001

Your Waitress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve never thought that the day you walked into the restaurant, it would change my life completely.

It was snowy yet a warm night in the middle of Seoul. It started to snow and everyone was bringing umbrellas with them. I was running in the sea of people towards to the restaurant that I’ve been doing my part-time there. I did saw him once, standing inside the phone booth, talking to someone that I didn’t even know.

I was late that time, so I fastened up my pace towards the restaurant. It was a weekend night after all. A lot of people were outside to enjoy the weekend by having a nice dinner with their family or going out to watch a movie with their beloved one. On the other hand, I had to work to find money in order to support my life as a high school student in Seoul.

I turned into the dark alley, the only way to go to the back door of Blossom, the restaurant where I worked at. Even though I was scary, I still need to be brave and walked as fast I could to the back door. I was extremely glad when I finally see the back door of the restaurant.

As I’ve expected, the kitchen was hectic! It had been like this every weekend. People just tend to come to the restaurant to enjoy its signature dish made by the owner of the restaurant, Mr. Bae. I flashed my smile as I walked passed the cookers, heading to my locker inside the restaurant to change into my waitress attire.

“You are kinda late, YoonJi.” said one of my co-workers, Minji, who happened to be very strict in doing her job. She was the type of girl that would not let you go if you come to work late. In my case, I was late for 4 minutes.

“There were a lot of people on the streets.” I answered her. She was older, I didn’t want to sound rude to her as it might caused me tons of problems.

“Excuse, excuse, excuse! You’re so full of excuse. I don’t know why Mr. Bae still let you work here!” She slammed her locker. I wasn’t shocked or flinched since I’ve been experiencing this for a quite some times. I have no idea why she was so mad.

“Excuse, excuse, excuse, bla bla bla.” I mimicked her actions as I heard someone laughed.

“You’re so dead if she finds out.” He chuckled. He was Bae Jaemin, the youngest son that also worked in the restaurant. He was a year younger than me. We grew closer quite fast because I usually helps him in his studies.

“Which, she won’t.” I tried to ruffle his hair but failed miserably as he was too tall for me.

“Stop ruffling my hair! I just went to the salon with my friends. Gosh!” He started to whine like a girl that just did her manicure and got ruined, which made me laugh for almost 5 minutes.

“Ha, ha, ha, ha. It’s so funny, isn’t it?” He mocked me. I wiped the tears that came out due to over-laughing as I grinned at him. He rolled his eyes at me as he shouted, “Hurry up, you lazy ! Go to work.” I quickly tied my apron around my waist and grab a few piece of papers and a pen and walked to the front.

Kangmin, who was in charge of deciding tables for the customers was working diligently. No doubt that Mr. Bae gave him the ‘Most Diligent Worker’ award last year. He was sweating but he still managed to give a genuine smile to the customers. I did my work as a waitress by taking orders and served the food diligently to earn money.

Regulars had come and gone and the night was still early. I knew that a lot of people would be coming in no time. Blossom was one of the well-known restaurant in Seoul after all. I grabbed a stool and sat next to Kangmin who was taking a breath after his tiring job. I looked at my watch that my grandfather had given it to me as a lucky charm when I was moving to Seoul. It was 8, the night was still young and a few more couples were coming.

I was playing with my bracelets and watch when he walked in. I knew there was something special about him as soon as he entered Blossom. The snow was on his shoulders, indicating that he didn’t bring any umbrella with him. He shook his shoulders lightly to let the snow fall. He looked so happy like there was something that was going to happened. It seemed that it was going to be the happiest day in his life. His smile never left his face, the moment he entered the restaurant.

“YoonJi! Take care of the customers for me for a while. The nature is calling for me!” Kangmin shouted as he ran towards the toilet.

I looked at the counter. He was the only one there, the only customer that was waiting for his table. I walked to the counter, trying to compose myself for no reason.

“Table for one?” I asked him but he was delighted to say, “No, table for two please.”. I knew the look in his eyes. He was waiting for some special girl to stride in and sit next to him.

“This way, sir.” I guided him to the table that was right in the corner, facing the window where he could watch the nice scenery of Seoul at night.

“What would you like, sir?” I placed the menu in front of him when he gladly replied, “I’m waiting for someone. Could you wait for a while?”. I nodded as he smiled a smile yet sincere smile to me.

I took my seat next to Kangmin once again, watching all the customers enjoying their food that were prepared with a lot of hard work by the cookers. I kept my eyes on him, following every gestures that he made. He looked nervous yet he looked so happy and delighted. I continued my job as more people started to flood into the restaurant. An hour passed and I looked at him who was looking at his watch like a little puppy waiting for his master. He suddenly sat up straight and mumble a few words which I believe were encouraging words.

A few hours passed and the number of customers started to decrease but he was still waiting for that one person to walk in and sit across to him. He started to tap his fingers on the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter