Chapter One: The First of the Force

Power Rangers: Idol Force [APPLY CLOSED]

A young man sat alone in a quiet room, looking out the window. His gaze was fixed on a group of people making their way out of vans, unloading various equipment. The man's eyes focused on two men carrying what he saw to be video cameras. As he continued to watch the events on the floor below him, the door opened behind him.


"Jae Hoon, are you ready?" asked a slightly older man.


Jae Hoon turned his head and nodded at the man.


"Yea, let's go" he said, standing up to pick up his bag and made his way out of the room.


The two traversed through the halls of the building and made their way downstairs where the camera crew were waiting.


"Fifteen minutes, Sang Jun-ssi" said the director.


Sang Jun nodded at him and turned to Jae Hoon.


"These are your cue cards" he said as he handed a set of cards to Jae Hoon who began to flick through them.


The cards were white with a red logo on the back and had quite an amount of text on each one.


"Read through them now before we start" said Sang Jun.


Jae Hoon nodded and began to skim through the cards, quickly reading over each main point. He e card over and looked at the logo. In the corner was the MBC logo and in the centre it said "FORCE Unleashed" in bold red letters. Jae Hoon filled the card over and continued reading the text. Soon, fifteen minutes had passed and the director spoke again


"Okay ready, Jae Hoon-ssi?" he asked


Jae Hoon nodded and stood in position. In front of him were three cameras, shooting him from different angles. There were several faces staring at him, making him a little nervous. His hands began to fiddle with the cue cards. He his lips which had become dry. He took a deep breath and smiled as the cameras began rolling.


"And... action!" shouted the director.


Jae Hoon bowed and began to speak, trying not to look at the cue cards in his hands.


"Hello everyone and welcome to the first episode of FORCE Unleashed" he said clearly, facing into camera one.


He turned his head and faced into camera two as per direction.


"My name is Jae Hoon and I am the Leader of FORCE. Today we are going to meet the faces of the next most anticipated idol group. Please show us some love"


The director then motioned for him to turn to camera three.


"Now that I've introduced myself, let's go meet the members of FORCE"


The director then motioned for Jae Hoon to head over to the big van that had been prepared for the group. As he opened the door and began to climb into driver's seat, he found that there were several cameras set up in the interior of the van. There were at least two in each row with at least nine seats, including the driver's seat. As Jae Hoon buckled up, he noticed a cue card unlike the others he had resting on the passengers seat beside him. He reached over and picked it up and began to read it out loud.


"After entering the vehicle, please introduce yourself. State your name, age and an interesting fact."


Jae Hoon put the card down beside him and began to start the van. The engine spluttered before making sounds that people would deem as normal.


"We get the best funding and props ever" Jae Hoon said smirking at the camera.


Jae Hoon the GPS and began to think about who he would pick up first.


"Ohhh Ha Neul lives closest, let's pick her up first" he thought out loud.


He then placed his cell phone headset in his ear and connected it to his phone. As he began to reverse out of the parking spot, he began to speak to the cameras.


"Okay time to introduce myself. My name is Jeon Jae Hoon. I am twenty five years old. An interesting fact about myself? I have been playing guitar since I was nine years old"


As he reached a stoplight, he began to dial a number.


Ring ring. Ring Ring.


"Aish she never picks up her phone..." he sighed


Ring ring. Ring ri-


"Hello?" spoke a soft female voice.


"Ha Neul-ah!" shouted Jae Hoon "Where are you?"


"I'm at home, Oppa" replied Ha Neul "Why do you ask?"


"Okay, I'm going to pick you up. I'll be there in a few minutes. Be sure you're ready"


Ha Neul groaned.


"Alright fine" she said "Bye Oppa"


Ha Neul hung up as Jae Hyun neared her house.


"I was kidding" he said to the camera with her laugh "I wasn't going to take a few minutes, I'm here already hahaha"


Jae Hyun exited the car with a camera VJ following closely behind  him as he made his way to the front door. He turned to the camera and smirked before pressing the door bell. A few moments later, a boy answered.


"Oh Jae Hoon hyung, what brings you here?" he asked


He had brown hair that covered his eyebrows and wore thick black glasses.


"ah Jung Woo, hello" said Jae Hoon "Is your Sister rea-"


His sentence was cut off by a girl shouting.


