5

Do What You Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae Hee’s POV

I settle in for what will definitely be a boring English lecture. I was born and raised in America until I was 8 years old, so it’s safe to say that I’m pretty good at English. Just like I predicted the lesson was so boring that I actually fell asleep.

"Leave me aloneeee," I shake off the person’s hand that dared to interrupt my nap, but they just return their hand onto my shoulder and commence to shake it vigorously. They succeed in waking me up but I feel like some abused bobblehead.

"Tae Heeeee." It's Jungkook's voice.

"What do you want Jungkook?" Annoyed and grumpy about being woken up I glare at him through the strands of orange hair covering my face. I rub the sleep away from my eyes with the back of my hand like a cat. When people first meet me they say I look like a cute little kitten. After they actually get to know me they tell me that I resemble more of a lion with a fiery orange mane to match my attitude.

"Just wanted to let you know it was lunchtime. But since you don't care...", he tries to be nonchalant but fails when the small smile on his face turns into a wide grin as he sees my reaction.

My eyes shoot up to his face, "LUNCH!"I was definitely awake now. Lunch was my favorite subject and eating was my number one hobby. "What are we still doing here then?!?"

I grab his hand and am about to race out of the English room when I hear someone giggle behind me. I turn around to see Kim Ari’s small frame shaking with laughter and Jungkook laughing beside her. How did he get all the way over there?

"What's so funny? Do I have drool on my face or something?" I scrub the area by my lips trying to wipe away the source of their laughter.

Ari recovers first, "No. It's just that you grabbed Jihoo’s hand."

What is she talking--  I look down to see I’m linked to a boy with a bowl cut and thick Harry Potter glasses perched on his bright red tomato colored cheeks. "Omo!" I quickly let go of his hand and bow, not able to hide my embarrassment.

"Mianhe Jihoo."  I right myself just in time to watch him trip on his way through the door.

"Why didn't you stop me?" I ask when Jungkook throws his arm around my shoulder still laughing at my stupidness. We walk out of the classroom towards the lunchroom, barely noticing Ari isn't following us.

"Troublemaker! Where are you going? The cafeteria is this way." Jungkook yells to Ari who is walking in the opposite direction of the lunchroom.

She turns around with a startled expression, then looks around as if she is trying to buy time, “Uhh... I have to go... check out a book at the library! But I’ll see you guys later!” she waves then runs down the hallway and around the corner.

It’s obvious she's lying but it’s none of my business so I just shrug and turn back around.

“Oh.. okay then,” Jungkook mumbles. I can tell he is disappointed, it's written all over his face. I pinch his cheek and yelp when he grabs my sides jumper cabling me in retaliation.

I wonder where she's really going.

    Ari’s POV

Okay, so I lied about the whole library thing but the thought of eating in the lunchroom doesn’t really appeal to me. I really just want to eat by myself and read my book alone. I don't have the energy to deal with the rowdy lunchroom or go through the awkwardness of having to find a place to sit as the lonely new kid at school. In the morning I remembered running past a courtyard on the ground floor which seems like the best place to eat my lunch. To get to the courtyard, I have to pass by the music and dance department but I slowly take my time, finally getting a good look at this massive school.

I observe the music notes and the silhouettes of dancers that decorate the walls as I walk. I trace my finger along the body of the dancer and it feels like I can actually hear the music that the dancer is dancing to. But then I remember that's absurd and if I could then that would mean I’m insane. I shake my head but the music keeps playing. As I walk further down the hall I realize the music is actually coming from one of the practice rooms. I’m surprised I didn't recognize the song earlier, “Wet the Bed” by Chris Brown, which used to be my favorite song to dance and listen to.

The door is slightly ajar so I can see into the room and view its contents. In the middle of the room, there is a boy dancing, his face covered by a hat. I find myself gawking at him, the way he moves purely mesmerizing.

He dances like every move matters like his life depends on every step he takes. He radiates confidence and passion, I can tell from how effortless his movements are that he loves dancing. He even laughs when he stumbles and messes up the steps. Unlike me... he gets back up.

I can see why people call dancing art now. Because this boy is Picasso, Van Gogh, and DaVinci rolled up in one. He has mastered the art of dancing.

I want to dance with him someday.

The thought is so abrupt yet I know with every fiber of my being that it is true. My trance is broken once the music stops and so does he. He doubles over panting and flops down onto the floor with a huge satisfied chuckle as if he didn't just murder that choreography. Dancing seems so effortless and easy for him.

In one quick fluid movement, he lifts up the corner of his black shirt in order to wipe the swea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter