Don't go, beautiful butterfly~

Butterfly

 

Luhan's POV:

 

“Why can’t you do anything good, Luhan?! I assigned you to that department because I know that you’re good at that. That it’s your specialty! But you only proved me wrong! You humiliated me again in front of those employees! I am ashamed to have a son like you!”

 

I clenched my fist as my father kept on saying in front of me how useless and worthless I am. It’s always been like this. I’m always the one who causes him to get humiliated. I never even remembered when was the last he told me how proud he is for having a son like me. All I can remember is his humiliation and hatred towards me. I hate him, a lot.

 

“Your mother should be ashamed of you, like I am!”

 

I breathe in and stormed out of his room before all the respect I had for him completely vanished into the thin air. I have enough of it. I can take everything, every harsh words but mentioning my mother is different. He can’t compare himself to mother. Mother is far more different from him.

 

“Luhan! Luhan!”

 

I can still hear him but I ignored him completely and left the mansion. I rode my car and headed to my sanctuary. I headed to the forest to calm my nerves. It’s always been a habit of my mine whenever I and my father had an argument. It seems like there’s something in this forest that always makes me calm.

 

Ever since my mother died, this place has been my sanctuary, a place where I can be just me.

 

I scanned the forest as I walked along the pathway. I breathed in the fresh air as I heard the sounds of the birds. It’s peaceful, very serene and calming. I wonder if someone had been here or kept visiting this place just like me. But, I hope no one. I want this place to be only mine, only my sanctuary, and my comfort zone.

 

“Waa~”

 

My thoughts were distracted as I hear an unfamiliar voice. It sounds like a girl. I decided to look for the owner of the voice. I pushed away the large leaves and hanging vines as I walked along.

 

Suddenly, a sight, a beautiful sight to be exact, came into my view. Not that the sight was that breath-taking, but the girl was the one who was breath-taking.She was standing meters away from where I was standing but I can clearly see her face. She has a long dark brown hair, a fair white skin and beautiful doe eyes.

 

She’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I was startled when she suddenly turn around. I was then completely frozen in my place as I realized that she’s walking towards my direction. She stared at me for a moment as I was rooted ground as if my feet were glued on the ground.

 

“I-I”

 

I stuttered as she kept on staring at me. I sighed in embarrassment but then I suddenly noticed that she was smiling, the most beautiful smile I’ve ever saw in my entire life.

 

“Hi.”

 

I heard her say. Her voice is so sweet, it’s like music. Suddenly, I felt butterflies in my stomach. What is this? I thought as I felt an unfamiliar feeling hit me.

 

“I’m Yoona, and you are?”

 

She asked, still looking at me with a smile on her face. Please, stop staring at me. I said mentally because I’m starting to become more nervous as time pass by.

 

Suddenly, my nervousness seems to vanished when I saw her sighed and lowered her head down as if she’s depressed. “I’m sorry.”, she mumbled softly but I can hear it loud and clear.

 

“I didn’t think that you wouldn’t like me. I shouldn’t have assumed.” Her words didn’t even sink in completely in my head but I rushed to her as soon as I realized that she’s walking away from me. I grabbed her hand which was really soft.

 

“No, please, don’t go.”

 

I said which sounds like I was begging her to stay. I looked at her as she turned around and faces me completely.

 

She’s really gorgeous. I thought but I shrugged it off. It’s not the thing I should be thinking right now instead I should be apologizing for spacing out in front of her, right? Yes, that’s what I should be doing.

 

“Look, I-I’m sorry if I didn’t get to answer you a while ago. It’s just that, I-I was..”, I was trying to find the right words to say so that I wouldn’t humiliate myself more in front of her. I would be a complete fool if I did. I was trying to calm myself down and keep trying to think clearly when I saw her smile.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not mad or anything.”

 

I heard her say. She’s just so sweet.Oh my gosh! What’s happening to me? I feel like I’m one of those guys in those dramas that Sehun has been watching lately.

 

“Are you alright?”, she asked which made me brought back to reality.

