...

The Wait

*Knock Knock Knock*

Maiv Xis opens the door. "Lis Ceeb!" she says and hugs him tight. "Come in, come in." As Lis Ceeb's about to step in mom hears and heads over.

"Why are you here?...get out right now!" mom yelled out. Dad hears and comes over. "What's going on?" he asked.

"I came here to get Maiv Xis as my wife." said Lis Ceeb knowing that both will disagree already.

"You poor bastard!...how are you going to take care of my daughter?...you can't even take care of yourself!...look at you!" yelled mom.

"How are you going to feed her?!...is she just going to pick up trash from the streets?!" dad yelled out helping mom.

"Mom! Dad! Stop it! I don't care how he looks or even if I have to pick up crumbs off the floor...as long as we love each other then it's good already!" Maiv Xis yells out backing up Lis Ceeb. "Don't you want to see me happy, mom and dad?!"

"Maiv Xis, it's fine. Please don't yell at your parents." Lis Ceeb calmly says.

Mom and dad pauses to consider what Maiv Xis had said.

"Please let me marry your daughter. I already have the money ready." Lis Ceeb says and hands out $ to mom.

"You really think this is enough!?...Maiv Xis is our only daughter and if you take her away who is going to help us in the house!?" mom replies. "We want at least $20,000!...if you have it now, then you can take Maiv Xis with you...if you don't, then don't even bother to come back!"

Lis Ceeb looks worried. "Please give me 7 months and I will have the rest of the money."

"If you don't have the money, then just leave!" dad yells.

"Mom...Dad...please give Lis Ceeb a chance." Maiv Xis says tearing up.

"Do you think he can really come up with $20,000?" says dad looking at Maiv xis.

"Please, mom and dad. We love each other." Maiv Xis continues on tearing.

"Come back in FIVE months with the money and we'll give her to you." dad says holding up a hand.

Lis Ceeb looks away in anxiety.

Maiv Xis goes to Lis Ceeb and gripped his arm. "Can you get it in 5 months?..." she says softly and worriedly looking at him hoping he could.

Lis Ceeb looks at her and pauses. He then nods his head and looks up. "Alright, I'll have the money in 5 months." He says to Maiv Xis's parents looking at them. He then looks at Maiv Xis for a bit then heads off.