Final

I (Always) Miss You

It was about 08.00PM o’clock. Daehyun could not help from being so dizzy after a long meeting in his office. It was really annoying when a not-so-that-big problem came without any exact reason. He always had to debate with his boss because sometimes they had a different argument about solving a company problem. No matter how hard Daehyun debated it, his boss always won.

 

Because of this dizziness, he decided to take a bath. At least, shampooing his hair could make everything better. Needing 15 minutes to take a bath, finally he felt better. He went to his room to wear some t-shirt. “Where is she?” Daehyun mumbled searching for someone. Someone he used to be his wife.

 

Daehyun thought you have slept on the bed right now but, Daehyun found nothing. After serving his dinner, you told him that you would help your 5 years old kindergarten boy―your child and Daehyun―to finish his homework. Maybe you were still helping him so, Daehyun decided to go to the bed firstly.

 

He laid on the bed and stretched his body. He yawned. His eyes were ready to sleep but something bothered him. You had not done helping your child. It meant Daehyun would sleep alone. And this thing made him opened his eyes again. Actually, he could not sleep without you so, he would check the room next door whether tonight you would sleep with your Daehyun junior or your husband Daehyun.

 

“Dear?” Daehyun knocked out the door but, there is no answer. “Dear? Dear?” Daehyun kept knocking the door but still no answer. Finally, he opened the door and found you were still lulling your Daehyun junior. “Dear?”

 

You took your finger on your lips, telling Daehyun to not make any sound. Daehyun smiled seeing his brave boy sleeping peacefully on your embrace. Daehyun made an okay gesture and then closed the door slowly.

 

He laid back on the bed you and Daehyun used to sleep together. Suddenly, he thought about something. Something that always made him proud of being a man. His brave boy already turned into 5 years old kindergarten student. He grew up by having Daehyun’s big lips and your eyes. He suddenly chuckled remembering that before you and Daehyun were married, you always blasphemed Daehyun’s lips for getting so big. And you gave a birth a boy with that big lips. Daehyun was not that aware that time flied so fast. Several years ago he was just a boy when telling love to you and now, he was a husband and father.

 

“Hoaaaaam!” A sound from outside was heard by Daehyun. It was your yawn. Finally you had done lulling your kid. Before entering room, Daehyun pretended to sleep. A seconds later, you opened the door and found your husband had already slept facing back your position―yet you did not know that he was pretending.

 

“Aish, Papa you already sleep!” You felt a little disappointed because Daehyun had already slept whereas when they had dinner, Daehyun had told you a little about his annoying boss in office and would continue it when both of you reached on the bed. But it seemed Daehyun was really dizzy so, he could not do that. “Papa must be really dizzy.” You changed your clothes into pajamas.

 

Having done changing your clothes, you laid on the bed beside Daehyun. “Papa? Papa?” You tapped his shoulder slowly. Maybe he was still awake and would continue his story. “Papa?” But, it did not work. Daehyun did not move for any inch. You sighed but you had to understand where position Daehyun was. You really knew how hard he worked in fulfilling his responsibility as a husband and father so, you did not have a right to demand him to always be beside you like you wanted everytime. “Okay, Papa. I will sleep too. Good night.” You decided to sleep facing back on him.

 

You and Daehyun were a really lovely married couple. Before going to sleep, you always had a little chit and chat with him. Everything―important or unimportant―would be talked by the two of you. This conversation before going to sleep was done in order to let the miss feeling between two of you for having not met from morning until evening. Therefore, if one of you slept firstly, it would be really empty because this habit could not be done.

 

Meanwhile Daehyun smiled. He succeeded at making his princess believed that he had already slept. Daehyun clearly knew that you were a little disappointed because of him but he could not help that he liked to tease you. Slowly he turned to face you but actually you faced back on him. Daehyun got closer to you and encircled his hand on your waist. “Wake up, dear. I miss you.” He whispered softly and gave a little peck on your back neck.

 

You felt honored because of your acting skill. Actually you had not slept yet. You smirked as you had succeeded making fun of him.

 

***
FIN