 

I almost forgot that I was explaining something to her. “Yes, I’m fine. It’s just that-, uhm-“ Aissh! Brain, what’s happening to you? Why aren’t you acting so smart today? Aishh! Stupid! I cursed myself mentally.

 

“Spacing out is your habit?”

 

“Yes, it is.” I answered unconsciously. I didn’t hear what she said but then I heard her giggle. But, then I suddenly recall what she said. Aissh! Stupid! Now, you look completely like a fool. Great job, Lu!

 

“Please don’t laugh at me.”, I mumbled softly, keeping it to myself only but failed because she seemed to hear it and she stopped laughing.

 

“I’m sorry. You’re just-uhm- oh! Cute. Yeah, you’re so cute while spacing out.” It was as if I suddenly learned how to fly when I heard those words that she said.

 

“Really?” She nodded with a smile on her face.

 

“I hope you don’t space out often while we’re talking here, right?”

 

“Oh! Of course. By the way,uhm-“, I was trying to recall her name. I really didn’t get to hear it while she was talking to me a moment ago. Gosh, Luhan! If only you were paying attention then maybe you weren’t having a hard time here.

 

“Yoona.”

 

I heard her said. At first I was confused at what she said but then I remembered that it was her name. “Yeah, Yoona. I-I’m Luhan. Yeah, that’s right. My name’s Luhan.”

 

She smiled but I can clearly see that she’s trying to suppress her laughter. Aissh! You’re making a complete fool out of yourself, Lu. The worst thing is in front of this beautiful girl. Aissh! How unlucky you could get?

 

“Well, Luhan, I thought you agreed not to space out. But, I can see that you’re not doing it.”, she said with a pout. Oh my gosh! How cute can she get? Aishh! Heart, would you stop beating so fast? Okay, Lu, calm down.

 

“Are you really alright, Luhan? Are you feeling sick?”, I can see a worry painted all over her face as she asked me those things.

 

Suddenly I felt something on my hand. I forgot that I was holding her hand and now she tightened her grip on my hand as I can feel that she’s worried about me. I almost felt like I’m in heaven while she’s holding my hand.

 

“Luhan?” She called with her ever –so melodic voice.

 

“Uhm- I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.”

 

She smiled. Oh gosh, why am I being like this? Where’s the cool Luhan? I can literally die right now.

 

“Uhm, is it your first time here in the forest? I-It’s my first time seeing you here.”, I asked so that she wouldn’t think that I’m spacing out again. Spacing out is not my habit. I want to tell her that.

 

Yoona shook her head gently. “No, I’m often here. Maybe, we just don’t meet, I guess. The forest isn’t that small, you know.” She said which somehow made me curious. With the tone of her voice, it was as if she’s hiding something. I don’t know what it is but it made my curious side rose up. I can sense that she’s beginning to feel awkward so to prevent her from walking away from me again, I decided to do something.

 

“Would you mind if I ask you to walk with me for a moment?” I asked while trying to become as cool and calm as possible. I don’t want to stutter in front of her again, you know. I don’t want to look like a love sick puppy, which I admit that I am starting to be now.

 

She smiles. “I won’t mind, so, shall we?” I smiled and held her hand tight, not wanting to let go.

 

It felt like eternity. It’s like time has stopped and everything around me doesn’t matter anymore. She’s the only one I see while we’re strolling in the forest. Her smiles, her laughs, her hair and her beautiful doe eyes, all of those makes me more attracted to her. How can someone like her be as perfect as this? I don’t think someone’s more beautiful than her.

 

Suddenly, I realized that she’s staring at me again. Am I really that weird that she’s always amused whenever I spaced out? Gosh, Luhan! Stop spacing out.

 

“You’re spacing out again, Luhan. Stop doing that, please.”, she said with matching pout and glimmering eyes, or is it just my imagination that her eyes are glimmering?

 

I sat in a huge rock and smiled teasingly. “Why? Am I that handsome that you can’t resist staring at me while I’m spacing out?”, I while giving my infamous smile.

