Deep Thoughts

Connecting Our Necklaces.

Today is my last day as a middle schooler, It’s almost the same like every day this year, The only thing that is different from a regular day are the tears that people are shedding because they will be separated from each other and are going different ways in live. I too had a experience like that.

After living for six years in South-Korea with my family and my uncle’s family together in one house they wanted to move to america and I ended up parting with my two best childhood friends,  I even had a crush on one of them, but I can’t remember their names anymore nor how they looked like but they also should have changed a lot in six years, I can remember their personalities though. Since these two were really funny and energic, It would be easy to recognize them if I would see them again.

After the ceremony ended, My parents and I went back home and celebrated that I finally finished middle school and that I would become a high schooler and ate some bulgogi and kalbi, A few hours passed after eating dinner and we were watching Tv with the three of us on the couch. “how do you feel honey?” my dad asked sitting next to me holding my hands in joy. “Im really~ happy appa” I replied while giving him a hug. “Then what would you like to eat as a celebration for tomorrow? Since it will be your first vacation day” he asked me. “hm ddeokbokki? or bibimbab? OR HOW ABOUT BOTH?!” I replied excited to him with a huge smile on my face.

“Arasseo, let’s eat both tomorrow and talk about what high school you want to go to”. *what school I want to go to..?* “Arasseo, Im going to bed okay dad, It is pretty late already” I said while giving a smal eye smile and went to my room.

----

After walking into my room I let myself fall on my bed still in deep thoughts.

*I actually don’t want to stay any longer in America, I never wanted to leave South korea at all, Just like my cousin who was one year older than me, He didn’t want to go to America neither, But later on he begged his parents to go back to south korea because he missed his friends, And said he would work hard on his school assignments and would do anything to go back, Eventually they gave in before he started middle school. Even though his parents left with him, My parents wanted to stay because things were much ‘Better’ here than in korea. Okay maybe some things were better but, without my cousin I felt really lonely. I felt like I was on my own in that new big house where just the three of us lived in, That street with new people who I didn’t know nor did they know me.

After 1 year my cousin left America and went with his family back to south korea while I was still really shy towards strange people, I didn’t know how to talk in english and didn’t want to embarrasss myself infront of strangers so I didn’t talk to anyone the first couple of months after my cousin left but eventually I met people who helped me and I had a chance to communicate with other people for the first time without my cousin next to me. Thanks to those people my english improved and I slowly opened up towards everyone. In school, In my new neighborhood, when meeting new people when I started middle school.*

“what should I tell dad..? I guess I should tell him the truth directly..? Ah Molla”

I whispered and yawned in the end I just fell asleep twirling around in my bed thinking how to tell my dad that I wanted to go back to south korea.. back to Seoul.

----

“SooHyun wake up It’s time for lunch” “Arasseo umma Im coming” as usual my mom woke me up at 12Am strict like she used to do every day, At first it got pretty irritating but later on I just thought she did do it for my own good saying that I should eat on time and sleep earlier or I would have a lack of sleep and I wouldn’t be growing more in heights. At first I just ignored it, but she was right because at the age of 16 Im still only 1.60m (5’3).

“Good Morning Umma, Appa” I said giving them both a peck on their cheeks. “Good Morning SooHyun did you sleep well?” “oh, I did” I said taking my seat at the dining table next to my dad. “SooHyun about yesterday, Let’s search for a good high school after lunch, hm?” *Aish why do we need to talk about this while I only woke up a couple of minutes ago* “Arasseo appa, but let’s eat lunch first oh?” “Arasseo let’s eat first then”.

After lunch I went to the living room and let myself fall on the couch to watch some tv and saw that Vixx was performing on Mnet. “Kyaa~ Ravi oppa, Leo oppa~ Aigoo~ these guys are just Too cute~” I wiggled in the couch but soon after a sigh came over my lips. *this only makes me miss seoul more*. “SooHyun ah, Aren’t you going to look for a high school you’re going to attent after summer ends?” My mom said and walked infront of the Tv. “I am umma, But just not now, I mean summer only started today”.

*why is she suddenly acting like dad..?* “Yah SooHyun ah, the faster you find a school the faster we will stop with nagging okay. I know what you were thinking just now ‘why is she nagging it isin’t like her’, that was what you were thinking wasn’t it?” *wow, she really got close, didn’t think she would get it* “hehe” “what are you grinning for hm, Im seriouse for once in a while and your going to be grinning?” she said angry with crossed arms while tapping her feet with a dark expression on her face. “ah umma, I didn’t did it on purpose, it just.. slipped while I was in my thoughts!” “aigoo this kid” she said while she poked my head. “Ah it hurts umma!” I stood up out of anger raising my voice a bit.

And that’s how my mom really got pissed at me, even I could see how angry she was only looking at her posture, After that she was quiet for a while but she said in a calm voice “why don’t you cool down a bit take a shower and go outside for a while oh?”.

