Friends

Meeting you again

hello! Here's the new chapt! Thank you guys for supporting me even tho I update so slowly! Sorry for typos! Subscribe, comment and enjoy!! 

Yoon mi's pov.

I opened my eyes slowly and held my head due to my pounding head. I look pick up my phone to take a glimpse of the time. 8.35pm. 8.35?! Oh no I was suppose to meet Jonghyun at 7. I looked at my phone again but there were no miss calls and no messages. Did Jonghyun forget too? Why didn't he contact me? I thought he said I was important to him .... But he forgot about our date? Or he just didn't bother? I knew it. He was a big fat lier when he said he loves me. I'm not even that important to him.

I sighed and threw my phone on the other side if the bed.  I looked in the mirror and my sight met with a pale looking girl with red eyes. I looked haggard, the bruise on my cheek became more evident. Groaning, I went back to my bed. I squeezed my eyes shut as I forced myself to sleep.


After lying that for I don't know how long, my phone vibrated. "It must be those unknown messages again." I muttered under my breath. I sighed in frustration and kicked my phone off the bed.  

But it didn't stop vibrating. Slowly, I got off the bed to get my phone and looked at the screen. It was Jimin calling.

I cleared my throat and pick up the call. "Y-Yoboseyo?" 

"Yoon mi ah! Where are you?" Jimin said anxiously.

"Me? At home." 

"Why in the world are you at home? Aren't you suppose to meet Jonghyun?"  Jimin shouted 

"How did you know I was suppose to meet him? But whatever why should I find him when he doesn't even care." I said coldly. 

"What are you talking about? What do you mean he don't care? He cares! I thought you guys were getting closer what happened?"

"We were suppose to meet at 7pm. But I overslept to 8.35pm. I checked my phone and he didn't call. He didn't even send me a single message. Like he even cared about me." I said sarcastically.

"Yoon mi! I went for dinner with my family just now and I saw him at the bus stop. I greeted him and he said he was waiting for you. When I was heading home, I saw him still there at the original spot. I asked him why didn't he called you he told me that he left his phone at Minho's house. He is so worried Yoon Mi. He literally begged to me call you can check up on you. Hurry go find him! What are you still doing at home?" Jimin explained.

"Don't try to protect him Jimin. Don't lie." I said not believing a word she said.

"Every single word I said is true Yoon mi. Stop being stubborn. I know you want to see him. I leave the decision to you. Bye." She said that and hung up on me. 

"He is waiting for me?" I muttered. I took a quick glance at the time once more. 9.25pm. Should I go look for him? would he still be there?

Quickly, I pulled a cardigan out of my wardrobe and wore it over my tank top and shorts. I grabbed my phone, keys and wallet and dashed out of the house.

Panting, I finally arrived at the bus stop. Jimin was right. He was there. My sight focused on Jonghyun siting with his back hunched at the bus stop. He tapped his foot and checked his watch anxiously.

"Jonghyun!" I called out. Immediately, I regretted. What if he was angry at me? What if he shouted at me? What if... 

My worries stopped as Jonghyun ran over to embrace me in his warm hug. "I was so worried! Did something happen? Gwenchana?" His warm breath hit the side of my cheek. I nodded slightly. He let go of the hug and looked at me from head to toe. "What happened to your face? And your legs? Why are there bruises all over you?" The tint of worry in his voice was evident.

Crap. I was in such a hurry that I forgot to cover them. "Erm I tripped while I was running down the stairs." I lied. 

But he saw through me. "Don't lie to me Yoon mi, look into my eyes and tell me what happened." He said firmly and grabbed my arm to pull me closer to him. I groaned in pain as he held on the bruises on my arms.

Instinctively, he pulled up the sleeves on my cardigan and all the rest of the bruises were revealed. 

"Yoon mi... Who did this to you?" He asked softly. "No one. I told you I tripped." I remained firm on the first reason. 

"I want protect you Yoon mi. Stop hiding things from me. Jebal!" He pleaded. 

I stuttered a few words but I don't know where to start. "It's okay. Let's just get all these treated first. Let's go to my house?" He asked gently.

I nodded silently and followed him. The wind blew as I shivered during the quiet walk to Jonghyun's house. Jonghyun without hesitation took off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders. I gave him a small smile to show my appreciation.

"Jonghyun aren't you angry that I was here so late?" I asked softly as my eyes glued on to my feet.

"I was worried. I thought something happened to you." 

"Then when I took so long to come why didn't you leave?" I asked again

"What if you came to look for me? I can't just leave you like that?"

"Why do you care for me so much?" 

