Angel

Angel
Angel:

Kibum laughed.

"You're so funny!" He said, causing JongHyun to blush. Scratching the back of his head, Prince JongHyun's heart thumped wildly when he saw the adorable face of the boy he just met.

'He's so... Beautiful....' He thought. No one noticed the jealous girl watching them, tears gathering in her eyes.

"He's a witch! You're under a spell!" A girl pleaded desperately with the prince.

JongHyun's eyes widened. "That's impossible! Don't lie to me!" He growled, his eyes narrowed at the brunette before him.

'Shin SeKyung' The brunet thought.

"He is! Look!" SeKyung a piece of paper at his face. A familiar figure stared up at him.

*Wanted: Kim Kibum(Key) Powerful Witch*

JongHyun clutched the notice until his knuckles turned white.

"I don't believe it..." His heart filled with anger, pain and most of all, betrayal. "How dare he trick me!" The prince practically snarled.

-0-

Key kneeled down in the royal gardens, using his magic to coax the plants to grow. Unnoticed by him, many guards had gathered under the orders of the Prince. Hefting their weapons, they got ready and waited for the signal from their future king. When it came, the guards bunched up and formed a circle around Key, effectively surrounding him and cutting of any chances of escape. Key looked up, surprised.

"Wha-"

"Save your breath, Witch! You're under arrest by order of Prince JongHyun!" One of the guards sneered.

"Wha-? There-There must be some mistake! My name is Kim Kibum and I'm His Majesty's lover!" Kibum protested as his arms were used to haul him to his feet.

An ugly grin spread through the guards face. "There is no mistake. Your name even confirms it! You're a Witch and you'll be burnt at the stake for consorting with the devil!" The man laughed.

Key desperately looked around and spotted JongHyun. He sighed in relief.

"Jjong! They're gonna arrest me for being a Witch! You've gotta tell them that they're wrong and to let me go right?"

JongHyun, stony-faced, just looked at his lover. Uncertainty gripped his heart. "Jjong?..." Kibum called out.

JongHyun strode towards him, grabbing something from the folds of his cloak. A piece of paper that Key identified as a Wanted poster filled his vision.
"You lied to me! I trusted you and gave you my heart and you lied to me! You're a Witch and shall be put to death by the stake, cleansing your soul." JongHyun snarled, anger painting his features.

Key could only look at his lover -Ex-lover - as the men dragged his limp form away.

-0-

Tied to a cross in a mocking imitation of Jesus Christ, Kibum lowered his head.

Gone was the rich clothing, in replacement was tattered rags that barely hung on his thin frame. Only one thought was in his mind.

'Why Jjong?'

Pain gripped his heart. The only being he had ever loved like this had tied him to a cross because he was a witch!

Kibum snorted.

'Bewitched my . That ing scumbag probably heard it from that Shin .'

Glaring at the small humanoid figures, Kibum was sure his Father wouldn't let them live for treating his most beloved this way. He turned towards the sky, eyes watering as the winds hit them.

Closing his eyelids, he slowly let the tears fall. He could hear the crowd's screams.

"Repent for your sins, Demon helper!"

JongHyun was standing at the edge, a pretty brunette at his side. The girl was gripping a cross, mouth moving in a silent prayer.

Kibum stared sorrowfully at them.

'Why did you fall for her lies Jjong...'

SeKyung smirked at him. Kibum growled, his eyes turning red for a moment.

"There! His eyes are red! He's too far gone to be saved! Only the flames can purify his soul!" The woman shouted, getting the attention of the people. Nods could be seen as they assented to burning the 'witch' at the stake to 'purify' him.

"Light the fire!"

Smoke could be seen as they rose to the sky. Fire the wood, burning even more as they grew closer and closer towards him.

Kibum closed his eyes.

He wasn't going to be weak anymore, and hoped that his Father would not take this as an insult and destroy the world.

That was unlikely though.

He prayed that his Father would forgive his ex-lover, before casting teary eyes at the prince. His heart broke at the sight.

'He really hates me!' Kibum thought in pure disbelief. He could see the burning hatred in JongHyun's eyes.

'After all we shared! Did... I only mean that much to him?' Kibum thought despairingly.

'I should've known... Humans were always fickle, changing their minds in an instant. That bastard probably thought that killing a wanted witch would gain him fame.' The brunet snorted. 'Bloody pretentious cur.'

Kibum looked down, obscuring his face using his fringe. He could feel the pure energy that was encompassing his body. Piling all the energy at his back, he prepared.

Harsh winds started coming from every direction. Kibum screamed, his head thrown back and facing the sky, in pain, fury and betrayal.

In a flurry of feathers, Key escaped, his magic creating gales of winds that blew everyone back.
In mere seconds, all anyone could see was a small dot in the sky as the angel escaped. All that was left behind was a single pure white feather that landed on JongHyun's palm.

The prince stared, shocked, at the retreating back of his ex-lover.

'How could I have made such a mistake?'

He stood silently and could only watch as the dot became fainter and finally disappeared all together.

Gabriel was finally going back home.

-0-

Four days later, the entire world was flooded, killing all inhabitants except for those that were within the ark.

Kibum or Gabriel as he was known, sat in heaven, gazing down on earth as he watched his previous lover getting drowned.

"Gab? Gab? Are you watching Earth again? You should get over that stinking already! He wasn't worthy of you!" Michael, the other Archangel of Heaven said, anger in his voice.

Gabriel looked up surprised.

"You know how I like being addressed by my alias, Mike. As you too like to be addressed as Taemin."

Taemin huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

-0-

5 years later, Kibum woke up in his bed, securely embraced by his partner. Absently, he traced circles on his lover's back as he thought about how he could have ever loved that human.

Kibum shrugged, throwing away those thoughts as he got up and walked to the bathroom.

What's in the past, stays the past. He was already dead anyway.

The Archangel took out his toiletries and quickly washed up.

Even Angels needed to be hygienic!

A muffled, sleepy voice reached his ears. "Come back to bed.. It's too early to get up" His lover slurred.

Kibum smiled, "Coming!"
He finished up before hurrying to bed with his personal heater. The blanket was open invitingly as he slipped in between.

"Night Tae," was all Kibum said before drifting off to sleep.