Can You Hear Me?

Can You Hear Me?

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Ack! Ouch! Ergh... those stupid jocks. Always bumping into others just because they're bigger and dumber than normal people! Excuse me! Don't you see me here!!!

 

 


Oh right... I'm invisible... nevermind, I apologize. It's not totally your fault. I keep forgetting people can't see me...

Hahh,  first class is English Literature. I actually like that class. When I was younger my mother told me that my English was very good. I would always say things like, 'I love you mom!' or 'Thank you very much!' on a daily basis. However, I stop my English speaking habit when she stab my dad in the chest saying things like 'how dare you cheat on me!' and then killing herself afterwards... I never talked in English since.
Actually, I haven't said anything in a while. How long has it been? Two years? Three? I don't even remember.

 

"Alright everyone!!! Sit down!!! Today I would like to introduce someone that will be joining our class from now on!!!" shout the teacher, Mr. Goon. "Come in." he utters waving for someone at the door to walk in. I wonder if it's a boy or girl. If it's a girl then more than half the class wouldn't bother to take another look, considering they're all girls. If it's a boy than there's going to be another candidate to prey on. Our school is 75% girls since two years ago, it used to be an all girls' school.
Leisurely, the gasping and squealing of the girls start to raise within the classroom. Boy...

 

"Uwahh!!! He's cute!" someone loudly whisper, or rather purposely said out. The guys moan in annoyance and lean back in their chairs.

 

"He's number one my list now!" I hear someone laughs from behind me. Geez, people calm down. It's just another human being.

 

"I would love to get with that~"

 

"Psh, just another pretty face. Nothing special here."
 

"He's hot. Maybe I should skip out on my date later and hang with him instead."

 

"He looks just like a singer!"

 

"This guy ain't got nothing on me!" a guy mutters.

 

"Introduce yourself. Say you name and something you enjoy doing." the teacher says. The girls' eyes glitter with excitment. Gosh everyone... I watch as he turns to face the class and smiles. Badump. W-what the heck? What's with the heartbeat?

 

"Hello everyone, my name and Kim Myung Soo. I will be joining this class as of today and... my favorite thing to do is..." he pauses and looks up at the ceiling as if he had to think really hard about it. He for another minute which felt like forever. Is this guy slow or something...
The girls quickly take out their pens and notebook to jot it down.
"Well I guess my most favorite thing to do right now is watch ." he informs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What?! P-?!
Okay this guy is seriously weird! Like even weirder than me, someone who haven't said anything in about two and a half years; even though I can talk perfectly fine!

Most of the pens that was ready for writing, drop down onto the tiling floor below as all the guys in the room burst into laughter.

 

"What a !"

 

"Ew! His face doesn't go with his words at all!" they scream.

 

"ert?!"

 

"Pycho?"

 

"My kind of friend!!!"

 

"I still wouldn't mind."

 

"All guys watch , what's wrong with it?"

 

"O-ok enough. G-go to any open seat." the teacher stutters and fixes his glasses back into place. The strange guy smiles and makes his way down the aisle of laughter.
O-open seat?! Wait! I turn to my left and see an abandon seat. I turn to my right and see another one. W-wait! It's not my fault no one ever sits beside me!!!

 

"Hello, do you mind if I take this seat?" I jerk back and slowly look up. He was smiling again. Yes!!! I mind! I slowly shake my head no. "Alright then..." he smiles and sits onto the chair. I can't believe I'm sitting next to p-o guy! 
I squeeze my hands together and slowly exhale. 


"He's sitting next to mute girl?"

"Those seats are always empty, finally someone takes it."

"They look funny together."
S-some people are looking... I hate attention. 

 

"Uwahh it's kind of dusty. No one ever sits by you huh?" Myung Soo blurts.
What?
"Wow there's even a piece of paper here, dated from last year!" I lower my head and totally blank out.
 Shut up.
"Hey... it must be lonely right?" he whispers.
Shut up!!!
"Whao, the other one beside you is dusty and empty as well!"
Shut up!!! Stop talking to me!!!
"I see... You have no friends..."
Someone make him stop!!!
"It's not good to stay quiet like that. Maybe that's why you don't have any friends."
ARGHH!!! I quickly turn to him.
You know nothing about me!!! I may be alone but I'm never lonely!!! I just met you three minutes ago and you're giving me a lecture?! How rude are you?!
He was leaning his chin on his palm, watching me like some sort of entertainment. Geez, people like you really irritate me! Go and get a brain examine for that erted mind of yours!!!

