We were in the same university! Remember me?”

Kyu is only looking at him, trying to remember the face.

“I was the one who jumped on you on your first day, with bouquet and screaming ‘SURPRISE!’ I’m Lee Hyukjae, remember?” The doctor, who happened to be Lee Hyukjae, said.

All the sudden memories of one of his worst day ever came to Kyu’s mind. He remembers it. It was really embarrassing, and yet scary.

“I remember. I was so scary that day, and I ran away.” Kyu said weakly.

Hyukjae seems embarrassed, “I was such a stupid and crazy boy that day.... By the way, you had fever, but you need to be hospitalized, in case it is pneumonia.”

Kyu immediately got up from the bed, “I don’t want to be hospitalized! I’m waiting for an important call.”

“What? You prefer a phone call rather than your own life?” Hyukjae asked while shaking his head lightly, “you have to be hospitalized. See? You even already packed your stuff.” He said while motioning the bag in Kyu’s hand.

“How long I need to stay?”

Hyukjae just let out a smirk, “until I won your heart.” He said with a wink. Kyu looks at him dumbfounded.

“Nurse! Next!” Then Hyukjae said again, while walking to the next room.

 

Siwon is laying in one of the bed in the emergency room. He can’t remember how he can be here. He can hears Donghae’s voice who is busy grumbling to the doctor.

“Where does it hurt?” The doctor asked.

“I got caught in the rain, and I got bad cold. My throat... and head... First fever, then chills...” He said weakly.

The doctor seems to write something on the paper, “it’s just fever. Wait outside, and I’ll write down the medicine.” He said.

Donghae is looking at the doctor shockingly, “no way! He needs to be hospitalized! What if it is pneumonia? If I didn’t step in, he might be dead! He called for an ambulance, but it never came! He even already packed his stuff! He needs to be hospitalized!!”

“Hospitalized him? So anyone who shows up with suitcase can just move in here?” The doctor seems annoyed.

“What? You call you self doctor!? You call this is hospital!? Fine! Give me your name and I’ll sue this of you!” Donghae said again while trying to look to the doctor’s name tag in his white coat.

The doctor immediately tries to cover the name tag, but Hae is quick enough.

“So, Lee Hyukjae, huh?” Hae said mockingly.

The doctor, who happened to be Lee Hyukjae, is suddenly being terrified, “fine! You can stay! Stay as long as you want! Next!”

 

Later in the hallway of the hospital, two nurses is busy moving the patient’s bed to each of their room, which is actually side by side. Both of those patients are hugging their bag tightly while closing their own eyes, maybe thinking about happy things.

While the nurse is checking the infusion, Siwon is looking to the hospital’s ceiling. He can hear Donghae is telling him about things, but he doesn’t even care. The only thing that in his mind; what if 883213 call?

Once when he no longer hears Hae is talking about something, he looks at him and handed him his apartment’s key.

“Can you hook up my answering machine at my apartment?” Siwon asked weakly.

Hae is sighing, while looking at him half annoyed half disappointed. However, he takes the key. “Fine.”

 

While the nurse is checking the infusion and other things, Kyuhyun is looking to the ceiling. He can hears Hyukjae is telling him about his life, or something, but he doesn’t even care. The only thing that in his mind is; what if 867410 call?

Once when he hears Hyukjae finish his story, he looks at him and handed him his apartment’s key.

“Can you hook up my answering machine at my apartment?” Kyu asked weakly.

Hyukjae is looking at him confused, “what phone call that can be this important? Is it from you parents? Your boyfriend?” He waits for Kyu’s answer, “someone you’ve got crush on?” He asked again.

This time Kyu nods his head lightly.

Hyukjae took the key while looking at Kyu half annoyed half disappointed. “Fine.” He said the walks out from the room.

 

Once Hyukjae is out of the room, his mood is even get worse when he met the previous man that about to sue him. Both of them are looking into each other eyes with anger.

***

After 3 days staying at the hospital, Siwon finally can go home. Donghae is also helping him to get home. He enters his apartment, and immediately got shocked by the view. His apartment is no longer clean just like before. The sheet is a mess, and he trash here and there.

While still shocked by the view, Hae step in and start to tidy the room.

“I came to your apartment last night, to watch football. I didn’t have to tidy up. I don’t know you can go home today.”

Siwon walks to his bed and found a piece of sweatpants that he sure is not his.

