What's with the twinge?

All tied up

"Jonghyun, right? Come, sit with us!" Jessica exchanged place with Krystal. Words need not be spoken between them. They were so close that they could foretell each others action so accurately, they seemed like the same person in two bodies. Heechul frowned at them, but it went unnoticed by Jessica, whose eyes seemed plastered on Jonghyun.  "So, which program do you take? What is your age? Omg, are you 21? *Gasps* I'm 22! You can call me noona!" She did all the talking, with Jonghyun slightly dazed in confusion with all the questions. She went on talking during the lecture, asking various questions. Krystal for once seemed interested by their conversation. She looked studiously in front, but her brain wasn't absorbing a thing the teacher said, instead learning new information about Jonghyun. He was four years older than her, took music, composition, singing and basically most of the music programmes, born in Seoul, etc. Somehow, Krystal took note of him, seemingly memorizing his face effortlessly. His chocolate eyes, perfect nose, y jawline, adam's-apple not to big and not to small for her taste, just nice. He seemed to fit her "requirements" look-wise, but she wasn't sure about inside. Jessica was doing to much talking to let Jonghyun open his mouth to make a constructed answer. But he was so... Just so... 

Krystal couldn't explain. Something about him made her want to scream, to be silent, to jump, to curl up in a ball, to sing, to croak, to laugh, to cry, to... Basically follow oxymorons. It reminded her of the song. I'll be your shelter, I'll be your storm. I'll make you shiver, I'll keep you warm. Whatever weather, baby I'm yours. Be your forever, be your fling. Baby, I will be your everything (~Be your everything by Boys like Girls~ should listen to it ^^) The song made her feel so confused, and yet somewhere inside her heart was familiar to the lyrics...

"Yah, dongsaeng, Jonghyun asked you something. Annyeong, dongsaeng, are you here?" Krystal snapped out of her thoughts, eyes widening cutely. Jessica half smirked at Krystal's expression. "Jonghyun asked you what your age is, in case you haven't been listening," which I know you haven't been... Those words were unspoken, but they rang loud and clear in Krystal's head, as if her unnie had yelled it in her ear. Krystal blushed lightly, looking like she wore light pink blusher, contrasting her pale skin. "17, I'm 17..." She mumbled, looking away. Somehow she couldn't meet his eye. Before Jonghyun could say a thing, Jessica had started talking, unlike her usual ice princess way, either way acting y. But she wasn't. Only her family and Heechul knew her actual self. The warm girl under her cold or fake exterior, and she was openly showing the latter now. One thing that Krystal and Heechul knew that her busy parents didn't know was her tendency to play with boys, have flings to make a statement to someone she had a grudge against, or just to grab attention she direly needed. It was like she was in a room filled with poisonous gas, and direly needed the single oxygen mask on the other side of the room.

"Okay, and today's lesson is over. Krystal dear, would you like to answer?" Soon millions of eyes turned to look at her, or so it seemed to Krystal. "Erm, could you repeat please, Ms?" Krystal half stammered. "What is the key part to voice projection?" The mentors eyes seemingly glinted maliciously. Finally she could get back at her students who were obviously not listening. Krystal blushed, the pink darkening to a pinkish red, not so deep that her face looked like a tomato, but a lovely dark pink. She twiddled with her fingers, and Jessica was about to intervene, when a masculine voice said,"diaphragm." All eyes left Krystal's face and fell on the speakers face. The mentor raised an eyebrow. "You're not Krystal, are you, Mr Kim? Unless, you have seemed to change your gender," there were a few chuckles at the second part. "No, Ms. Just standing up to a bully, like they thought us since preschool. They also thought us that we should not bully those weaker than us too. No offense, Krystal," Jonghyun stated, glancing at Krystal at the end of the sentence. She gave him a small smile. The mentor cleared , implying that the topic was to be lef undicussed. "Class is over, go take your break-" A sudden uproar of chattering cut the mentor off. None of then liked her anyway. Jessica looked at Jonghyun with shining eyes. Heechul snorted, and Krystal turned to look at him, slightly surprised. "Looks like the incident just made that shortie Jessica's hero. Psh, I'm a million times a hero than he is. Not to mention a gentleman..." Krystal tried to suppress a smile. How long will Heechul put up with this? When will Jessica see the great guy that has been by her side fr the longest time? All she could do is sigh. Krystal really pitied Heechul.