*this is getting pretty serious if she’s so calm It might be better to leave right now* “Oh, arasseo.. then Im going to take a shower now and I’ll be out for a while do you need anything from the store umma?” “could you buy some milk and eggs SooHyun?” “Oh, I will”. After that I ran upstairs as fast as possible and took a fast shower and chose a outfit that would be good with the weather right now.

*even though It’s summer It’s not that warm anymore so this would be fine I guess*. 

“Im going, I’ll be back in a while”.

“Arasseo, Don’t come home too late” my dad yelled afterwards.

----

“okay so I bought the groceries first so I won’t forget about them, But what to do now.. It has only been 10 minutes since I went for my walk.. Ah! I could go to the play ground to go on the swings since that play ground almost never has kids around, there would probably be nobody on it right now!”

*Too bad my mom stood before the tv earlier though, I couldn’t see the ending for their new performance.. well at least I could hear it.

What was it again?*

I took my phone out of my bag and searched for the music video on my phone.

Aigoo~ they are just too cute and squishy in this music video.”

*Oh, I know the upcoming lines*

"Nareul jonbu alka da almyon silmanghalka

Do joheun saram dwego sipho (noreul wiheso nan)

Do you know everything about me? If you do, will you be disappointed?
I want to be a better person (for you)
 
Non joheun saramilka animyon tto otton-ga
Imi nan pajyoboryotneunde
Are you a good person? If not, who cares?
I’ve already fallen for you
 
(Nega we irolka) an buryotdon yoksimi jaku
(Igo we irolka) ne aneso khojyoga
(Nega we irolka) nado moreudon nega keonan got gata
Ni sarang temune
(Why am I like this?) I wasn’t like this but I keep getting greedy
(Why is it like this?) The feelings get bigger
(Why am I like this?) A me that I didn’t even know has awakened
Because of your love
 
(uh uh woo~) no temune
(uh uh woo~) no hana temune
(uh uh woo~) geure niga nal kewosso
(Uh uh woo) Because of you
(Uh uh woo) Because of you alone
(Uh uh woo) Yes, you awakened me "

*ah why did I sing outloud?! There are people staring at me right now.. hopefully they won’t say any bad things about my singing since I couldn’t hear myself, well there’s only one way to find out. Let’s eavesdrop for once*

As I started my plan I put my music on pause and listened to the two guys who were walking behind me.

“Dude I don’t know what language that girl was singing in but her voice sounds pretty good don’t you think?” *omo, thank you random guy, you don’t know how much it means for me since I wasn’t really confident about my singing* “yeah It wasn’t that bad I guess, but it would probably be better if she would just sing in english” *Well It’s not like I’ll be meeting you guys later on. I better go home now, I can go to the swings tomorrow anyway*

After walking back towards my home my parents cooled down and wanted to talk to me about my future but when I said I was tired from today they let me off saying that we would be talking about it after dinner or tomorrow.

----

After all that I went back to my room, still thinking about what the first guy said about my singing.

*I might get better if I would go to a school that would have singing classes, Ah well let’s go on Skype for a while maybe my cousin is online*

As I logged in I saw that my cousin was online and started a conversation with him on skype


 

Sophie

Hey DongGeunnie how is it in seoul? Every thing fine over there?


 

Peniel

Hey SooHyun-ah ^^

yeah every thing is fine here in seoul : )

how about you?


 

Sophie

I finished my last year in middle school since yesterday hehe~^^

It was pretty exciting but my parents keep asking me what high school I want to go to and what Im going to do later on TT.TT


 

Peniel

AH REALLY?! SO DID I :D! Congratulations to the both of us i guess xD!

Too bad about the high school thing though..


 

Sophie

SERIOUSLY :o?! Congrats to the both of us indeed xD!!

But I know right it pretty bad TT.TT”

Put on your cam I want to see how you look right now okay :D?


 

Peniel

Eeh, sure why not :P

Look at my new dance move xD

but okay Im turning it off again to tease you :P~

also because this is too embarrassing.. xD


 

Sophie

What kind of dances did you actually learn in your middle school donggeun oppa xD?


 

Peniel

Want to learn them?

You could drop by and learn them, since it IS summer after all..?


 

Sophie

SERIOUSELY?!

I WANT TO. LIKE SERIOUSLY. I MISS SEOUL TT.TT.


 

Peniel

Well go ask your parents if they would let you come over for 3 weeks or so?


 

Sophie

OKAY I’LL, STAY HERE!


I ran as fast as possible downstairs forgetting about every thing that happened today, the fight between my mom and me, The singing outloud on the streets and my new high school problem with my parents 


So finally I Updated after all these days U.U"

IM SO SORRY >.<

at first I though the chapter was pretty good but I ended up with another scenario inside of my head for the next 2 chapters but I ended up doing something else with the story, probably for at least getting some memories back :3

 

also want to thank Valeriedabomb for subscribing and both Valeriedabomb and ShineeBlack for commenting ^^

24 august 2013 05:13 AM

2059 words