The confession.

A Valentine's Day Confession.

Kyungsoo sat in the music room and sighed. It was almost Valentine’s Day and he needed a way to confess to Saera. He hated the idea of confessing via notes. He likes to confess with songs. He looked out the door and saw Baekhyun walking with Luhan and Chen. “Baekhyun!” he called, running toward them. The three of them stopped walking and looked at him. “Hey Kyungsoo.” Luhan greeted, ruffling his hair. Kyungsoo caught his breath before speaking. “There is going to be a school carnival on Valentine’s Day and I want to confess to someone and I was thinking that you could help me” he explained. Baekhyun looked at Chen then back at Kyungsoo. “What is it you need help with?” He asked. Kyungsoo looked at him and gulped. “Help me sing a song to … her” Kyungsoo smiled. Baekhyun smiled back at him and nodded “Let’s start then” He cheered, walking into the music room with Kyungsoo, Chen and Luhan.

“Guys, where is Kyungsoo?” Saera asked. Chanyeol shrugged. “He didn’t come to the first two classes this morning” Kai sighed. Saera pouted and sat next to her older brother, Sehun. “Funny, Baekhyun, Luhan and Chen didn’t come to class either” Sehun said. Saera and Kai looked at each other. “They weren’t … ditching class were they?” she asked. Kai shook his head. “Those guys wouldn’t miss a lesson.” Kai said. “Don’t worry Saera, they are fine.” Sehun said, patting her head. Chanyeol straightened up his back and got his phone out. “I’ll call them” he announced as he pushed the numbers in and called Kyungsoo. The four of them waited for an answer. “Hello?” Kyungsoo asked. Suddenly, everyone’s attention went straight toward the phone. “Where were you during this morning’s classes?” Kai asked. Saera waited for his answer. “I … is Saera there?” he asked. Kai and Chanyeol looked at Saera. “Yeah, she is” Sehun spoke up. Kyungsoo sighed over the phone. “Can you send her away? She can’t hear it. The reason is kind of private” he whispered. Saera nodded. “I’ll leave. See you guys later” she muttered as she slung her bag around her shoulder and walked off. Sehun sighed and gulped. Chanyeol put the phone on loud speaker again. “What is it that’s so private?” he asked, annoyed that he sent his sister away. Kyungsoo sighed. “The reason why we didn’t attend the first two morning classes was because we were writing a song for the carnival... in other words, I’m planning on confessing.”

School ended early and Saera sighed. She walked to Sehun’s locker and told him that she would be walking home alone. She was still trying to figure out why Kyungsoo had sent her away. She walked out of the school and began to walk home. She hated being told to go away by her friends. It broke her heart and it made her feel terrible. “It’s between them; I shouldn’t get myself into in to it. It’ll make me a bad friend.” She whispered to herself. She held on tighter to her bag strap as she walked down the street. “He probably doesn’t trust me enough to tell me about it.” She pouted and continued to walk down the street. “Why are you talking to yourself?” a familiar voice asked which alarmed Saera. She stopped walking and sighed. “Kyungsoo, this time, I’m telling you to go away” she said without turning around. “I’m guessing you are still mad over what I said at lunch time.” He muttered. Saera began to feel angry. “Kyungsoo, go away. I don’t want to talk to you.” She said, storming off. Kyungsoo’s heart broke and he decided to run after her.

“Saera just stop!” he yelled. Saera turned around and looked at him. “You obviously don’t understand the meaning of I don’t want to talk to you, do you, Kyungsoo?” she asked. Kyungsoo sighed. “Saera if you could just listen.” He begged. “Listen to what? Listen to you say those terrible words again?” she asked. Kyungsoo couldn’t believe what was going on. He couldn’t understand why Saera was getting angry. “Saera, I’m not going to say those terrible words to you. What I had to say was between Sehun, Chanyeol, Luhan, Chen, Baekhyun, Kai and I. But if I tell you, it’ll ruin the surprise” he explained. Saera looked at him, feeling confused. “What surprise?” she asked. Kyungsoo showed a small smile. “Don’t worry, you’ll find out what it is.” He said. Saera sighed and rolled her eyes. “You seriously don’t trust me do you?” she asked. Kyungsoo looked at the floor and then back at Saera. “I do trust you … just not with this.” He said. Saera looked at him and sighed. “You’re a jerk, Kyungsoo.” She muttered. Kyungsoo looked at her. “Saera, promise me that you will wait until the 14th of February.” He said as he hug her. Saera felt her face go warm. “I’ll see you later” Kyungsoo said as he pulled away from the hug and walked off. Saera stood blankly as she watched him leave. What does he mean by ‘just wait until 14th February’?

