Girl, You Make My Engine Run

Girl, You Make My Engine Run
Sehun's eyes widened. "Are you insane," he exclaimed, but her eyes were still trained on him instead of the road, the scenary around them blurring into mixed colors and wind whipping at their hair and faces. 
 
A car honked to the side and Sehun let out a very (un)manly scream, his heart palpitating loudly in his chest. A smirk played at her lips as she easily turned a corner, the sounds of sirens filling the air. Sehun's eyes widened even more, the wind making his eyes water, especially at the speed she was going, which Sehun noted was way over 100km/hr. 
 
A truck zoomed right by them and Sehun's grip tightened on the leather seat he was sitting in; his knuckles turned white from the force he was holding on. She laughed aloud, pushing down on the pedal as the wind whipped her hair about her face. Sehun thought she was still beautiful. 
 
She had just cut a red light and a dozen cars honked at them, but she didn't seem like she even had a care in the world. Instead, she turned and looked at him, mischeviousness creeping into those dark pools. "Are you enjoying yourself?" 
 
It was strange, Sehun thought. She wasn't even yelling, let alone raising her voice, but he could still hear every word perfectly - a melody, he thought, because that's how much he loved to hear her voice. 
 
"I'm afraid," he admitted, his grip never loosening. She tilted her head ever so slightly and Sehun wanted to lean forward and kiss her. Instead, she lifted a hand from the steering wheel, extending it toward him. Sehun stared at her, his eyes wide like an owl's. 
 
She chuckled. "C'mon. You know I got you." 
 
The blonde didn't even care anymore, he gripped her hand and instantly, he felt himself relax a little. She smiled charmingly at him and then turned another corner, the engine revving loudly in the night life. 
 
"The cops are on our tails," she pouted as she checked her rearview mirror. "You're crazy," Sehun mumbled, turning entirely around to see two police cars chasing them down. She smirked, the speed now reaching over two hundred. "Trust me, you're not too far off. Hang on tight, we're gonna lose them." 
 
Sehun spun back around, eyes wider than ever. "What do you mean 'lose them'-"
 
He never got to finish his sentence, because she pushed the pedal with all her might and Sehun screamed as she narrowly avoided an oncoming taxi. Her laughter rang throughout the bustling, night air like a song. 
 
 
When Sehun woke up, he realized he wasn't in his room or even inside for that matter. Instead, he was lying down in the backseat of a BMW convertible with the top down and cool, early morning breeze ruffling through his hair. Groggily sitting up, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and looked around. Her car was parked infront of a small convenience store, but as far as Sehun knew, they weren't in Seoul anymore. 
 
"Good morning!" A voice chirped near his ear. Sehun turned around. She was leaning against the side of the vehicle, her dark locks pulled up into a messy bun with a few strands loose to frame her face. She had on a pair of sunglasses and was holding a brown, paperbag in her hands. "Breakfast?" 
 
Sehun nodded eagerly. She chuckled. "Wash up first. You don't want to eat this without brushing your teeth," she lectured. "Anywho, there's a bathroom for you to use in the store. I'll wait here. Hurry!" 
 
Sehun watched as she rounded the car and started to rummage through the trunk. She pulled out a blue backpack and tossed it towards him. Even though he was still in the mist of sleep, Sehun knew this was his school bag and what astonished him more, was that upon opening it, everything he could ever possibly need was in there - extra pairs of clothes, socks, toothbrush, toothpaste, heck, even his sunglasses. 
 
He stared at her in utter surprise, but she merely grinned. "I told you I'm always prepared. Now chop, chop, we're on a schedule." 
 
 
"I can't believe you robbed my room and then kidnapped me. My mom is going to kill you!" Sehun hissed. She giggled. They were currently driving on the highway, being the only car on the road, she had the music blasting at the highest volume and the top was down, the summer breeze whipping their hair about. 
 
"One, I borrowed some stuff from your room. Two, you weren't kidnapped - you willingly came with me, thinking it was a date. And three, your mom already knows you're with me. I asked her the day before," she winked. 
 