The two sisters made their way to the canteen, being pushed by people who "didn't see" them. "Yah, the two ugly ducklings are here!" A group of rowdy (and very ugly) boys sniggered as they walked pass. They surrounded them, not touching them, apparently not wanting to be "contaminated" by the both of them. Yoona and Yuri could smell their BO. It was disgustiong and sour-bitter. They said the same taunts so many times that they all were memorized by the sisters. "I heard your only half sisters. Your mother hated your father so much that she cheated on him, isn't that right?" Okay, now that was a new one. How did they find out? But it wasn't true. Unlike common belief, Yuri's father had died to heat- right after she was born, and her mother had remarried the year after, and had Yoona. But they always stick together, they swore, not with material things like blood (A/N: some people believe that taking a blood oath AKA swearing while mixing their blood or something like that) but their love for each other. It was strong enough that if example Yuri fell off the building, Yoona would without hesitation, jump down after her. Or if Yoona commits suicide, Yuri would do the same, no matter how painful. That was how much they loved each other. They just couldn't live without each other.
 
Although majority of the things they said weren't new to them, it still hurt. Every time.
 
"Look, even they're food are a walking fashion disaster, just like them!" One of them screeched, snatching the small lunch box they shared and ripped it open. They all laughed like it was the greatest joke of the century. Yoona bowed her head and looked at the pathetic brown rice and carrots that lay on the floor, "accidentally" dropped by them. Without thinking, she kelt down and began scooping it back into the half broken Tupperware. There was a moment of silence of disbelief, both by the gang and Yuri, before more explosive laughter, many middle fingers pointed at Yoona. Yuri's eyes stung. She understood Yoona as usual. They're food had been snatched away so many times and needed up on the floor or in the dustbin, that they had to skip lunch and only eat dinner. It was so painful, considering their carbohydrate and vegetables were lunch, protein and boiled cabbage for dinner. A few fruits slices of fruits for breakfast. They were so poor that they had to walk 15km home everyday. They didn't even had enough money to take the one bus that could cut they're distance by 10km. But if they did everyday, then they would go without breakfast and half of lunch.
 
Yuri ran in front of Yoona, blocking her from the pointed fingers, shielding her younger sister. They laughed even more, though Yuri couldn't see what was so funny. To them it was life or death. But to other people, it was funny? Yuri wanted to cry so badly, but she forced herself not to. She couldn't look weak in front of them, or she herself would feel weak...
 
"Yah, so you think it's this funny?!" A deep voice yelled at the bullies. The laughter ceased. "Hyung-" one of them started sheepishly, but got cut off. "Hyung yourself. How must it feel if you were them? Huh? Do you like it if I did this," he pushed one of them to the ground. "Or this," he grabbed their wallet and took out the $50 notes and burned them with his lighter. "Or this," the tall boy took out a packet of some powder from one of their jacket pockets and threw it in the dustbin. The gangs eyes widened and they all ran to the dustbin, rummaging through. "Stupid people, obsessed with drugs.." The boy muttered. Already many people had crowded around the ugly (and now even smellier) gang and were pointing at them and laughing. "At least they get a taste of their own medicine." He walked over to them. "You okay?" He inquired, stretching a hand out towards Yoona, would was still on the ground. But she just stared at his hand as if it was a foreign object. "We're fine." Yuri answered coldly, sitting down next to Yoona and helped her pick up food. "You sure?" Neither of them answered. 
 
"Anyway, my name is Choi Minho, nice to meet you..," he left after an awkward moment of silence. "We know..." They whispered in sinc. Looks like he also didn't see them at the back of the class. Seems like the only person who noticed them was a man called Soo Man Ahjusshi, who was kind enough to give them free lessons at this school. After he heard them sing their duet while working their part time jobs. (cleaners at a cafe, toilet cleaners, and most of the lowliest jobs you have ever seen) He liked their voice, and gave the cheques as their legal guardian, US$50,000 per MONTH. But there was a single condition. When they finished these courses they had to join an entertainment, SM entertainment. Meanwhile, they had to do well in the courses. Because of the huge cost of the mere 5 lessons per week, they felt indebted to the ahjusshi. They had calculated that it cost US$400 per lesson. It was crazy, because all the professionals were invited, and the cost was apparently already cut down 20%, that much forked out by the government. The 80% was payed by each student there.
 
"Unnie, don't you think that boy was charismatic?" Yuri looked at Yoona in surprise as Yoona blushed. For once, she didn't see that coming...