Final

True Lovers Will Always Meet Again [ONE-SHOT]

“Jongdae, you’re not serious are you?” Xiumin asked, staring at his boyfriend in disbelief because of the words that had just left his mouth, because along with those words, he felt as if his heart fell as well, shattering into pieces because he honestly couldn’t believe it.

The other boy took a deep breath before he spoke again.

Xiumin was sure that the other looked like he was doing something against his will, because who the hell starts to tear up when breaking up with someone?!

“I’m sorry Minseok… we’re just not working out.” The younger explained, clenching his fists tightly.

The older took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

He didn’t know if he was going to get through this.

“That’s the reason?” he asked, receiving a firm nod in return. “Well okay…” he whispered.

Jongdae nodded once again before he turned around, walking away from him.

Xiumin stared at his back, staring as he walked out of the door, leaving the older standing there with tears in his own eyes. His entire body was trembling and he really couldn’t believe what had just happened.

The love of the life had just walked through his door, gone.

And he had just let him.

Xiumin took a deep breath as he stepped outside of his apartment, smiling as the sun was shining rather beautifully, it was going to be a good day and he had a good feeling about it.

Moving along the sidewalk, he moved into a small café and ordered a coffee to go.

Waiting patiently, he heard the bell on the entrance ring.

But he only ignored it.

When he got his coffee, he paid with a grateful smile before turning around and accidently bumping into someone which meant that his coffee was now over both him and the floor.

“Oh , I’m so sorry!” the other said, grabbing a couple of napkins immediately and wiping Xiumin’s shirt with it. The other just shook his head.

“It’s alright.” He said, taking the napkins from the other and wiping himself.

Both of them looked up at the exact same time.

And both of them gasped in unison too.

“Minseok?”

“Jongdae?”

They were more than shocked. And they had no idea how to handle the situation. Xiumin gulped and nervously smiled before he continued to wipe himself.

“Um… let me buy you another.” Chen said, moving to the counter before the older could even stop him and his hospitality.

Soon enough, he found himself sitting at one of the café tables with his ex just opposite him, buying him lunch and coffee and not taking ‘no’ for an answer. Chen tried his best to lighten the mood with a smile, but Xiumin couldn’t stop himself from fidgeting nervously on his seat.

“Minseok, how have you been?” he asked, holding his cup carefully.

“I’ve been good, um, how about you?” the oldest asked, biting his lip nervously.

“That’s good, I’ve been okay.” Chen said, whispering softly, and Xiumin sighed – this was not how he wanted to be spending the sunny afternoon: sitting nervously with his ex-boyfriend.

Especially when he still loved the other unconditionally.

No matter how many times he tried to forget about him, he always came back into his head.

Taking a deep breath, he sipped his coffee and sighed.

“Look Jongdae, I should really be going.” He said, making an excuse and standing up, smiling as best as he could before turning around and trying to make it out the door.

Chen instantly moved up and he ran up to his ex-boyfriend, holding his wrist and pulling him back.

“Wait. Can I talk to you?” he asked, and Minseok shut his eyes.

Taking a deep breath, he didn’t know why he said it, but he did.

“Okay.”

Now sitting on Jongdae’s couch, he thought about how stupid he was that he actually ended up here today.

The other was currently in the kitchen making coffee.

Chen was always in love with coffee, Xiumin smiled at the fact that hadn’t changed at all.

When he returned, he placed a mug in front of the older and sat beside him, keeping safe distance from him before he placed his own cup down and he began to talk.

“Look, I want to talk about why I… broke up with you.” He explained, making the other relive the moment from four years ago.

They had both changed, but somehow, Xiumin’s heart still flickered when he heard the other’s voice.

And the sentence that came with it.

“…Why?” he whispered, and the younger sighed.

“Because… I lied to you.”

Minseok immediately moved around, his face paling as he heard the other’s confession, his body trembling just at the sound of it.

Gulping, he looked up at the younger.

“You did?” he asked, his voice showing how nervous he was at this point.

“Yes… can I explain?” Chen asked.

And once again, the old feeling washed over him and Xiumin nodded, agreeing to hear the other out.

Maybe it was the sense of hope that hit him.

And Chen began to talk.

“Okay… first things first… I didn’t want to break up with you then.”

Xiumin’s eyes widened, and when he opened his mouth to interrupt him, the other pushed his index finger up against the older’s lip and shook his head immediately.

“Please, don’t interrupt.” He pleaded, and the other nodded. “Okay… my mother actually made me do it.”

The older’s face paled.

Chen’s mother had always hated him ever since they were introduced. With Chen being from a rather rich family and him himself being from a rather working-class family, Jongdae’s parents didn’t think they mixed well together at all.

“The thing was, even though I refused to hurt you, she threatened to hurt your chances of ever getting a good job, and she threatened to stop my own funding.” Chen whispered.

The older was frozen on his seat.

And Jongdae knew that this was very hard to catch onto.

“I’m sorry, but I had to break up with you to help you.” Chen continued, clenching his hands into fists.

Then Xiumin remembered that the other was actually crying when he was breaking up with him, which was probably because he didn’t want to break up with him.

Right?

Xiumin took a deep breath before looking up at him.

“What… What’s so different now?” he wondered, and Jongdae smiled before motioning to the apartment around them.