"YAH JEON JAE HOON! HOW DID I KNOW YOU'D COME EARLY THAN YOU SAID!" she screamed


Jae Hoon laughed as the small figure of Ha Neul came into view. She was wearing a plain white shirt with denim shrugs and black jeans that matched the colour of her hair save for the grey distressed effect. The petite girl came racing up to him and threatened to hit him as he continued to laugh.


"YOU DO THIS TO ME EVERY TIME!" she yelled, much to Jae Hoon's amusement.


Ha Neul was about to hit him when she saw the VJ standing behind him with a camera.


"What's this?" she asked with a confused look on her face.


Jae Hoon handed her one of the cue cards. Ha Neul snatched it from him and looked at the logo on the back.


"MBCs FORCE Unleashed?! What's this?" she asked


Jae Hoon laughed.


"CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE ON TV!" he shouted while laughing.


Ha Neul frowned.


"Yah! Why didn't you tell me anything?" she asked


Jae Hoon chuckled.


"No one knew. I found out a few days ago hahaha"


Ha Neul motioned to hit him again but stopped as Jae Hoon continued to explain.


"Well, this is the first episode of FORCE Unleashed and I'm picking up the members now to introduce them to everyone. You're the first one since you live closest to where I started from"


Jae Hoon motioned Ha Neul to the van where she found multiple cameras set up around the interior of the van.


"Wow... what's this?" she said, seeing the cue card sitting in the front seat.


"Read it" replied Jae Hoon who had just hopped into the van.


Ha Neul read the card carefully as Jae Hoon began to enter the main straight.


"Do I have to?" asked Ha Neul


Jae Hoon nodded, not looking at Ha Neul.


"Oppa... do I have to?" Ha Neul asked again, pouting at Jae Hoon who looked disturbed.


"Don't do that" he retorted "That's nasty"


SMACK!


Ha Neul had hit Jae Hoon on the arm, causing the van to sort of do a little shimmy on the road.


"YAH!" shouted Jae Hoon "I'm trying to drive here"


Ha Neul pouted and looked at the camera closest to her.


"Well..." she began "My name is Seo Ha Neul. I am twenty four years old and um...."


Ha Neul paused as she tried to think of an interesting fact about herself.


"Oh and I really like to eat mango pudding!" she said with a smile.


Ha Neul turned to Jae Hoon.


"Who are we picking up next?" she asked


Jae Hoon paused and thought for a bit.


"Sora's the closest from here, yes?"


Ha Neul nodded.


"Go call her"


Ha Neul obliged and dialed Sora's number in her phone. After a few rings, someone picked up.


"Yes Unni?" answered a seductive sounding voice


"Yah Sora, stop talking like that"


Sora laughed


"Sorry" she replied, her voice still sounding sweet and attraactive "What is it?"


"Where are you right now?" asked Sora


"I just got out of the shower. Why?"


Ha Neul looked up at the camera and laughed.


"Lovely, your first appearance on TV and you've just announced you have just finished showering"


Sora gasped.


"I'm on TV?! AHHHH!" she screamed


Jae Hoon laughed with Ha Neul.


"I bet she's looking around for cameras now" Jae Hoon joked.


Ha Neul giggled and spoke to Sora who was probably paranoid by now.


"No there's no cameras Sora. I meant that this conversation is being recorded on a camera"


There was a loud "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" heard from the speaker of the phone.


"Anyways, get dressed. We're going to pick you up soon" said Ha Neul.


"Okay, see you soon" replied Sora as she hung up.


Jae Hoon laughed as the van came to a halt.


"What's so funny?" asked Ha Neul.


Jae Hoon pointed outside to his left at the grey apartment building next to the car. Ha Neul laughed and hit him.


"Oppa, you really have to stop arriving too early" she said giggling half way though.


Jae Hoon chuckled as he hopped out of the van and began to walk up the apartment stairs closely followed by Ha Neul and a VJ. Once he had reached Sora's apartment he began to press the door bell repeatedly in a musical melody.


"So childish" Ha Neul stated whilst shaking her head.


"Omo!" a loud shriek was heard from inside Sora's apartment.


"I'll be out soon!" yelled the voice of Sora.


"Guess she's not ready yet" stated Jae Hoon


A few minutes later, the front door of Sora's apartment opened.


