Hyena

{Request} Hyena

You set your keys tiredly on the table next to the door, slowly slipping off both of your shoes. It had been a long day with Dongwoo’s constant chatter and obnoxious laughter. Does he ever run out of energy, you thought to yourself as Dongwoo continued to talk and laugh loudly behind you. 

With a deep sigh you rubbed your eyes tiredly and went deeper into your home. It wasn’t like you didn’t love Dongwoo because  you really did love him with all your heart, but after spending the whole day with him you couldn’t help but feel annoyed with him. You started to notice the small annoying things about him that you didn’t see before; like his clinginess, his ability to never be tired, his hyena laugh,his immaturity, and his amazing power to never shut up.

Your teeth clenched as his laughter grated against your ears like a machine gun hammering bullets into their victim.

I just need a break from his voice.

“I’m going to go into the kitchen and make some tea, okay?” You quickly disappeared into the kitchen without hearing Dongwoo’s reply.

Just 10 seconds, I just need 10 seconds to cool down.

You breathed in and out calmly feeling yourself un-clench and relax slightly.

"Hey Noona, do you need any—"

"Oh my God, Dongwoo! Can I please just get 10 seconds to myself!”

Dongwoo stood in the doorway shocked; his smile slowly dropping. “I’m sorry, I was just—"

"No. I spent the whole day with you. I had to listen to your laughter, your voice! I had to keep up with your energy! It’s too much! I don’t understand how a human being can be this… this annoying!” You sighed and rubbed your eyes. “All I ask is for 10 seconds to be by myself and just take a breather. I don’t know how Sunggyu and all of them do it. You just have so much energy and you’re always laughing it’s just…" You breathed sharply out of your nose and looked at Dongwoo for an answer, but he didn’t say anything. “Oh! So now you’re quiet.”

Dongwoo looked down in thought and then calmly said, “I’m sorry, but shouldn’t you like all those things about me? Those are aspects about myself that I can’t change. I don’t understand how someone could hate someone else’s laughter.” He looked at you hurt.

Your shoulders relaxed as you saw what your words did to Dongwoo. You felt terrible about the things you said to him. It was true that you couldn’t change the personality of a person, especially how the person laughed. “Dongwoo, I’m so—”

Dongwoo shook his head. “I don’t know if I could be someone who hates what I am.”

Your heart stopped as his words sunk in. “You’re breaking up with me?”

Dongwoo looked pained and nodded.

“Look Dongwoo, I understand what you are saying now. It is true that I shouldn’t try and change the person you are. I think I was just cranky because it was a long day. We did so much, you know? Let’s just put this behind us and be kinder to each other in the future, okay? I am so sorry about the things I said, please forgive me. I’ll never hurt you again.”

You waited for Dongwoo’s reply with a worried expression. It felt like it took years for Dongwoo to answer, but he finally did with his usual bright smile.

“Okay. It’s fine. It was a long day, I should’ve known that you get cranky after long days.  I guess I wasn’t paying attention to your feelings, so I’m sorry.”

“Oh Dongwoo, but—”

“Let’s just forget it. Come here.” He held out his hands for a hug.

You puffed out your cheeks and nodded. “Fine~”

His embrace was warm and comforting as usual. “Don’t make that kind of face; you know you’re prettier when you smile.”

You looked up at him with a big smile on your face that made him laugh. “I’m sorry though, okay?”

“Okay… Hey Noona.”

“What?”

He jumped out of your embrace and made a heart shape over his head. “I love you~”

You rolled your eyes and ruffled his hair. “Shut up dumby.”

His care-free laughter made you smile and laugh with him.

Source: geureona.tumblr