Days passed and it was already the 13th of February – the day before Valentine’s Day and Kyungsoo’s confession. He was busy rehearsing with Baekhyun, Chen and Luhan. Things were getting intense. Kyungsoo wanted things to be perfect while the others were getting tired. “Can’t we just go home? We’ve been at this for the past few days.” Chen complained. Kyungsoo snapped him a look and Chen felt intimidated. “Sorry” he muttered. The four of them got up and went to their microphone stands and began to sing. As they rehearsed, Hyerin walked past the music room and her eyes widened. “Oh my god” she gasped as she looked at who was singing. “What are they doing?” she whispered to herself as she continued watching. She got her phone out of her pocket and took pictures of them. She listened closely to the lyrics and gasped again. “This isn’t a confession song, is it?” she asked. As they came to an end, Hyerin smiled and walked away. “That was nice. I must tell Saera!” she said as she ran to find Saera.

“Saera!” Hyerin yelled as she ran toward her. Saera looked over at her and smiled. “Hey, what’s up?” she asked. Hyerin caught her breath and gulped before talking. “I think someone is going to confess to someone on Valentine’s Day” she said all in one go. Saera looked at her, trying to comprehend what she just said. “Who?” She asked. Hyerin tried to remember who was singing. “Chen… Baekhyun … Luhan and I think Kyungsoo was there too.” She said. Suddenly, it came to Saera. Everything that happened between her and Kyungsoo during the past few days was so much clearer now. Kyungsoo likes me. “I have to go” she said. Hyerin watched as she left. “Was it something I said?” she muttered to herself.

Saera went to the music room and found Kyungsoo sitting at the piano alone. She took in a breath before walking in. “Kyungsoo, we need to talk.” She said. Kyungsoo turned to look at her. “Hey” he greeted. Saera sighed. “Kyungsoo, I know” she announced. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He stood up from his chair and sighed. “You weren’t supposed to know until tomorrow” he whispered. Saera sighed. “I just can’t believe you” she whispered. “Saera, I just didn’t know how to tell you.” He sighed. Suddenly, a smile appeared on Saera’s face, shocking Kyungsoo. “You should have told me sooner” she muttered as she hugged him. “Wait what?” he asked, releasing the hug. “I know you are going to be confessing to someone tomorrow” Saera replied. “Whoever she is, she sure is lucky” she cheered. Kyungsoo’s heart broke. “Yeah, she is a lucky girl, pretty too.” He said. Saera continued to smile. “Can I just know who it is?” she asked. Kyungsoo’s heart nearly jumped out of his chest. “Uh… she’s … just a very close friend of mine.” He said, smiling. Saera looked at him, still smiling. “Good luck, Kyungsoo!” she cheered as she left the music room. Kyungsoo sat down on the chair and sighed. “If only she knew it’s her.” He muttered.

The next day, it was Valentine’s Day. Kyungsoo, Luhan, Chen and Baekhyun were putting the finishing touches on the song before the performance. Saera, Sehun and Hyerin were on their way to the school carnival, ready to see all the Valentine’s Day performances. “I’m so nervous for Kyungsoo!” Saera sighed. Hyerin and Sehun looked at her, confused. “What’s with the sudden mention of Kyungsoo?” Sehun asked. Saera looked at Sehun and smiled. “Kyungsoo is going to confess to someone today” she smiled. Sehun turned to look forward and thought back to when Kyungsoo said he was going to confess to his younger sister. “Good luck man” he muttered. “So that’s who is confessing!” Hyerin said, clapping her hands. Saera nodded. “I wonder who she is though” Hyerin thought. Saera looked at her. “He said that she is one of his close friends” Saera said. The two girls thought for a minute. “It’s probably Minah. Have you seen the way he looks at her when she is talking to him? It’s so adorable” Hyerin smiled. Saera thought. “Or maybe it’s Jihyun. They are always sitting next to each other in Art.” Saera thought. “Or maybe it could be you, Saera” Sehun interrupted. Saera and Hyerin went silent. “Sehun, you’re talking nonsense.” Saera said, patting his back, walking in front of him.

As they entered the school, the school courtyard was decorated in pink, white and red. There were stands and game booths and on the oval, there was a stage. People were already beginning to get to the stage, aiming to get a good look at the performances. “Whoa! This is so amazing!” Hyerin and Saera cheered as they saw everything. Sehun smiled. He got a message from Kyungsoo. It read ‘are you guys at the school yet?’ Sehun quickly replied ‘yeah, just entered, I’ll come to see you guys.’ He tucked his phone back in his pocket. “Hey guys, I’m going to see where Kyungsoo is, just wander around. I’ll meet you at the stage.” He said before leaving.

“Hey, I’m here” Sehun announced as he entered the room. Kyungsoo looked at him. “You guys okay?” Sehun asked. Kyungsoo’s leg was shaking and he shook his head. “I’m so nervous” he said. Sehun sat next to him and patted him on the back. “Everything is going to be fine, I promise” Sehun comforted. Kyungsoo shook his head. “How can you guarantee something is going to be okay?” he asked. Sehun smiled. “Kyungsoo, how much do you like my sister?” he asked. Kyungsoo gulped. “A lot” he muttered. Sehun continued to smile. “You’ve gone out of your way to do this for her. My sister is the luckiest girl on earth right now because she is having a guy like you, confessing to her. Any girl would kill to be confessed the way you are confessing to Saera.” Kyungsoo smiled. “Thanks man” he thanked. “Now go get the girl.”

