Chapter 1

16 and still @ war

Elise's P.O.V

The Doctor said that I was okay and that I could've been much worse, I just had a concusion and a little internal bleeding, which they fixed. I had also been out for a couple days. I didn't win the competition, some other girl did, but my brothers group came in second and got a contract with SM Ent and I was happy for them, I did come in third, so I get to meet the idol of my choice, I hadn't thought of who yet though.

I haven't actually talked to anyone, not even Zico...or the boy who made my stomach flutter (yes he visited me). I've been to busy crying and mourning over the loss of the most important person in my life, and debating whether or not to open the letter she sent me.

Today I decided to do it. I was going to read the letter.

I opened the letter with shaky hands, if the letter is really from my mum, it would be short and to the point. Oh how I wish I could wake up and this would all just be a dream, my mum would be alive and well and on her way herer (like she was supposed to be), but sadly reality's a . Dreams and wishes never come true, no matter how hard you hope and pray.

I unfolded the letter and began to read. 

Do not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glint on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight. I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there, I do not sleep. Do not stand at my grave and cry. I am not there, I did not die. 

It was like I heard her voice as I read, it brought tears to my eyes and a heart renching sob to my chest. It wasn't fair! Why did God have to take my mum? I want her back! I have no life without her! 

I heard my phone beep and I grabbed it off of the hospitals bedside table, it was a voice mail from a couple days ago...from my mum. I wiped my eyes and  pressed play, listening to my mothers voice.

"Hey sweetie, it's mummy. If you get this and the letter, it means I'm not here anymore, I'm sure you know what that means. You most likely know my cause of death, so lets skip that part. I know what you're like, you are going to grieve for months, you'll lock people out, you won't eat or sleep, and you won't talk to anyone for the longest time. -sigh- I don't want you to do that hun, I want - no - need you to live your life, I need you to let people in and stop pushing them away, let them help you. If not for you, but for me. Not only that, but of the issue of your father, I'm sure you know who he is because you listen to him on a daily basis. Your is Choi Seunghyun. Yes, the rapper from the group BigBang, surreal isn't it? But it's true. It's a bit to take in, but you have your whole life to process it, do live it well. You remember the song I used to sing you? Sing it with me. 

~Another day has gone

I'm still all alone
How could this be
You're not here with me
You never said goodbye
Someone tell me why
Did you have to go
And leave my world so cold
 
Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone
I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
 
But you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
But you are not alone
 
'Lone, 'lone
Why, 'lone
 
Just the other night
I thought I heard you cry
Asking me to come
And hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear
But first I need your hand
Then forever can begin
 
Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone
I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
 
you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
you are not alone
 
Whisper three words and I'll come runnin'
And girl you know that I'll be there
I'll be there
 
You are not alone
I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
 
you are not alone
I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
 
you are not alone
I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
 
For you are not alone...
Not alone ohh
You are not alone
You are not alone
Say it again
You are not alone
You are not alone
Not alone, Not alone
If you just reach out for me girl
In the morning, in the evening
Not alone, not alone
You and me not alone
Oh together together
Not not being alone
Not not being alone~
 
I sang along with hot wet tears streaming down my cheeks, I sniffed, I was going to do exactly what Mum told me, I was going to try to get over it, no matter how hard it was going to be. Mum didn't want me to sit here and mourn, she wanted me to live my life and that was exactly what I was gunna do.
 
Starting with my Appa.
 
Who happened to be my favourite artist. 
 
~Le time skip provided by Tao The Time Prince~
 
Yesterday I rang Halmeoni and confirmed it, now T.O.P, my Appa (God it's gunna take a while to get used to that) was coming to visit me today. I had met him before, but I couldn't help but feel nervous, it was the first time meeting him as my Appa, not my headmaster or favourite artist. 
 
My stomach was churning, my anxiousness was eating me up, honestly I was probably going to cry, I could feel it. After all, if he had been there, all my life, then I most likely wouldn't have had to go through what I went through. If he had been there I wouldn't have been countless times, if he had been there I wouldn't have been in an abusive relationship. If he had been there I wouldn't have lost Caleb, if he had been there I wouldn't have half as many scars as I did now. 
 
It would have been nice if he had been there. 
 
-------------
Very much needed chapter! After waiting so long! I'm sorry! Author-nim is bad I know, sorry if the chapters boring. 
 
Also Elise has lost her ghetto/Grenadian twang, so now she'll sound more English than anything. She'll say 'mum' not 'mama' and when regarding her dad it's 'Appa' since he's Korean.
 
Much love blackmango <3