"Your eyes are really red right now, are you ok?" he points out. Huh?! I pause for a second. Ahh! My whole face is heating up! This isn't like me! I need to calm down... I quickly turn away. That was the first time I even looked anyone in the eyes for that long!!! Ekkk, he's leaning in closer!!!
"Hey, what size bra do you wear? Your s looks pretty big." he asks. Ah... GAHHHHHHHH-

"AHHHH!!!" I scream and stand up.
H-how erted are you?! Asking me something like that on the first day I met you!!! You are so rude and disgusting!!! You seriously need to take that dirty attitude of yours and stick it up your-

"Suzy? I-is there something wrong?" Ah? I quickly turn to the teacher. My eyes widen and I instantly close my open mouth. I- I- I screamed just now, right? I- Wha- This- I-

 

"Did you hear her voice?"

 

"Did she just made a noise?"

 

"She knows how to talk?" everyone whisper among themselves. No!

 

"What a weirdo!"

 

"Is she doing that to get attention?"
No! I slightly shake my head. No! S-stop looking at me!

 

"Suzy?" the teacher mumbles. Don't give me those look! Stop staring! My hands unconsciously fly over my ears. Everyone be quiet! I shut my eyes and slightly crouch over my desk.

 

"I think she's crazy."

 

"What is she doing?"

 

"She needs help."

 

"I hear that when she was little she talked in Japanese."

 

"Something is wrong with her."

 

"She needs medical care."

 

"Ew look at how sweaty she's getting!"

 

"That girl have always been quiet, I didn't think she was even breathing."

 

"Why is she shaking her head like a madman!"

 

"Who is she?"

 

"This girl has a lot of issues."

 

"Someone make her stop."
S-stop... everyone... teacher... help...

 

"God, having this muted and weird girl in my class is such a hassle. What's the point of having her in an English class if she doesn't even talk? Such a bother. Please just go to the nurse office or something." Badump!

 

Eh? My heart pounded really hard against my chest. I shot my eyes open and find everyone looking at me. No...
"Suzy, are you alright? Do you want to head to the nurse's office?" No...
Badump! Badump!
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No one can hear me...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I'm sorry!" someone suddenly shouts. I slightly jump and turn to my left. "I'm sorry but I asked her a really erted question! I think she needs to go to the nurse's office!" Myung Soo shouts. Heh?

"O-oh... go ahead?" the teacher exhales.
Huh? What the heck? Why would I go to the nurse's office for something like tha- AHHH!!! Swiftly, I was taken off my feet.

"Then, I'll be right back." Myung Soo says and walks out of the classroom... CARRYING ME IN HIS ARMS!!! Wait! Wait!

"W-wait! Myung Soo why are you going too?!" I hear the teacher shout. Then after three seconds of silence the whole classroom was in an uproar.

 

"The new guy just carried the mute girl out!"

 

"Huh? Are they a pair?!"

 

"He just carried her out like a priness!"

 

"Ahhh!!! I want that to happen to me too!!! Eeee!"

 

"Why'd he have take her to the nurse's office, for saying something erted?"

 

"Nothing makes sense..."
THIS IS NOT MAKING SENSE!!! I swing my arms and legs outward to get out of his grasp.  W-why is he carrying me like this?! O-ow! He's squeezing too tightly onto my arm. Put me down! Put me down!!! I can walk, you know!
I was too embarass to look at his face as he suddenly stops in the middle of the hallway. Huh?

"If you don't want me to drop you then stop moving ." the tone of his voice suddenly changed. I was shock to see this side of him. Eep! T-that scared me. I stop moving in all and look away. "Good girl." He sighs and continues down the hall. W-what... This guy was just so goofy minutes ago and now he's all serious?
"Oh right, where's the nurse
's office?" He asks out of nowhere. If you don't know where it is then why'd you volunteer to take me? I blush and shyly point to the left. "Oh, down that way? Thanks!" Why would he thank me? He's the one going out of his way to help me. But it is his fault we're in this weird position!
Myung Soo was focus on walking straight ahead, but I couldn't focus on anything else except him. I guess he can be kind too...
Badump!

