Sunset

Stories of Us - One Shot Collection

Soft and warm, you wrap yourself around me; there's no place I'd rather be. I know we can't always be together. I know it's only temporary. If I could though, I'd stay with you forever.

The calmness. The peacefulness. It's just what I need.

Solitude.

Taking the time to think about things that I don't have time to process during the day.  You help me to find all things beautiful; even if they seem so distant or unreal. Like the sunset; untouchable.

My mind finds its happy place. A place where it's just us. No hustle and bustle. No drama. Just some time to relax. Some time to find my peace of mind.

I wonder if you miss me when I'm gone.  When we can no longer be together. I know I miss you. I anticipate the next time that we'll meet. The next time that we can go into a wonderland, where we don't have to worry about anyone or anything.

Well...until the intruders came.

Like loud smoke spreading across the quiet sky, our haven was polluted. The worst part was that I couldn't do anything to stop it. I had no control over anything.

Neither did you.

We couldn't stop them if we tried. Everything we once loved, now ruined.

Defaced.

They stormed in on our only safe place, broke everything,  and now we are picking up the pieces of our broken dreams.