Lovebirds Part 2

Together for now

 Recently: My stomach rumbled loudly, reminding me of my breakfast. I walked faster, and reached a small café to satisfy the gurgling of my tummy. The doorbell jingled as I stepped in, AC wrapping me in a cocoon of cold yet a sense of being comfortable.

 

A grinning waitress greeted me, and led me to a table for two. She handed me a menu, and left after leaving a flirtatious smile. ‘Do I still look attractive, with these sunglasses!?” I shook my head, and continued scanning the menu for items that appealed to me.

 

“Oppa?”

 

I quickly turned around  to the familiar voice, and found myself face to face with the girl whom I couldn’t keep my mind off of.

 

 

Lizzy.


Myungsoo's POV:

 

My mouth formed a big 'O', my mind blank. I just sat there, staring at her like a dumb fool with my mouth hanging open. She stepped forward and leaned close, very close. Her familiar scent of peaches reached my nose, her warm breath tickling my neck, her necklace brushing my chest. My heart started racing, as if I was running the Olympics.

"Myungsoo oppa, is that you?" Lizzy asked cautiously.

"Uh-uh". I stuttered, my mind still all over the place.

Her eyes widened and she jerked back. "Mianhae, I thought you were someone I knew". She did a small bow, clearly flustered, and turned around to leave. My mind was still in a blank state, but my instincts caused me to suddenly shoot out my arm and grab her wrist before she could leave.

She looked back at me, nervous. I looked both sides to make sure no one was paying attention to us. Satisfied, I looked back at her, and dipped by sunglasses down so she could see that it was me.

Her eyes widened again and she blushed. "S-s-sorry, I thought you weren't you".

I let out a chuckle and said "Sorry I didn't say it was me, why don't you sit down?" I don't know how those words came out of my mouth and where I had found such sudden confidence and bravery but I decided to go with the flow.

She nodded and quickly sat down, placing her bag at her feet. I looked at her and frowned. "Why aren't you wearing your disguise?" Her eyes widened again, and I had to hold myself back from squealing like a girl at her cuteness. She cutely fumbled for her disguise and her bag, and smashed them on her face.

Again my brave side sprung up from nowhere, allowing me to reach over the table and adjust her glasses. She blushed and looked down at her fingers, fiddling with them.

The waitress came back to take my order, and was surprised to the see the other chair occupied by a girl. She narrowed her eyes at Lizzy, and flipped her hair over her shoulder, and turned to be with a smile showing her perfect row of teeth.

"What would you like, oppa?" Me and Lizzy nearly doubled over in shock. Lizzy was gaping at the waitress, and I was just dumbfounded.'She doesn't even know my age!'.

The waitress smirked as if she won. I calmed my self, and acted as if nothing happened. "Both of us would like to have the couple cake".

Now it was the waitress and Lizzy staring at me. I blinked right back at them as if I had said something normal. The waitress quickly wrote down the order, flustered and obviously irritated, and hurried away, her angry steps showing in the way her heels attacked the stone floor. Lizzy turned back to me, a small smile playing on her lips. "You know she was just jealous."

I nodded. "I know that, but I didn't order the cake just for that". I looked at her knowingly and she lowered her gaze, a faint shade of pink tinting her cheeks.

I cleared my throat, and said. "I saw a youtube video yesterday, you know the fans are shipping us together."

She looked up at me. "Me too! It was cute." Her eyes widened in alarm as she processed what she just said.

We both looked down, heavily blushing. My heart raced faster then ever before. 'She thinks we are cute!'. My heart leaped up in joy, and did summersaults. I knew my face probably looked red as a tomato, and from sneak peeks at Lizzy it seemed that she was in the same situation too.

"Here is you couple c-c-cak-cake." We both looked up to see the waitress putting down our cake in the middle of the table. She stuttered as she saw our face. Knowing that something happened she asked. "Are you both okay, sir and madam?". We both nodded our heads, furiously. She looked back and forth between us, shook her head, and turned to leave.
 

"Well, enjoy your cake". She said as she left. I realized that she didn't call me oppa anymore.'Must have moved on'. I shook my head at how quickly she forgot me.

I lifted my gaze only to have both of mine and Lizzy's to meet, we quickly averted our eyes, trying our hardest not to blush again.

I cleared my throat, breaking the awkward silence. "Well, we might as well get started on eating". She nodded, with her head still down. I chuckled. "How am I supposed to feed you if you don't look at me?".

Her head quickly snapped up. "Feed?".

"Yes, that's why it's a couple cake." I said smiling. She grinned awkwardly back. I scooped up a bit of the cake on my spoon. It was a round strawberry cake, covered with vanilla frosting, with chocolate dipped strawberries on the top, and a smaller heart-shaped chocolate cake on the top, with red and pink sprinkles.

I reached over the table, and grinned as she leaned forward and opened . My heart started beating so loud I was sure she could here it. I anxiously watched her waiting for her response. She looked at me, with her cheeks puffed out, and nodded her head cutely, with both thumbs up. I laughed at how adorable she looked, and she joined in after she swallowed her bite.

It felt so natural just sitting there and laughing with her. I felt at peace with her, and she gave me this feeling I couldn't explain.

"It's my turn now!". Lizzy exclaimed. I smiled at her eagerness, and leaned forward to take her bite. "Yum!" I winked at her cutely, which cause her to burst out laughing. I frowned wondering what she found so funny, but it seemed that my confused expression set her off more. Giggling she leaned forward, and my stopped beating as she wiped a bit of frosting off my nose and it.

I watched dumbstruck as she said. "Yes, yummy!" This set both of us laughing.

"It feels so good to be here with you". I said leaning over. She blushed, and playfully slapped me. "Don't flatter me".

"Do you have any schedules?" I asked her, hoping it was a no. It must have been my luck day, because her face lit up and she answered. "No!".

I grinned and said. "Do you want to do something together?". She nodded her eyes sparkling. "Ok." I laid the money on the table, and made my way to the door. I held the door open for her, causing her to remark. "Ooo, like a gentleman".

I smirked and said. "Of course, as always". Her tinkling laughter was sweet to my ears. Suddenly her eyes lit up, and she grabbed my hand and started dragging me along .

"Wh-a-a-wai-wait!" I yelled as she dragged me across the street. I then saw what caught her eye. A man selling balloons was across the street, selling balloons of various sizes and different colors.

I grinned and caught up with her. She was admiring a balloon with a couple picture  printed on it. I smiled and softly her hair. "Do you want the balloon with our picture?" I softly whispered near her ear. She turned towards me,shocked, but ended up nearly kissing me. At this both of us jerked back, and awkwardly looked elsewhere. I let go of her hair and cleared my throat. "So do you?"

She nodded shyly. "Ok". I  walked over to the man and asked."Can we have the couple balloon?". The man looked at me then started a cycle of looking back and forth between me and Lizzy. "Of course young man!" He giddily answered.

"Lizzy!" I called out to her. She looked at me."What?". I motioned for her to come over."Come on we are going to take the picture. She smiled and skipped over, like a child.  She hooked her arm with mine, and started skipping over to the man, who was setting up for the photoshoot. My heart soared as she held my hand, and I skipped alongside with her earning weird looks from passerby's.

The man turned to us, smiling, and said. "ready for the picture?" We both nodded at the same time, causing the man to chuckle lightly. "Well then step in front of the green blanket. I nodded and gently guided Lizzy to the designated spot. We stood next to each other and smiled for the camera. The man peered over the camera lens and frowned at us, confused. I blinked back at him not knowing what he was frowning at. The man sighed and said. "Well, aren't you lovebirds going to get any closer?" We both looked at him,shocked.

'Lovebirds?omg we look like a couple!" My heart did a dance around my body, and flipped around, happier than ever. I glanced at Lizzy to see her blushing furiously. I smiled and sneaked my arm around her waist, pulling her closer. She gasped and whispered."What are you doing!" So that only I could hear it. "I'm not doing anything that I shouldn't be doing." I smirked in her ear.

She giggled cutely, and elbowed me. "Be quiet". I grinned and faced the camera.

The man counted down . "Han, dul, se!" Just as the camera light flashed, it's blinding white light putting us into the spotlight. I leaned over and softly kissed  the top of Lizzy's head.

I was shocked on how I suddenly had the courage to do something like that, but inwardly I was thanking my brave self. "Perfect!" The man showed thumbs up after looking at the picture. "You lovebirds at the cutest couple yet!" I chuckled and turned back to Lizzy. "Stay here I'll go pay." She nodded and smiled at me again.

Resisting the urge to kiss her again, I turned and walked over to the man, who was busy formatting the pictue."How much?" I asked the man, pulling out my wallet. He looked up at me and said. "50,000 won." I nodded . "You now she's a keeper." "Huh?" I glanced back up at him and stopped what I was dong. He smiled and said. "Keep her, don't let her go, she's more precious then you think."

 "Uh-uh-thanks."I stuttered handing over the money. He grinned showing  a gap in his front teeth. "Thanks for buying, your balloon will be delivered to you address in a week's time!" I nodded again as I filled out the form. Signing with a flourish I walked away, mulling over what the man just said.

"Oppa?" Lizzy's voice brought me down to earth. "Yes?". I hazily answered. She intertwined her fingers with mine and looked me with her adorable eyes.Her sudden action made me freeze and stare at her.

'Yes, yes she likes you!' My heart went nuts at the simple thought. Inwardly smacking myself for having such foolish thoughts, I smiled and said. "Where to next?".

I watched as she cutely tapped her chin thoughtfully.  It was marveling for me that she didn't find holding hands awkward at all. Just as she opened to say her choice of fun, her phone's ringtone sliced through the air.

"Nae gyeote neoreul sangsanghae
honjamanui yeonghwal jjigeo"

She blushed and scrambled for her phone in her bag. My heart warmed as my lines for "Man In love"rang through the air.'She used your words as her ringtone!' My heart screamed. I smirked as she answered it finally, flustered. 

 "Yeh?"

"yeh."

"Arraseo."

She closed her phone and looked at me apologetically. "Mianhae, but I need to go. Some emergency schedule came up." My heart dropped,but soared again as she said. "We'll hang out some other time,is it ok?" I quickly nodded back at her. I sighed and stepped closer to her. "Should I drop you off?'. She shook her head."Ani, my manager will come here." I nodded and said "I will wait till she comes"d. She smile up at me. "Thank you."

"It's nothing". I replied. As if on cue, a black car came speeding out of nowhere and stopped in front of us. Lizzy looked up at me. "Bye." She said almost regretfully.

"Bye."  I whispered.I leaned forward and gave her a quick peck on the forehead, before her manager could see. She blushed deeply and walked to the car. She opened the door and looke back at me and waved cutely. I grinned and waved back.

Even after the car zoomed off, I stood there waving. I put my hands in the pickets and stared up at he clear blue sky. Even though it had only been a few hours, the time spent with her was enough to keep me happy for the rest of the day. With my heart filled, and my mouth sculpted into a lopsided grin, I skipped home full of energy.

Lizzy's POV:

I watched as his figure got smaller and smaller until we turned the corner. Settling back into my seat, I touched my heart. 'Why is my heart beating so fast?' After a few minutes of my heartbeat not slowing down, I was sure of one thing. I turned back even though it had been minutes since we had left the balloon place.

 

I had undeniably fallen in love with Kim Myungsoo


Hi everyone!!!!!

Sorry,I know I haven't been in AFF for over than a month, but middle school in america here is no joke, especially if you are taking the IB program. Anyway sorry for all my suscribers, and violetshade04!!!!I know I only put a little bit of Lizzy's POV for the past 2 chappies, I'll try to get more in. And sorry if the fluff in this chapter , cuz I'm not really good with all this lovey-dovey and cheesy stuff:).

This is newtokpop09 signing off!!!!:D