prologue

Goodbye Summer [discontinued]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

❝prologue;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   I'M SORRY SUMMER, NOW GOODBYE SUMMER

There were only two students in the silent homeroom class, the halls void of any other students as well. It was ten minutes after four in the afternoon and ten minutes after the appointed time for their homeroom teacher to come in and lecture about the already known school rules and the punishment for breaking said rules. Despite the tardiness of the teacher and the awkward silence in the room, the two students sat as far as comfortably possible, an itching hope that by arranging their seats like this, they would be ignored and thankfully have no need to talk to the other. Alas, it was a mere and impossible hope. Not a minute after four-twelve, the teacher slid the door open and walked in with a frown - a typical expression teachers had upon entering the classrooms after school hours - and pointed at the two students, followed by a curled up index finger.

“Follow me, you two,” he said monotonously. The two students stood up, both reluctantly, and followed their teacher in silence and continued to ignore the other student’s presence.

Soon, the three arrived at their destination: the rooftop where the old storage unit stood untouched and forgotten. The teacher, taking the students’ silence as their only reaction, started to explain their punishment: “You two - clean this good ol’ storage up. Organize the items, dust the storage itself, mop it, so on and so forth. Once it is spotlessly clean, come get me. I’ll only let you two go when I deem fit.”

Please log in to read the full chapter