 

“Yes. Happy?”, I heard her say. I suddenly felt like my heart stopped beating for a moment. Did she just agree that I’m handsome? She thinks I’m handsome? Oh, Yoona, you don’t know what you’re doing to me, do you? I was back to reality when I felt someone sitting beside me and there is. She’s now sitting beside me while staring at me.

 

“You’re the most handsome guy I’ve ever seen. Do you know that?” Oh my gosh, can anyone teach me how to breathe? I suddenly forgot how to. Yoona, Yoona, why are you doing this to me?

 

“Luhan!”, she whined which somehow a bit louder than usual. Okay, I think she’s starting to get impatient. Better stop spacing out, Luhan or you’ll lose your chances. Okay, cool Luhan activate. I cleared my throat before speaking.

 

“Really? Well, thank you for the compliment.” I said with my ever-so cool voice. Oh, yes! Cool Luhan is now back, everyone. Prepare yourself, guys. I was about to say something to her when I heard her heaved a deep sigh. She seems stressed by something.

 

“I’ve never been away from this forest, you know? This is.. my home.” She said which somehow has a hint of sadness. I suddenly felt pity. I don’t know why but I can sense that she’s having some problem and that she needs someone whom she can lean on. Well, I guess that’s where I enter, right?

 

“Why? Doesn’t your parents allow you to leave for a while?”, I asked her, trying not to look nosy. I somehow froze when she suddenly turn to look at me. But then, I shrugged off my insane heart when I realized that her eyes are now filled with unshed tears. I can see that she’s trying to suppress those tears.

 

“I’ll tell you why but promise me you won’t tell it to anyone.”

 

I heaved a deep sigh and raised my pinky. She looked confused which is cute. I grabbed her hand and intertwined our pinkies together. “Pinky promise.” I mumbled softly and smiled. She smiled for a moment and then heaved a sigh.

 

“I’m not..a-an ordinary human like you.” She confessed.

 

I can clearly understand what she meant but the thing is I don’t get what seems not ordinary about her. Well, maybe because her beauty is not ordinary.

 

“I’m a fairy, princess of the fairies of the nature to be exact. Are you still confused?”, she explained further.

 

“Oh..”

 

That’s what I can only say for a moment. I still can’t believe that she’s a fairy. Well, she does look like a fairy, a fairy princess to be exact. Okay, it’s time to talk seriously, Luhan. “Is that why you can’t leave this place?” 

 

 

“Well, I can leave this place. It’s just that when humans found out about this, someone might try to hurt me. It happened before to me, Luhan. S-someone tried to kill me, thinking I’m dangerous and that I would do something bad to him.”, she said, her voice was shaking and the unshed tears earlier was now flowing down her cheeks.

 

That moment, all I want to do is to hunt whoever person tried to kill this precious girl in front of me. How can they think that she can kill someone? She even looks like she can’t hurt a fly.

 

I suddenly felt something on my chest. My heart suddenly beats faster as I realized that she’s leaning her head on my chest. I didn’t remember when and how but I realized that my hands were now wrapped around her protectively as if I was trying to shield from the world she had known all her life. And for the first time, I now know how it feels like to have someone depend on you, how it feels like not to be useless and worthless.

 

“I’m sorry. I just can’t help-“

 

“Sshh.” I hushed as I kissed her temple ever-so softly.

 

“Just cry out everything. I will never leave you, Yoona. I will protect you, my beautiful butterfly" I said mentally the last 3 words. And at that moment, with her in my arms where I think she truly belongs, I realized what the unfamiliar feeling I was having a moment ago. I’m in love, in love with this beautiful fairy beside me.

 

“Thank you.” She mumbled softly and when I looked at her, she’s sleeping soundly. She’s beautiful. I can stay here with her forever. I can die here with her in my arms. I wrapped my arms tightly around her, afraid that she would disappear if I released her.

 

“Don’t disappear, my beautiful butterfly. I love you.”

 

 

 

 

********

~ Yeah, I know it's lame but I do hope you read it. I hope you like the LuYoon moments here. I'm really in love with this couple. Well, the sequel depends on you now. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. I love you, guys. :) 

P.S: And I've updated the chapter 10 of Complicated Fairytales.

Kai :)