April Fool's Day Confessions

The Best, Absolute(ly) Perfect Scenarios and One-Shots

    Are you sure you want to do this to yourself?

 

Yongguk had honestly been debating with himself about this for about a month or so. There were pros in doing the actual deed, but then there were also cons. The main reason for his hesitation had to be the fact that he was actually very close friends to the one  he wanted to confess to. He had known Himchan since he was about 10, and now that they were both in their 20s,  he decided he was going to take the risk.

 

He wasn't too sure of when his feelings towards his best friend changed. One day, Yongguk saw the younger as a friend, and then it seemed like the next day he started to develop romantic feelings towards his friend. He wasn't really sure what had happened, but he just knew that something had changed.

 

Yongguk constantly questioned himself about this decision. He didn't want to go through with confessing if it was all just a phase, but then again, he couldn't stand the ways others looked at his Channie. Yes, it had gotten to the point where Himchan was now referred to as "My Channie" in his mind.

 

Yongguk groaned, but decided that he was  going to go through with his plans like a real man. Unlike a real man though, he chose April Fool's Day as the day he was going to confess. Although cowardly, he was going to use the holiday as his excuse or reason if things went  sour. Knowing Himchan was a good  sport, he took in a deep breath to calm himself.

 

Composed, he spotted his target all  by himself. Slowly striding over, Yongguk tried to calm his racing heart.

 

    "Hey," he greeted.

    "Yongguk! What's up?" replied the younger.

 

    It's now or never....

 

    "Himchan, I like you. Will you be my boyfriend?" Yongguk said.

 

The other just blinked at him. Yongguk sighed, and then touched the back of his neck, feeling the awkwardness in the air. Just as he was about to take the statement back and claim it was a joke, Himchan spoke up.

 

    "Don't you dare tell me that was a prank...because...well...I like you too! And...I'm not kidding!"


April 1, 2014