He stop in his tracks and looked at me. "Because I love you. I love you Yoon Mi."

I wanted to speak but nothing came out. He pat my head lovingly and continued walking.

When we reach his house he said nothing and immediately went to get the first aid box and some ice. He wrapped and ice with a cloth and said "Here. Put it on your face it will reduce the swelling." 

I smiled in appreciation and consciously put it on my bruise. I watch Jonghyun as he placed some antiseptic cream onto a cotton bud. "This might sting a little."Slowly, he held my chin gently and dabbed the cut on my lips. I was wincing in pain but my heart beat rose as I felt Jonghyun's breath on my face. He was only an inch away from me. His soft brown eyes were filled with care and concern. 

I can't do this anymore. He loves me so much. I'm such a devil to want to plan a revenge on him. What am I doing? When did my heart become so dark? 

I held onto Jonghyun's hand to stop him from treating my wound. His gaze avert from my lips to my eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I took in a deep breath and said "I can't do this anymore. W-We have to s-stop this." 

Confused, he asked "Can't do what? Stop what?" 

"J-Jonghyun, promise me you won't be mad"

"Even if I want to, I can't get angry with you." He smiled. Although I am relived but sometimes, I hope that he won't be so nice to me. Sometimes, I hope he would give me what I deserve and get upset with me. But he doesn't, and it makes me  feel more guilty than what I am feeling now.

"Jonghyun, I n-never liked you. I agreed to this relationship is because I wanted to hurt you. I wanted to take revenge on you. But I don't want to this anymore. It's too unfair to you. Let's stop this, Jonghyun. I'm sorry." My heart felt lighter when I said everything out but I didn't dare to see Jonghyun's reaction.

Suddenly, it hit me. That's it. That's the end of this relationship. There won't be Jonghyun in my life anymore. In my heart, there was a sense of...... loss. I never knew how much Jonghyun was such a big part in such short period of time.  Unknowingly, tears well up in my eyes. This day is such a bad day first I got harassed by those y girls and now I'm going to loose Jonghyun. 

 "I know that you never liked me. I know that from the very start and I know that very well. And, I did suspect you had a motive. If not why would you agree to this relationship so easily." He said with a reassuring smile. I was suppose to be glad but there was a surge of guilt in me and the tears just flowed out uncontrollably. 

"Ya.... Why are you crying, you Pabo I'm not upset with you. Don't cry!" He use his warm thumbs to wipe away my tears. "I'm so sorry for doing this to you." I said in between sobs. He hugged me tightly. I sobbed harder against his chest and mumbled short sorries. All he did was my hair gently and repeatedly told me that it was alright and everything is okay.

I finally stopped when his whole shirt was practically soaked with my tears. I sniffed and rubbed my nose using the sleeve of my cardigan. "Now I'm sorry for destroying your shirt with my tears" I said sniffing. "Silly girl, stop apologizing! I'm not even upset or anything." He chuckled. I nodded and showed him a small smile. He smiled back and pinched my cheeks. "Aigoo you are so pretty when you smile." 

He went back to carefully treating my wounds. His short gaze and smiles once in a while made my heart race so fast. I kept staring at him. I tried to advert my gaze, I tried so hard but I just couldn't.  

"What is our relationship now?" I accidentally blurt my thought out. Jonghyun looked up from my wound to look at me. Oh Crap, he heard it.

"What are we? Of course we are friends! We will be really good friends. Unless you don't  want to..." His voice trailed of at the last part.

"Yes we will be great friends Jonghyun." I smiled back warmly at him.

"Thank you for being truthful to me Yoon Mi. Thank you. We are friends but I still love you as a lady." Jonghyun smirked.

"Ya.... Why do you even love me so much I'm not that great." 

Jonghyun chuckled and went back to treating my wounds. "If you want me to list out how wonderful you are, I'll probably list it till tomorrow morning."

"Ehhh, don't lie. There isn't any. Go on try it." I challenged him 

"You have pretty eyes, pretty and nice smelling hair, pretty cute round nose." He poked my nose causing me to scrunch up my nose and he laughed. "Pretty, red inviting lips-" "Ya! You ert!" I cut him off. He laughed harder and continued "Perfect figure, pretty small hands that fits in mine. Everything you do is so cute! It makes me wanna hug you and never let you go. You are just perfect." I looked at him wide-eyed and speechless. 

"Jonghyun....."

He smiled back at me and continued treating me wounds. Just like that, we sat in comfortable silence until he was finished. 

"Do you want to tell me about your wounds now?" He asked cautiously. I knew this question would come.

I didn't know whether I should tell him because all I would do is to make him worry. And I don't want him to blame himself either.... But I want to let him know that I do trust him. 