Kyungsoo had some time to kill before the concert. He decided to spend it with Saera. He approached her and smiled. “Sehun, do you mind if I spend some time with Saera before I have to go get ready for the concert?” he asked. Sehun smiled and nodded. “Sure.” He agreed. Saera looked at Hyerin, feeling confused. She mouthed what is going on? Sehun watched as she watched Kyungsoo take Saera away. Hyerin leaned to Sehun. “Why did he take her away?” she asked. Sehun turned to look at her and smiled. “Saera is the one Kyungsoo is confessing to.” He whispered. Hyerin’s eyes widened. “Kyungsoo likes Saera?!!” she yelled. Sehun put his hand over . “You can’t tell anyone.” He said, locking eyes with Hyerin.

Kyungsoo and Saera sat on the oval together. They just finished playing games and Kyungsoo won a big, pink, fluffy teddy bear for Saera. “Thanks for this” she thanked. Kyungsoo admired her as she showed how happy she was. He liked her when she at her happiest. “You look pretty today” he commented. Saera stopped looking at the toy and brought her attention to Kyungsoo. “You really think so?” she asked, blushing. Kyungsoo nodded. Saera wanted to hug him but thought it would be a bad idea since she knew that he liked another girl. It was awkward for a little bit until she decided to finally speak up. “So, can you tell me about the girl you like?” she asked, trying her hardest to make conversation. Kyungsoo looked at her and nodded. “She has long brown hair, she is incredibly nice, when I see her smile, and it makes my day. When I’m with her, I feel happy. I feel like I have no worries at all. She makes me feel like a whole new different person. She has an older brother and he is super protective of her but I know he accepts me… I’m just not sure if she will though.” He explained. Saera looked at him. “She sounds beautiful. I hope she accepts you… whoever she is.” Saera smiled. Kyungsoo nodded. She is beautiful. “So when are you performing?” she asked, changing the subject completely. Kyungsoo looked at his watched and gasped. “In 10 minutes! I have to go!” he said, getting up. Saera looked at him and smiled. “Good luck.”

“For today’s entertainment, we have Kyungsoo, Chen, Baekhyun and Luhan performing. Please make them welcome!” the principle cheered, making the crowd clap. Hyerin and Sehun were already in the crowd, waiting for Saera to arrive back. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Chen and Luhan walked on the stage and everyone clapped. As they walked onto the stage, Kyungsoo scanned the sea of students for Saera. He sighed when he didn’t see her. They got up to the microphones. “Hi everyone, this song is dedicated to a special girl. I hope you enjoy.” Kyungsoo said before the music started. The music began and the boys began to sing.(a/n: listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se00ErAr8jc

Lying beside you, here in the dark

Feeling your heart beat with mine

Softly you whisper, you're so sincere

How could our love be so blind?

We sailed on together

We drifted apart

And here you are by my side

 

So now I come to you, with open arms

Nothing to hide, believe what I say

So here I am with open arms

Hoping you'll see what your love means to me

Open arms

 

Saera heard the music and walked slowly toward the stage. She saw Sehun and Hyerin and immediately walked to them but she was mesmerized by the performance. Hyerin looked at Sehun then back at Saera. “She seems captivated.” She whispered. Sehun nodded. “She does” he smiled. Saera looked at Kyungsoo who was scanning the sea of students for her. His heart skipped a beat when he saw her and he smiled, causing her to smile back. Hyerin and Sehun were still watching Saera. Hyerin looked at Sehun and gulped then she looked away. It’s probably not the right time.

 Living without you, living alone

This empty house seems so cold

Wanting to hold you, wanting you near

How much I wanted you home

 

But now that you've come back

Turned night into day

I need you to stay.

 

So now I come to you, with open arms

Nothing to hide, believe what I say

So here I am with open arms

Hoping you'll see what your love means to me

Open arms.

 

The song came to an end and everyone was cheering, everyone except for Saera. She was still captivated. As everyone cheered, Kyungsoo stepped down from the stage and walked straight to Saera. Hyerin and Sehun continued to watch, anticipating what was going to happen. Saera snapped back into reality when she noticed that Kyungsoo was standing in front of her. “That was great.” She cheered. A smile popped on Kyungsoo’s face. “Did she accept?” she asked. Kyungsoo shrugged. “She hasn’t exactly told me, but I’m hoping she’ll accept.” He smiled, tucking the loose hair behind Saera’s ear. She gulped. Her smiled faded when she realized who he was talking about. “Kyungsoo, you like me?” she asked, her voice barely a whisper. Kyungsoo nodded. Saera’s heart skipped a beat. “Do you feel the same way?” he asked. Saera looked into Kyungsoo’s eyes and she nodded. “I feel the same way.” She smiled. Kyungsoo smiled and pulled her in to a kiss. After the kiss, Kyungsoo hugged Saera and held her closely. “Thank you for accepting my confession.”