He looks down at me and smile. I quickly look away.
"Even though I look very STRONG and very HANDSOME! You mustn't fall for me ok? Hahaha!!!" he laughs. I blush and cover my face with my hands.
No I take that back. This guy is a total freak.

I kept silent as he actually made it all the way to the nurse's office. When we got there he told the nurse that I had to rest my head due him asking me for my bra size. Trust me, I shook my head no like crazy, but his craziness led her to agree letting me use one of the bed. Many odd events are happening to me today! And first hour hasn't even ended yet!
I look to my right and sigh. And why is he sitting next to my bed?! He can leave now that I'm resting...
I was sitting on the bed, totally not feeling like lying down.
"Are you feeling well?" he asks. I dare not turn to him, but nod yes. You can return to class now! This is just awkward! I slowly start to hide my face from his view. Gosh, why does he keep looking at me? Wait! Is he just wasting time here so he can skip class? I face him. So you are a delinquent after all!
"Your name is Suzy right?" he asks. Eh? I nod him another yes. "Are you mute?" he questions. It's this phrase again... I look away from him and shake my head no. "Oh, so you can actually talk?" Yes. "Oh... so you just choose not to say anything huh." Yes. "Sorry for asking so much questions." Yeah, I don't even know why I keep answering you either. "Just one more question." he utters. I turn to him, hearing that the tone of his voice changed again. What is it this time?
"Are you able to read minds?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

H.u.h.?.




 

"It might sound weird but... earlier, you... you looked at me like you heard what was in my head. You heard me right? Your eyes were telling me you were obviously mad with me. Well, here listen..." Wait he- "Can you hear my thinking right now? Can you hear my voice?" Badump, badump, badump, badump!!!
W- w- w- what is this guy saying?! AHAHAH!!! He is seriously weirder than me! I can't believe he would say something so ridiculous!!! This seriously is the strangest day in my life!!!
"If you hear me then I want to tell you that there's a spider on your head right now." Wha?


 

"Ah- AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!! I HATE SPIDERS!!! GET IT OFF ME!!! KILL IT!!! EKK! I TOUCHED IT!!! WHERE IS IT?! WHERE IS-

 

"BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Myung Soo crack up. "You really can hear me!!! Cool!!!" he exclaims and stands up, holding onto his stomach at the same time. WHAT?! "I'm lying, there's just a cotton ball on your hair. i don't even know how you manage to get that on your head. Let me get it for you, heh." he says, trying to hold in his laughter. Myung Soo lift his hand above his head trying to reach for mine.
Wait... Before even realizing it, I was up and standing on the bed? Ehhhh, this is so embarrassing!!! I blush and quickly flop back onto the bed. Ahh, I must've looked stupid. I slowly grab the blanket and hid my face in it. He saw me at my worst and now this? Oh god what other surrpises do you have for me today?!
"Hehe, you are so interesting." I hear Myung Soo utters. "I wanna..."
Wanna... wanna what? I look up at him. Ekkk!!! He's close!!!

 

He was standing two feet away from me, but within seconds his face was already just inches away! His eyes were closed and his lips were totally puckering up! Wha- what?!

 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING !?!?!?" I shriek and swing my fist like crazy. I punch him hard as I could. Myung Soo falls to the floor below.

"What happened?" the nurse yells and quickly makes her way to the curtains surrounding the beds. She watches as the weird scene fold out in front of her.
Myung Soo was laying on the floor knocked out cold, as I sat on the bed rocking back and forth, trying to forget what had just happened. This guy is dangerous! Seriously dangerous!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



And that was how the my new life begin, talking and dealing with this insane, erted, weirdo for the rest of my high school life... Although it wasn't all that bad.

 

 

 

Yay I finished the oneshot!!! I hope you enjoy. This idea just suddenly came to mind so I wanted to write it out! XD Anyways thank you for reading and have a good day!!!

Upvote if you want me to continue this into a real story. Please share and subscribe to it if I made you smile at least once. (*u*)
[I was debating, but for the moment the story is completed. Hmm, 30 upvote takes the win?]


Comment if you think Myung Soo is weird or not? [I wanted to give him a cutsy/serious character =D]