It's Okay

You're Not Okay

“You what?” Chen stared at Kris in shock.

“I said. I. Love. You,” Kris kissed Chen again.

Chen’s eyes fluttered shut at the feeling of Kris’ lips on his own. Somehow Kris’ rough lips and Chen’s own soft ones made a perfect match. Kris worked his tongue around Chen’s lips and slipped it into the boys’ mouth as soon as he opened it. Kris took his time exploring every inch of Chen’s mouth before they had to break for air. Kris gazed into Chen’s eyes deeply and a smile spread across his features. Kris also gently took a hold of Chen’s hands before grinning even wider. Chen felt a blush rise in his cheeks and he turned away.

“Yah, don’t stare at me like that!” Chen whined.

“But you’re so cute,” Kris smiled.

Chen glanced back up at Kris with a pained expression. Kris looked at him confused.

“What is it Chen?” Kris asked lightly.

“Ah, do you really mean it? Y-you… Love me?” Chen winced.

Kris stared at Chen for a few seconds before he wrapped his arms around Chen’s shoulders tightly.

“Chen, I have loved you since I laid my eyes on you. Will you please say you will be mine?”

Chen tensed out of shock; he understood he couldn’t say anything to let Kris know what he was feeling. Kris felt tears fall on his shirt and realized that Chen was now crying. Kris held Chen tightly and whispered sweetly into the boys’ ear; soft nothings that meant so much to Chen. Chen continued to cry for about another half an hour. Kris was surprised Chen didn’t fall asleep in the meantime, but he stayed by his side as a way to comfort Chen.

“Kris,” Chen said as his face was still buried in Kris’ shirt, “Thank you so much. You mean so much to me…”

“Then?”

“Of course, I am all yours,” Chen smiled lightly; tears still rolling down his face.

Chen pulled back and stared at Kris. Kris looked over Chen’s face, his puffy red eyes, and tear-stained face. Kris searched Chen’s eyes again; all traces of sadness had vanished and were now replaced with exhaustion.

“Chen, I think you should sleep a bit before dinner,” Kris smiled gently.

“I think you’re right, I am so tired,” Chen nodded slowly, “But… Will you be here when I wake up?”

Chen stared at the pairs entwined hands, not daring to look back up at Kris. He heard Kris chuckle slightly and felt another light blush on his cheeks.

“I will be here for you.”

Chen smiled and immediately wrapped his arms around Kris’ neck, hugging him gently. Kris placed his hands on Chen’s back and inhaled deeply. The scent of Chen made Kris’ heart flutter. Both boys closed their eyes and enjoyed the comfort of each other’s arms.

“I love you Kris…” Chen sighed.

Kris smiled and rubbed Chen’s back softly. Relishing in the fact he could now call Chen his own. He removed Chen’s arms from his own neck and slowly pushed Chen down to lie on his back.

“Sleep,” was all Kris said to Chen.

Chen nodded slowly and closed his eyes. Feeling sleep wash over him in an instant, Chen smiled. Kris lightly brushed the hair off of Chen’s face and kissed the boys forehead. Kris couldn’t help but stare at the sleeping Chen lying next to him. He enjoyed the peaceful smile dancing upon Chen’s lips as he slept the warmth of his body, the sound of Chen’s breath. Kris sighed contently and closed his eyes.