“This. I’ve got a good job, I can pay for myself. And I’ve noticed you’ve done pretty well for yourself too.”

Minseok nodded, and he looked up at the other, hope lingering in his eyes as he stared at Chen. Jongdae smiled before he shuffled even closer to the other and took his hand in his own.

“Please, can you take me back?” he asked.

The older gulped before he stared into Chen’s eyes, looking for some sort of deceiving look.

There was none.

And that was the golden truth.

Nodding, he could feel tears building up in his eyes. Chen’s own eyes widened as he stared at the older boy.

“…Really?” he whispered.

“Really…” Xiumin replied, and the next thing he knew the other was hugging him tightly, pressing their bodies together and simply inhaling the other’s sweet scent that had been forbidden for so long.

The eldest was crying in a couple of seconds, Chen his hair softly to try and calm him down.

And he was whispering softly into his ear.

“I’m so sorry baby, I’m so sorry.”

Xiumin delved his head into the other’s shoulder even more, crying harder as he heard the other’s pet name in his ear.

It was heart-breaking to see him like this, but Jongdae was going to do his best to comfort him.

Xiumin’s head was now lying on Chen’s lap, both of them were staring into each other’s eyes, gazing deeply before the youngest moved his hand into the other’s hand, squeezing it tightly.

The eldest smiled.

Jongdae wiped the other’s cheeks once again, leaning down and pecking him softly on the pink lips.

“I love you Minseok.”

Xiumin bit his lip and his eyes began tearing up again.

He had dreamed about this for so long, he wasn’t sure that he wasn’t dreaming anymore.

Chen suddenly pinched his arm.

“Ow!” he screamed, hitting the other hard as Jongdae just laughed aloud, chuckling as he the other’s soft locks again, winking at him before explaining his actions.

“Sorry, you were thinking you were dreaming right?” he asked, and the other pouted.

“How did you know?”

“I know you Minnie.” Chen whispered, moving his lips to the others once again before he moved his lips softly, making the other moan as he bit softly onto the older’s bottom lip.

Xiumin closed his eyes and raised one of his hands running it through the other’s hair, grabbing softly and pulling him down even more, opening his mouth slightly. Chen slid his tongue into the other’s mouth, himself as he remembered how good this felt.

The eldest moaned softly as he felt his tongue being massaged by the love of his life.

on his tongue, Chen gave the other as much as pleasure as he could during the kiss.

Removing his lips, the youngest smiled down at the other.

“I’m glad I have you back.”

Xiumin smiled sweetly before nodding, biting his lip.

“Me too.”

“Are you sure about this?” Xiumin asked as they both stood outside of a door that neither of them wanted to be in front of. Chen smiled and held on tightly to his fiancé’s hand, trying to brace him with confidence and courage as he knocked on the door.

The eldest glared at the other.

“Warn me next time.” He said, and Chen just shrugged before he heard footsteps nearing the door.

Minseok felt his body begin to tremble as he watched the door hand being pushed down, and someone had opened the door, looking rather surprised at them.

“Jongdae?” his mother exclaimed, looking at the other in complete surprise.

“Hey mum.” Chen replied, smiling at her.

Then his mum looked down at his son’s hand that was entangled in someone else’s and when she realised who it was, her facial expression immediately dropped and she sighed.

“I thought we got rid of you.”

Xiumin was still rather scared of this horrible woman, but he didn’t really care anymore.

“Yeah you did. But now we’re back, and with big news.”

She glared hard at him, obviously looking very disinterested at the time being in anything the other had to say.

“We’re getting married.”

They really should’ve caught her face on camera.

Xiumin held up his left hand and dangled the diamond ring on his wedding finger in front of the older woman, smirking.

Chen smiled as well.

It was sweet victory for the both of them and their relationship.

His mother just stared at it before staring at her son with disbelief written all over her face.

“Jongdae?” she whispered.

“Mum, I’d really like you to attend.” He said, being very sincere – she was his dear mother after all, and she was his family. But she was rather mucked up and there was nothing he could do about that.

The older woman stared at the both of them before shaking her head.

“No, I don’t approve of you marrying him.”

Xiumin sighed at the answer that they were both expecting to receive, but they had a little ounce of hope.

“Okay… I tried.” Jongdae whispered, and he smiled when he felt his fiancé tightly hold onto his hand for support, he was glad Minseok was here to give him the support and confidence he really needed to reject his mother’s wishes that she was sure to try and push onto him.

Minseok and Chen left the house quickly, entering the car and letting out the breaths they were holding in.

“Woah.” The eldest whispered.

The younger chuckled and nodded in agreement.

“So, what now?” Xiumin asked, putting on the seatbelt and staring at the diamond ring again, whilst the other started up the car and reversed out of the driveway.

Jongdae chuckled.

“Well, shall we get started moving into our new apartment and working on wedding plans?”

Xiumin nodded and grinned like a child.

“Okay!”

Both of them laughed out loud before the they drove down to their new fabulous and (very expensive) apartment where they were going to start their new lives with each other.

Because their relationship would never be able to end completely.

Xiumin was sure of that.

Fin.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed the fluffiness of this fic! Keeping me awake! So, ten more minutes until b.a.p! It's 3.51 am here, come on now!