Sehun was flabberghasted. "And you thought it wasn't a good idea to let me know?!" 
 
"Well, in my opinion, you're a killjoy and you wouldn't have wanted to go with me if you knew my true intentions." she reasoned. 
 
Sehun sighed, running a hand through his now dried hair. Earlier, he had taken a quick shower in the bathroom of the convenience store. When he had dressed himself in the spare clothes and arrived back at the car to eat, she had leaned over, her dark gaze meeting his. He swallowed, thinking she was going to kiss him, but instead, she had placed his sunglasses on his face with perfect precision, smiling afterwards. "Cute." That had been the final straw. Sehun blushed, his face tomato red as she pulled out of the parking lot and onto the empty roads. 
 
Her voice filled his ears and pulled him out of his trance. Sehun turned and saw her singing along to the song that blasted from the speakers. "Is this... an English song," Sehun wondered aloud, since he didn't fully understand what was being said. 
 
She nodded. "Yep. It's 'By Now'. Marianas Trench. I used to listen to them all the time back in high school," she explained, keeping her gaze on the road. 
 
"What does it mean?" 
 
She didn't reply right away, but when she did, Sehun could see that she had been choosing her words carefully. "It's about... a couple who breaks up. They break up because, even though they love each other and want each other... they're not right for each other - it's not who they need. It's bittersweet," a half smile graced her lips. 
 
Sometimes the one you want, isn't the one you need. 
 
Sehun bit down on his bottom lip. "Stop the car." 
 
She looked at him, a bewildered gaze on her face. "Please," he whispered. 
 
Stopping the car by the side of the road, she parked it and turned to face him. "What's the matter?" 
 
Sehun took off his sunglasses and turned to face her. She was a beautiful vision. Dark locks that were wind blown and lips that were a beautiful, cherry red. Her cheeks were tinted pink and skin a flawless, olive color, thanks to the summer sun.
 
Leaning forward, he gently reached and took her sunglasses off, folding them neatly and placing them on the dashboard. She quirked an eyebrow at him, but not before he leaned forward and closed the space between them. 
 
Like a cliche movie, her eyes widened. Sehun was kissing her. Oh Sehun was kissing her. Oh. Sehun is kissing me.
 
Her eyelids fluttered shut and she pulled him closer, breathing in his scent and smiling when his arms encircled her waist, tugging her closer towards him. 
 
A car passing by honked thrice and a few wolf whistles accompanied it. They both pulled back, a laugh slipping from her lips as Sehun stared at her, dazed. Because whoa
 
"So I take it, you like me," she asked, tilting her head slightly, but never untangling herself from him. Sehun smiled. "Yeah. I do. A lot." 
 
She nodded. "Well, if it's not obvious enough at this point, I like you a lot, too," she confessed, a playful smile tugging at her lips. 
 
Sehun stared, shock written on his handsome features. She laughed, loudly this time. "Come on. I don't just take anyone on random, spontaneous road trips with me. It's... sentimental. And it's not something I would do with just anyone. You're special, Oh Sehun. You're my kind of special." 
 
The taller boy grinned. "Good. Now come on, Missy. We gotta get home before six. My mom's making her special, Thursday meal tonight." 
 
She returned the grin, saluting like a subordinate would with her superior. "Yes, Sir!" 
 
Sehun watched as her pretty fingers pulled the shift back into drive. "But I gotta warn you. We're gonna be fast." 
 
The blonde looked at her. Her dark eyes were sparkling like evening stars. Her smile was beautiful - she's beautiful. He nodded, placing his sunglasses back on his face. "I'm ready." 
 
She grabbed her sunglasses from the dashboard and started to put them on, winking at him. "Are you sure, Sweets?" 
 
Oh Sehun wasn't lying. He wasn't sure what they had down this road or what would happen in the near future, but for now, Sehun wanted this. He wanted her. And he would do whatever it took to keep her. 
 
"I'm ready," he repeated, this time with more certainty. 
 
The car revved loudly before she disappeared down the vast, empty highway, the only thing left to let anyone know they were there, being the distant sound of music and the tire marks engraving the smooth roads.