"Sorry that took a while" said a voice.


Jae Hoon and Ha Neul turned around to see the pale face of Sora come into view. Her eyes were dark and emphasised by the amount of make up she wore which contrasted with the copper shine of her hair. The trio made their way down to the van where Sora was asked to read the card.


"Okay um..." she began to speak "My name is Choi Soralee but I prefer Sora. I am twenty one years of age and I really enjoy puzzles such as sudoku and crosswords"


The van continued driving down the road as Ha Neul began to call another member.


The high pitched ring of the phone echoed inside the van until the person picked up the phone.


"Whaddup?" answered a low and husky voice.


"Ryo Ji... where are you?" asked Ha Neul


"I'm at the cafe with Seung Geun and Hyuk Shin. Why?" Ryo Ji replied


"We're coming to pick you up now! Bye!" stated Ha Neul


"Yah! What?! Wait a minu-" Ryo Ji began to see before hanging up.


Ha Neul shoved her phone into her front pocket and turned around to Sora who was sitting in the back, staring out the window.
"What are you looking at?" asked Ha Neul


Sora's large brown eyes looked towards Ha Neul as she turned her attention to the girl in the front seat. She looked at Ha Neul before a grumbling noise broke the silence.


"Heh... I'm hungry" she stated.


As she spoke, Jae Hoon flung a purple and brown packet behind him which landed in her lap.


"You can eat this chocolate for now. We'll get proper food later" he said.


Sora smiled and began to eat.


"Thanks, Oppa"


The van slowly traversed the maze of Seoul until it reached the cafe that Ryo Ji spoke of.  As they neared, Jae Hoon began to speak to the camera in front of him.


"This is our favourite hang out place. We usually come during our time as trainees to chill. The coffee's pretty good too"
When the van had come to a halt, Sora spoke.


"I'll go get him. I want to buy something too"


Ha Neul opened her door and began to walk out.


"I want something too" she said as she hurried off to the cafe entrance.


"Geez... I guess I'll wait here" said Jae Hoon.


A few minutes passed before three figures exited the cafe. Jae Hoon had been passing the time making faces at the camera when a familiar voice called out.


"Hyung!" shouted a low yet cheerful voice.


Jae Hyun turned his head to see Ryo Ji walking towards him, Ha Neul and Sora trailing behind.


"Sup Ji!" said Jae Hoon as he held up his left hand which Ryo Ji promptly reacted with a bro fist greeting.


Ryo Ji walked to the side of the van and took a seat.


"Oppa, they didn't have any of your favourite left" said Sora as she handed him a bottle of chocolate milk.


"What?" Jae Hoon asked with a small frown on his face "That blows"


Sora and Ha Neul then entered the van again as they set of to pick the next member. While they were driving, Jae Hyun explained to Ryo Ji what was going on and gave him the card.


"Just a random fact about myself?" he asked to which Sora who was sitting beside him nodded in response.


Ryo Ji thought carefully to himself before facing the camera and speaking


"Yo yo I'm Ryo Ji, I'm 22 and I enjoy poetry and long walks on the beach"


Jae Hoon laughed while the two girls put their faces into their palms and sighed.


"Oppa... it's not a dating show" Sora commented which was met by Ryo Ji's characteristic laughter.


The group continued driving until they reached the residence of another members. The apartment building was grey and stood six stories high. Along the sidewalk were various cars that you would see in rich people's garages.


"Geez, he lives here? What a pampered guy" murmurred Ryo Ji


"You've never seen his house?" asked Ha Neul


Ryo Ji shook her head


"Only the best for The Pretty Boy, I guess" he joked


Ha Neul gave a little laugh before heading up the apartment stairs with Ryo Ji. Jae Hoon and Sora sat in the car, bored. Sora closed her eyes and began to drift into a slumber when a loud bang woke her up.


"What was that?" she asked, jumping in her seat.


Jae Hoon shrugged and began to make his way out of the car and into the apartment, with Sora following close behind.

 

 

------

A/N: Aigoo! Sorry for not starting this sooner! I've been quite busy with college starting and a lot of other things. Sorry!

Hopefully you all read through this and not just skim through it to see if you're chosen or not, it did take some time and effort to write this.

The next chapter shall reveal the other 5 characters so please anticipate that and congrats to the first chosen ones