“Did you sleep here?” Siwon asked while handing Hae the sweatpants.

Hae stops cleaning up the trash, he takes his sweatpants.

“Did you SLEEP here?” Siwon repeated his question.

“What’s the big deal? You gave me the key so I can come here!” Hae defended himself.

“I gave you the key so you can get me a message machine!” Siwon said. Annoyingly he walks to the answer machine and push the button play.

“You've reached the answer machine. My man is not home, please leave message.”

Siwon is totally shocked with what he just heard, his answering machine with Donghae’s voice and the worst part is he said; my man!

“MY MAN???”

Hae in the other said trying not to look wrong, “I love you.” He said out of nowhere.

Siwon is looking at him dumbfounded, he rubs his hands roughly to his face. While Hae is walking closer to Siwon, still with the stubborn face.

“I want to be your boyfriend!” He said.

Siwon snaps his head, looking at Hae still shocked and annoyed. However, considering all helps that Hae gave to him, he decided to let this one go.

“How this thing works? How to change it?” Instead of replying Hae’s stupid confession, Siwon turn to the answering machine.

Hae who is suddenly got annoyed because Siwon didn’t even bother to his sudden conffesion, looking at the man angrily. “I’ll never tell you!” He said then back cleaning up the room.

 

Kyuhyun came back to his apartment after staying at the hospital for about 3 days. However once when he enters his apartment, he suddenly stop with the view. There are clothes on his bed, which he sure remembers is not his clothes. He covers his mouth from screaming. He can hear the sound from the bathroom, he walks slowly.

“Who is it?” Kyu asked.

The water sound in the bathroom is still heard for a while. Kyu asked again, then the water sound stopped. He waits while walk closer to the bathroom.

“SURPRISE!” And a second later Kyu can see Hyukjae is standing in front of him with only towel wrapped around his waist.

“What are you doing??” Kyu asked confusedly.

“Taking a shower.” Hyukjae said while walking to the room. Kyu followed him from behind, still confused.

“In my apartment?”

“You faucet is leaking. I fixed it, and I got sweaty. So, I took a shower.”

Kyu just stare at him while blinking his eyes.

“By the way, I installed you answer machine.” Hyukjae said the pressed the play button on the recording machine.

“You’ve reached the answer machine. My wife is not home. So, please leave a message.”

Kyu is totally shocked with what he just heard. Hyukjae’s voice, in his answering machine, and the worst part is, he said; my wife.

“MY WIFE???”

“Wait and see.” Hyukjae walks to the other site of the room, while Kyu is busy to push any button on the answer machine, trying to delete that recording.

“How this thing works??? Where is the manual??”

While in the other hand Hyukjae came with a bucket of red rose.

“Surprise!!!!”

“The moment I saw you in the university, I knew you were my first love. The moment I saw you at the hospital, I knew again you were my first love!” Hyukjae said excitedly.

“But I don’t have feelings for you!”

“Yes you have! Come on, be my boyfriend. I love you.” Hyukjae said again, leaving Kyu looked at him dumbfounded.

-

After getting tire of Hyukjae’s confession, Kyuhyun decided to leave his apartment. Now he is standing at the park that he met 867410. They planned to remodel the park, so they decided to take the fountain and replace it with a store. He looks from far, sighing when they took the ducks that have been the symbol of that fountain.

His memories came back to the day they met in that fountain. How silly things actually match them.

 

Siwon decided to leave Hae clean up his apartment after he can’t stand his grumble. Now he is standing at the park that once he met 883213. They planned to remodel the park, so they decided to take the fountain and replace it with a store. He looks at it from far, sighing when they took the ducks that have been the symbol of that fountain.

His memories came back to the day they me in that fountain. How silly things actually match them.

-

Hyukjae is laying on Kyu’s bed while still with only a towel wrapped around his waist. He keeps thinking how Kyu is not even bother with his feeling. He sighed and walks to the answering machine.

He records the new one, “You’ve reached the answer machine from 77682448. If you have something to say, say it!”

 

Hae is still cleaning up the trash that he leave in Siwon’s apartment, while his mind is keep thinking how Siwon’s feeling is apparently stucked with that boy that he even didn't know his name, only his student number. He stops cleaning up then walks to the answering machine.

He records the new one, “This is 7783490! Leave your message!” 

tbc


I said one/two shot, but it turns out it's gonna be 3. I'm sorry for the late update.

Enjoy <3