"I'm your friend, I'm here to share your worries and burden, it's alright I can take this." Jonghyun stated. It was as if he was reading my mind.

"I... Well .... You know.... Some girl... Erm was umm..... Angry... Wait no ehhh you know jealous.... She was from Dae ho oppa's party" I got cut off by Jonghyun's warm and deep laughter.

"You know that you are not making any sense right?" He chuckled. I whacked him on the arm playfully. "Yah! I am trying to be serious here! Everything is just so messed up in my mind right now! 

He pulled me towards him so his arms were wrapping around me and I was resting on his chest. I felt so warm and protected. I sighed at how good Jonghyun's scent was. "I know I know. I'm sorry. Take you time." He said

"Remember the time when you picked me up from Dae Ho oppa's party and I had a bruise on my cheek?" I started slowly.

"Yeah... Was in the same person that did this too you?" Jonghyun asked catching it right away.

I nodded. "She and her group of friends was beating me up." 

"Why would they do that?" Jonghyun asked. I opened my mouth to explain but before anything came out I close it right away. Should I tell him the reason? I don't want him to feel guilty.

"I-I I don't know...." I mumbled softly and advert my gaze away from him. 

"Yoon Mi, you are hiding something from me again aren't you?" 

"No I'm not... I really don't know."

"You are lying again." 

"What? I-"

"When you lie, you would draw small circles with your fingers and you would look away."

"Huh?" I looked down at my fingers and realized I was really drawing small circles. "How do you even know? I myself don't even know I do that! " 

"I don't know. I just observe and realized a pattern. I guess I look at you too much." Jonghyun smiled. "So now you know you can't hide anything from me!" He smirked. 

"Fine.... That girl was jealous. She said I stole you from her. She said you were her man." I said softly.

"Yoon..... I'm so sorry. I can't believe this is because of me." 

I shook my head. "This is not your fault. And when did my name become Yoon?" I let out a laugh, hoping it would make him feel better. 

"I'm calling you Yoon from now" He smiled.

"Yoon? I like that. Thank you Jjong."

He let out a big wide smile when he heard me calling him Jjong.

"I'm the cause of this. I'm going to stop it. How does the girl look like? Do you know her name?" 

"No I don't." I didn't what him to create trouble because of me.

"Go ahead, lie to me Yoon." 

"Urgh! Fine! She is Lee Su Jin. I caught a glimpse of her name tag just now." I said helplessly.

"Lee Su Jin? It's her??" 

"You know her?"

"Yeah, she was the girl I dated before I met you." 

I didn't know how to react about the new information I got and remained silent.

"Yoon, I'm really really sorry. I'll stop this. I will protect you." Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows as he we into deep thought.

"No Jjong this is not your fault. Stop apologizing. That girl is mad! You are a person you don't belong to anyone." 

"Yoon I-"

"I'm alright. Jjong. I'm alright. I'm stronger than the old Yoon Mi." 

He nodded. "But don't expect me to watch you get hurt and do nothing." 

"Don't be rash" I warned him.

"Yes Yoon. I won't." 

We just sat there in silence for a while. I watched as Jonghyun's eyebrows furrowed as he stared blankly on to the ground. I knew it. If I told him he won't feel good, this is exactly what is happening. I looked at him and thought about how to reduce his guilt.

Grrrrr..,,. 

Jonghyun looked up, I looked back at him and smiled sheepishly.

"Jjong do you have any food? I'm hungry." I said as my face heated up.

He laughed.

"The way your stomach grumbled is way too adorable!" 

I stared at him in disbelief. "Did you just say that? You are weird." 

"What? I told you everything about you is cute." 

"No it's not! It's just that you are weird." 

"Yes it's cute!" 

"No it's not!" 

"Yes."

"No" 

"Yes" 

"Alright fine! So do you have any food?" I asked desperately.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Come on Yoon, let me bring you out for food." 

"YES! Let's goooooo!" I said in excitement and rushed towards the door. 

"Stop right there!" 

I turned to look at Jonghyun. My face was met with a flying jacket. 

"Yah!" I shouted at him "what's that for!" I complained.

"Wear that. I don't want you to catch a cold. Your cardigan is too thin." 

"Why should I listen to you? You are not my dad! BLEH!" I stick out my tongue at him.

"Do you want to go out to eat or not?" He asked and went forward to open the door. Helplessly, I obediently wore the jacket and scurried to Jonghyun's side.

He chuckled warmly and ruffled my hair again.

I hope this was okay! If you guys don't remember lee sujin, I mentioned her in the first chapt before!