3.

Goodbye, Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up, I saw a pair of chocolate eyes staring at me intently. A small smile formed on his handsome face. I blushed immediately, and hid under the sheets. I heard Chanyeol’s sweet laughter fill my ears. The first time he laughed, and it sounded like an angel’s voice.

“Show yourself, Jinri-ah. I have something for you.” He spoke gingerly, while placing his hand on my hip, over the sheet, and pulling me closer.

 I shook my head from under the covers. I was too embarrassed. He snickered and swiftly pulled down the sheets, so that he could see me, and I could see him. I bit the bottom of my lip, darting my eyes from his face, to my fidgeting fingers.

He leaned closer, and I closed my eyes. I felt something cold around my neck, my skin, accompanied by a sweet kiss on my forehead. I opened my eyes, and looked at what was around my neck. A silver necklace, with a small rosary, decorated with black gems. Realization struck me, and I looked at him gasping.

I pointed at the rosary, then at him, finally pointing back at myself. Chanyeol wore it all the time. And, the rosary was a great distraction last night, for it always seemed to steal my attention from his actions, and also managing to either annoy or amuse him.

“It’s yours now. Take care of it.” He spoke tenderly, and pushed hair out of my face, to lean closer and to capture my lips.

I gladly accepted him, and locked my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, on top of me. The sheets were still dividing our bodies, though. His kiss was sweet, tender, and oh-so loving, just like I’ve ever expected it to be. He was careful with me, always thinking ahead his actions, taking extra care not to hurt me. His thoughtfulness simply melted my heart.

However, he broke the kiss, saying that we should move on. It wasn’t that far until reaching the sea. He got up and slid off the bed, putting on his jeans. Chanyeol managed to make only a few steps, before he crashed to the floor.

“Aaaaggghhh!” He screamed and grabbed his head, pulling at his hair.

Alarmed, I jumped off the bed, without a care that I was wearing only his shirt, and threw myself on my knees, next to him.

“Channie, Channie…!” I forced out and held his face.

He screamed in pain again, and slapped my hands away.

“Get away!” He ordered me.

I shook my head and forced myself upon him. I patted his back, but it wasn’t helping. Chanyeol leaned over, elbowing the floor, and it looked like he had broken in two. The pain was unbearable for him. He groaned and screamed and kicked and screamed more, as he held his hand.

I panicked.

“C-Channie,” I forced out, as much as my fading voice allowed me, and began to cradle him.

“I said get away!” He yelled at me and tried to .

“NO!” I raised my voice, and my chords felt like tearing, and hugged his shoulders.

The pain, I felt my own too. That was it. My final words, the last time I could speak. It hurt; it burned so badly, that I wanted to cry. But still, I held him close and cradled the two of us back and forth, back and forth. He was breathing hard, his chest contracting.

“The flask…” He whimpered, and I understood immediately.

I let go of him for a mere second, as I searched with an arm through our stuff. I still rocked him with my own body along. I found the flask, eventually, under the layer of my clothes, and I brought it close to him. Chanyeol snatched it away, opened it in a rush, and then swallowed three pills. He made a face then cooled off after several momentd.

I released a breath I didn’t know I was holding. I stood there, on my knees, and st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter