Little moments

Little Moments

A/N: Listen to Little Moments while reading this chapter.


December 23, 2011; Kona Beans

“Kyuhyun-ah,” mom’s voice called from the storage room.

“Dae?” I asked and walked away from the cashier back into storage room, while Sungjin took my place.

“Can you please help me with this boxes? It’s too heavy…” she murmured and pointed at two boxes.

“Nae,” I nodded and walked to boxes, lifting them. “Where should I put them?” I asked and glanced at mom who turned around. She mumbled something, but I couldn’t hear well; instead I walked out of the room and called Sungjin. “Sungjin, where should I put these boxes?” I asked, looking at him.

“Oh, Mrs. Cho said that those boxes are for trash.” He said. “Can you please take them out?” he asked and gave change back to the costumer, adding: “Thank you for coming.” and bowed lightly with head.

“I will,” I murmured and walked towards back doors. I opened them by leaning elbow on the hook and walked out, putting them down next to the trash. Letting a sigh out, I looked up into sky and saw clouds covering the blue, clear sky. “Ah~” I let a sigh out and looked down at my feet. “Not that it’s only cold; it’s boring as well…” I murmured and walked back inside.

“Were you outside without coat again?” asked mom and scolded me just by her look.

“I couldn’t dress up since I was carrying boxes.” I shrugged and breathed into hands to keep them warm. “And I had to go out, to wake myself up. I was getting sleepy inside.” I added and looked at the costumers. “Can I take few minutes off?” I asked and looked back at mom with puppy eyes. “Please?”

“Aish, arraseo,” she nodded and walked to Sungjin. “Be back in ten minutes!” she called after I was running to get my coat. I waved with hand and ran out of the shop, into cold day once again.

Taking my phone out I wanted to call Changmin, but Donghae kicked me to it. Narrowing my eyebrows I hesitantly picked up and put phone on my ear.

“Where are you?” he asked, without greeting.

“Hello to you too, hyung.” I murmured and continued. “I’m doing fine, thanks for asking.” I rolled with my eyes and answered on his question: “I just walked out of Kona. Why?”

“Man, and just when I wanted to say hi. I’m here, get back inside.” He said childishly.

“No,” I said shortly.

“Why not?” he whined and obviously pouted on the other side. “Wow…” he suddenly murmured.

“What?” this time I asked.

“Kyuhyun…if you don’t come back in a second, you’ll regret it for the whole your single life…” he murmured and hanged up. I stared into phone and let a sigh out, going back inside.

“You’re back already?” Mom was surprised seeing me behind the counter.

“Too cold outside…” I lied and looked around Kona to see any familiar face and there he was. “Did Donghae hyung ordered anything yet?” I asked and looked at Sungjin who shook with head. I looked back at Donghae who waved at me and then quickly pointed somewhere else, looking as well. I followed his gaze and saw a long with wavy dark brown haired girl that was looking around Kona, narrowing her eyebrows. I stopped doing whatever I was doing and stared at the girl who wanted to sit down, but suddenly rushed to the drink section, looking at drinks.

“Kyuhyun-ah,” mom’s voice woke me from my ‘staring’ at the girl.

“D-dae?” I stuttered and looked at her.

“Go and ask if she needs help.” She said and looked at the same girl that I was looking at.

“E-eh?” my eyes widened.

“You like her, now go.” She chuckled as my cheeks turned into deep shade of red, but before I could move, she was standing in front of me.

“C-” “What?” she picked up her phone, cutting me. I shut my mouth and looked at Donghae who was laughing by table with Eunhyuk beside.

Since when did he come? I thought and narrowed my eyebrows, before looking back at the girl.

“Aniyo,” she shook her head. Her voice was soft, like a feather, making me suddenly feeling really weird. I shook my head, trying to focus on other things and to keep myself busy while waiting for her call to come to an end, but my eyes always ended on her. I could see she was slowly getting irritated and annoyed by the caller, which was proved few seconds later.

“Aish, darn it!” she cursed quietly, yet loud enough for me to hear it. I tried to be serious, but I accidently let a chuckle out and looked away, only to make her look straight into my eyes and blushed deeply, covering .

“I’m sorry,” I apologized and let quiet chuckle out once again.

“A…” she opened slightly, but looked away instead, cheeks turning even darker.

“W-what would you like to…order?” I tried to sound normal, which I failed, and already seeing that Donghae and Eunhyuk will tease me about this later, by any chance for the rest of my miserable life.

“Uhm…T-tropical Rainbow…” she looked at the menu.

“Medium or large?” I asked without taking eyes away from her.

“L-large, please,” she smiled, only to worsen the situation.

“A-ah, y-yes,” I nodded nervously and looked at Sungjin. “S-Sungjin…L-large Tropical R-rainbow…” I stuttered. Sungjin looked at me confused and then at the girl in front of me, only to smirk and nodded, while I wanted to disappear from Kona and from Seoul, because I feel so embarrassed.

While looking everywhere around, except in front, I could feel her eyes on me and when I glanced at her I was right.

“W-would you like a-anything else?” I asked.

“Your number and name.” she smiled. My eyes widened while cheeks turned into deep shade of red.

“U-uhm…” “Sure, here you have Tropical Rainbow and his number together with name.” Sungjin cut in between and gave her her drink.

“Kamsahamnida,” she bowed with wide smile. “Well…I’ll call you.” she looked at me with red cheeks and disappeared from Kona Beans. I froze on the spot and couldn’t move.

She’s going to call me. She didn’t know who I was? She’s going to call me. What’s her name?? I suddenly panicked in my head and looked around, only to see Eunhyuk and Donghae laughing at me for n-th time. I looked at them with expressionless look, until my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and saw unfamiliar number.

“Sungjin, take over for me.” I said and walked out behind the back doors. “Hello?” I picked up.

“Kyuhyun-ssi,” I would recognize this voice even if I were deaf. Her voice was like an angel song and I knew I fell for her deeply when I first saw her few minutes ago.

 “It’s Rae Jin,” I looked up in the sky and saw it started snowing. “Oh look, it’s snowing.” She said with cheerful voice and for the first time in my whole life, I fell in love at first sight. Kyuhyun you don’t believe in love at first sight. I remembered myself, but it was impossible, when her smile kept appearing in front of me.

February 3, 2013

“Come on, Kyuhyun…” claimed Rae Jin while I was playing Star Craft.

Rae Jin and I have been couples for more than one year already, and we’ve always had ups and downs; but that’s just how it was between us. We were traveling a lot and got lost everytime. She cried easily and I always had to hold back my laughter, because she looked funny and cute at the same time, on top of that…no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t be mad at her.

Those little mistakes she did made me fall for her deeper everytime. She never listened to me or my warnings and still did her way, until she got into troubles. She was clumsy, but in a cute way. She was my best friend and my girlfriend at the same time. I could trust her my troubles, tell her that I had a fight with members and she would always make me feel better or scold me because of it. But more than anything…she stayed by my side even when I thought no one will.

“I’m playing a game and I’ll lose if you’re going to bother me ahead.” I said a little angry.

But today was a different day. I woke up already late for my schedule, because Rae Jin wasn’t home and my alarm clock was turned off. I wonder why. When I came to SM, I realized it is Sunday and went back to apartment that I share with Rae Jin, only to be greeted by guys who were annoying me even more, like teasing and pulling jokes on me. And after they left, Rae Jin came back, suddenly taking her anger on me, asking why was I sleeping so long and that I’m a useless guy.

My day couldn’t be worse. I quietly walked into my room, where I had laptop, synthesizer and everything for my work, and started playing Star Craft, until Rae Jin came inside, few minutes ago, and started saying I should help her with something.

“Aish,” she cursed under her breath when my nose suddenly caught something.

“What’s this smell?” I asked and looked at her. She sniffed and her eyes widened before she ran into kitchen, only to start yelling: “No! No, no, no!” I looked back at laptop seeing GAME OVER written on desktop and closed the laptop.

“I lost…” I murmured angrily and stood up, walking into kitchen. Suddenly a silent alarm went on and everything shut down, but there she was, looking at the black thing on table, while her eyes were tearing up. “What’s that thing?” I asked and narrowed my eyebrows.

“It’s nothing, go back to play stupid Star Craft.” she murmured and took it in her hands only to be burnt by it. “Ouch…” she whined and started blowing her fingers. I walked to her and pulled her in a hug, a small smile appearing on my face.

Even if the whole world is against me…I can never be mad at her. I thought and bit my lower lip.

“Don’t laugh, it’s not funny…” she murmured quietly. “I wanted to decorate cake together with you, since it’s your birthday and I’m sorry I scolded you before…” she added and sniffed.

“It’s okay,” I said, trying to hold my laughter back. I looked around the kitchen and then at the cake, before I pulled away and looked in her dark brown eyes. “Want to watch a movie?” I asked.

“No,” she pouted and looked away.

“Ya, Rae Jin,” I cupped her face, making her to look at me. “It’s my birthday today.” I smirked, seeing her pouting even more.

“Which movie?” she asked and looked back at me.

“Anyone you want,” I smiled and kissed her forehead. “And don’t worry about the cake. We’ll bake it tomorrow, okay?” I said and hugged her again.

She hesitantly nodded and quietly said: “Lovers in Paris.” I smiled once again and nodded in agreement before we both walked into living room, where she pulled curtains over windows, so it’ll be dark, while I prepared for the movie.

“Kya!” she suddenly screamed and quickly ran to my side.

“What?” I asked and looked at her, or at least I tried because she was hiding behind me, burying her face in my back.

“S-spider!” she claimed and pointed towards window where a…cockroach was on.

“It’s a cockroach not spider…” I said and looked at her.

“I know it’s a cockroach!” she pouted in embarrassment. I bit my lower lip, chuckling and walked to window opening it, so the cockroach would go out.

“Is it okay now?” I asked and looked at her. She nodded in embarrassment and sat on the couch, taking remote controller. I smiled and sat beside, resting arm behind her on the couch. She leaned on my arm and we both started watching the movie.

After it ended, I tried to move my arm, but I couldn’t feel it anymore; it was numb. I looked at Rae Jin who was quietly sleeping while her head was still resting on my arm. Letting a chuckle out, I kissed her forehead before leaning my head on hers.

“Even if there’s no cake, party, gifts or anything related to birthday…I’m happy you’re with me and that’s more than enough.” I whispered with a smile.

“I love you, Kyuhyun…” She mumbled in her sleep.

“I love you too…” I whispered once again and closed my eyes, drifting into sleep.


Author's Note

Tadam~ here it is. :) Thank you for subscribing and commenting.

I hope you like this one-shot and yeah, I'll be writing some more one-shots, but not at the moment. I have to end other stories first and I will try to the end of this year. I know, empty promises, but I'll do my best, since I'm going to be in senior year and there will lots of studying to get accepted into university...I don't know what's after High School, so don't take me seriously, but yes, I'm senior this year.

As for the one-shot stories, there will probably be more like this one; based on songs of country music, because I just adore country right after K-pop. :D

This one-shot was in Kyuhyun's POV and I really liked to write in guy's pov for once, since I either write in "I" or 3d person which...is...weird for me. But okay, I'll stop here. xD I hope you really enjoyed and I really like to read comments, so leave one after if you want.

I'm really thankful for reading.